20 Pax took their #DRP and posted in #TheGloom on the first cold day (ok it’s relative, cold for Houston at least!!!) at The Hogg. YHCs did their best to deliver another fully satisfying #downpainment, including the 2nd official Double Down (back-to-back workouts). The particular focus this AM was introducing a number of Funky new versions of exercises to the H-town Pax. #MissionAccomplished
- YHC is not a professional instructor #clipboarder. F3 workouts are voluntarily and free of charge. It is important to use good form to complete the exercises, so take a break, ask for a demonstration and/or modify if you need to. Push yourself, but don’t hurt yourself. #youagainstyou Notify the Q of any serious medical conditions. Aye!
- A crisp 48° and very windy with clear skies and sun. Humidity was only 56%, so between the temp and humidity there wasn’t the usual quantify of #sweat produced… Our car seats and wives are very grateful.
The Thang 0600
7 Pax posted for another of Duggar’s classic String of Pearls workouts. This one was an out and back along the West side of El Camino Real. Absent Coupons (by Pax request), we made the most of it. Warming up, the Pax did High Knees, Buttkickers, and Karaoke R/L down ECR, before stopping for a Merkin Bridge x 10 over the ditch (now known as Blindness by Grass Accupuncture). After, for the remainder of the time, while running, the Pax performed a Burpee Indian Run – #crowdpleaser – in which the last man performs 5 burpees, while the rest keeps moseying on…after 5 burpees, he sprints to catch up to the Pax, tapping the new last guy on the shoulder, who would then stop and begin 5 burpees, while the former (very tired) last guy continued running to the front of the Pax. To increase the Pax pleasure, Duggar stopped us along the way for Single Leg Copperhead Lunge x 10 R/L; 2 sets of 10 horizontal pull ups on the Even Bars, while Pax waited with Makthar N’Diayes; 10 x Dips IC each Regular/Right Leg Up/Left Leg Up; mini Chin Up/Pull Up Pyramid at Uneven Bars; 10 x Hip To Ground; and the (new) Bearwall (perform 4 count Bear Crawl forward then back, then 4 Donkey Kicks against the Great Wall), Rinse-n-Repeat x 5.
The Pax arrived back just in time to Return to the Regular 0700 Programming. Short on time, we dispensed with the 0600 group’s Count-O-Rama and Name-O-Rama, but needed to name FNG Oliver Doolin. The Pax who had worked out were possibly too tired and the Pax waiting to work out too cold, because no on could come up with a suitable nickname (How we didn’t play off of Oliver Twist in some way is a mystery). Eventually, Bishop backstopped the group and dubbed the FNG Mondo. Why? You’ll have to ask him!
The Thang 0700
- Mosey across to the El Camino Real then hang a right. At Bushwood Country Club, hang another right into the Garden of Tranquility. Enjoy the #peacefuleasyfeeling as you mosey back to the Front Yard and the Shovel Flags for COP
- Circle of Pain
- Seal Jacks x 25 IC
- Mountain Climbers x 15 IC
- LBCs x 15 IC
- Windmills x 15 IC
Mosey to the Back 40 for the LACtic Acid Test and partner up
- Partner 1 does Jump Squats AMRAP while Partner 2 runs to the opposite side of the field where he completes Merkin Plank Jumps x 10 then runs back. Flapjack. Rinse & Repeat x 3
- Partner 1 does Side Lunges AMRAP while Partner 2 runs to the opposite side of the field where he completes Peter Parker Merkins x 10 then runs back. Flapjack. RnR x 3
- Partner 1 does Snowboard Squats AMRAP while Partner 2 runs to the opposite side of the field where he completes Alternating Arm Raise Merkins x 10 then runs back. Flapjack. RnR x 3
Partner 1 does Jump Lunges AMRAP while Partner 2 runs to the opposite side of the field where he completes Jack Webb Merkins x 5 then runs back. Flapjack. RnR x 3
- Mosey over to the Polling Station for Partner Hand Slap Sit Ups x 20
- Mosey over to the Playground By The Sea (Pool Playground) a Funky Burpee Progression
- Round 1: Burpee Box Jumps x 10, Run A Lap, Side Step Ups L x 10
- Round 2: Burpee Step Ups x 10, Run A Lap, Side Step Ups R x 10
- Round 3: Burpee Lateral Jumps x 10, Run A Lap, Side Step Ups L x 10
- Round 4: Burpee Tuck Jumps x 10, Run A Lap, Side Step Ups R x 10
- Mosey back over to the Polling Station for another round of Partner Hand Slap Sit Ups x 20
- Resume mosey through the Back 40 back to the Shovel Flags. Along the way agility run weaving through the pilings.
- Gather around the Shovel Flag for COT
- 20 men. Aye!
- #FNG Welcome Mondo (Oliver Doolin)! A Tulane grad from Lafayette, LA. The Pax really struggled on Name-O-Rama this AM, but finally landed on Mondo by The Bishop’s proclomation. #thepaxrejoicedandpraised Why Mondo you ask? Well on the drive over to the Hogg, The Bishop heard a new song he liked, Shine by Mondo Cozmo. Thus the inspiration for Mondo. #MakeTheNameEpic Great to have you out there with us Mondo! Come on back out. #noonenightstands
BoM (Ball of Man)
- In honor of the upcoming Thanksgiving Holiday, the Pax gathered silently in a BoM to offer their individual thanksgivings. Keystone offered Thoughts and Prayers (TAPs) for the men and women of the Armed Forces of the United States of America, their families and the #sacrifices they make for all of us.
- Bishop offered thanksgivings for the safe return of Lt. Col. Tom Montgomery (F3 High Explosive or H.E. from CLT Metro/Indy), as well as all of his soldiers, from an active duty deployment in Jordan along the border of Syria in an ISIS controlled area.
- T’claps to Keystone for taking us out. The #3rdF pulpit is open to any Pax member. You are all #freedtolead, and every leader needs to find his “voice” among other men. Offering TAPs is a great way to do that.
- T’claps to both the 0600 and 0700 Pax on a great workout today. Both workouts offered a balanced assortment of core, chest, arm and leg exercises, while keeping the heart rate high with a good bit of running. Put it all together and you have the recipe for a total body #beatdown, which this morning had a Funky new flavor.
- Today’s workout title comes from a 1979 disco tune by LIPS INCorporated called Funky Town. Check out the video. Yeah, that is how we rocked it in the 70s!!!
- At 0600, the Pax logged approximately 3 miles, while Duggar brought us Funky new exercises Burpee Indian Run (awesome!), Pull Up Pyramid, Bear Crawl Wall.
- At 0700, The Bishop kept the mileage down focusing on introducing Funky variations of F3 #wheelhouse exercises – Merkins, Squats, Lunges, Burpees, Step Ups.
- Shout Out to Britney, Steers, The Bishop and Whiskey for completing the #doubledown Strong Brothers! #DoubleShot
- One of the fundamental pillars of F3 is that all workouts are held outdoors, rain or shine, hot or (in this case) cold. YHC tried to inspire the Pax in the face of near artic conditions with #falsepositivity: “It’s cold outside, but it at least it is windy!” #embracethesuck
- Some key mumble chatter phrases from this AM – Double Shot and Grass Accupuncture (seriously merkins over a ditch with unmowed, spikey grass can take your eyes out… OHSA violation!)
- Good to see an number of the newer Pax moving into regular attendee status: Brexit, Fireball, Keystone, Show Me, Steers, Tumbleweed, Whiskey #nextgeneration
- The Shovel Flags looked great this AM with the wind making them fly #flythecolors We are F3 Nation – Aye!!!
- Thanksgiving Workout. Duggar will be Q’ing the Thursday workout this week. Since it is Thanksgiving, Duggar thought it would be nice to let you sleep in another 30 minutes – he is a swell guy! – so the workout will launch at 0600. Thanksgiving is a family holiday, so bring your sons, brothers, fathers, brothers-in-law, fathers-in-law, cousins, neighbors and/or strangers you meet at birthday parties (Duggar…). It is a chance to show these men what F3 is all about. Will it help that they think you are a badass afterwards?!? Yeah, yeah it will… You will be able to dawg on them all day!!!
- F3 Apparel. T’claps to the Pax who are already sporting their own F3 logo gear. For the rest of you, I quote Cramer on Mad Money – “Buy, Buy, Buy!” #flythecolors The Official Gear Store of F3 Nation is Mud Gear (www.f3.mudgear.com). Two suggested items to order via links below:
- The Official F3 Houston Race Jersey is here, and they are #badasserthanhell. T’Claps to Inferno and Spewer for Q’ing this shirt design and logistics. www.f3.mudgear.com/products/f3-houston-pre-order
- The Official 2016 F3 Nation Race Jersey: www.f3.mudgear.com/collections/2016-official-f3-race-jersey-pre-order
- Word of the Day (WOD): STARFISH: An Organization with no strong central authority, where power and responsibility are diffuse among the Pax. The model upon which F3 is constructed.
Aye! Duggar and The Bishop