- When: 06/15/2017
- QIC: Cruiser (RR), Britney, Camo (YHC)
- The PAX: Cruiser (RR), Canon, Hammer Time, Mr. Awesome (2h?), Hookup(R), Fresh Prince, Fire & Ice (R), Olaf, Britney, Shoog, Practice (FNG), Kickstand (2H), Snowbird (Kotter), Scalpel, JR Ewing, Camo, Locksmith (R)
17 PAX climbed out of the fartsack to pay their dues at #TheHogg. YHC was still a little #GoodSore from the Bishop Q Tuesday, and several were nursing some #GoRuck recovery. Near Go Time we realized there was no pre-set QIC so Cruiser, Britney, and Camo came together for a little off-the-cuff Co-Q. Did we pull off a successful last-minute beat down? Read on….
Qs are not professionals though Britney sometimes has dreams that he’s playing one on TV. You are here by your own free will. #PushYourselfButDontHurtYourself . Modify as needed, especially if you just #GoRucked. #YouAgainstYou Notify somebody of any serious medical conditions. Let’s Mosey!
80 degress and thick. If today’s atmosphere was a lady she’d of had some Junk In The Trunk.
Circle up around the shovel flags. Wait what? No shovel flags!! Circle up around Q #1Cruiser.
- SSH x25 IC
- Abe Vigoda x 10 IC, brisket style (low and slow)
- Grass Grabbers x10 IC
- Merkin x10 IC
Cruiser-led Mosey over to the #FunDeck.
- SS Right and Left
- Karaoke Right and Left
Once at #FunDeck, grab some bench!
Workout 1: Fun Deck Deluxe
- Dips x20 IC
*First Q change, Britney takes the reigns
- Step-ups, 15 each leg OYO
- American Hammers x30 IC (Whoops he forgot to stop!)
- Derkins x10 IC
- In-n-outs x20 IC (Lots of #Midwife Noises)
10 count in here by Canon, accelerating finish
- Dips x15 IC
- Step-ups, 10 each leg OYO
- Derkins x10 IC
- In-n-outs x 15 IC (more #Midwife Noises)
- Dips x10 IC
*Second Q change, YHC takes control of the PAX
Quick water break for some high quality H2O. The time of hydration focus is upon us!
Now that that’s done, line out for:
- DAS Indian Run over to #Bushwood Country club. Every PAX grabs a patch of Astroturf.
Workout 2: Country Club Relaxation
Time for a little 20-15-10, no break in between.
- 20 squats OYO
- 15 Australian Merkins OYO
- 10 Burpees OYO (#CrowdPleaser)
Call a 10-count by Shoog. PAX is ready for a change But wait, there’s more! Rinse and Repeat! After the second round several PAX were calling Unfair Play, hit the 6 for:
- 25 LBC
Finish up, then line out for a DAS mosey back to the shovel flags circle up spot. Arrive to find Fire&Ice taking a solo DRP.
YHC calls a little Plank O Rama to wrap things up:
- Right arm high
- Left arm high
Just then Canon audibles a Plank-Merkin Relay (or something like that):
- PAX hold plank position in circle. First man does 5 Merkins, jumps up, runs around the circle. 2nd man starts his Merkins as soon as the first man hits 5, does his lap, and so on. YHC got the pleasure of being last and really enjoyed the #ExtraMidwifeNoises that resulted as I ran my lap. Andddddd we’re done.
#CountORama / #NameORama
17 PAX total, with 2-2H’s and one FNG! Welcome Practice!
Thanks Locksmith for the camerawork!
#BoM (Ball of Man)
YHC took us out with a thanks for being able to work on our fitness, and thanks for those new Men who join us..
Announcements: All kinds of good stuff coming up.
- TTT tonight!! Kirby Ice House at 5:30 or there-abouts.
- Father’s Day Convergence > Saturday, June 17th > Memorial Park (The Hogg). Normal 0600-0700 and 0700-0800 workouts followed by the 2.0s joining us 0800-0830 and Ms to join for breakfast immediately following. Invitations to all “Ms” (significant others) and “2.0s” (kids) are highly encouraged, and this would be a chance for more 2ndF. Need hard commits on BAND > Cruiser bringing breakfast tacos, YHC has kid/adult beverages, Britney bringing donuts, Canon bringing coffee. #MarkYourCalendars. This is going to be a good one guys, make plans to be there. You’ll finally be able to introduce your M to all these dudes that you spend so much time with.
- Houston Tough Mudder > Nov 11-12th, 2017 >5 Miles, 13 Obstacles, 1 Extraordinary Experience. Even dirtier than the Spartan Race, but just as much of a 2nd F team building experience. More info here.#CSAUP
- Houston Spartan Sprint > March 24th, 2018 > 3-5 miles, 20-23 Obstacles. The Reebok Spartan Sprint: This is our shortest distance. It is perfect for athletes of all levels; from Spartan first timers to seasoned racers. The race is a fantastic test of your physical ability, but an even better 2nd F experience. More info here.#CSAUP
- Twitter/BAND:We have a good comms system going for F3 Houston via Twitter and BAND. Get on either and look up F3 for regular updates and #Mumblechatter. Inferno or one of the other PAX (YHC included) can also help get you hooked up.
#Naked Man Moleskin
T’CLAPS TO CRUISER WHO STEPPED UP TO Q THE WORKOUT WITH NO HESITATION. TOOK BRITNEY AND I A SECOND LONGER TO SAY “AND WE’LL HELP TOO!”
MAD PROPS TO KICKSTAND, WHO EH’D AN FNG ON HIS OWN SECOND HELPING! STRONG WORK
GREAT TO SEE SNOWBIRD BACK WITH THE PAX TODAY! WELCOME BACK KOTTER!
Appreciate the opportunity to lead on such a fine H’town morning. Britney, Cruiser- Thanks for warming them up, enjoyed it guys!