“He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters.” (Psalm 18:16)
Reflections of #OldFatGuy now #OldManStrong
I thought I’d share the story of “The Sign” once again. I read a daily devotion, on the day I read the above I get a call from a prospective client, this guy they call Duggar, we meet for lunch, he tells me about his company and himself (10 minutes) > Then proceeds to spend the next 30 minutes telling me about this workout group he belongs to and that it kicks off on 10/01/2016. Well, 10 minutes into the F3 story I was hooked. This may just be what I needed, it was A Sign from GOD. It wasn’t easy, I was #OldFatGuy in the back, struggling to put one foot in front of the other, dying doing 5 pushups and WTH is with Burpee’s? Flash forward, 5 months today> Tue, Wed, Thur and Double workouts on Saturday. -30 lbs + muscle. I’m running on my days off and ask anyone about how many flights of stairs I do daily. I owed this to myself, my wife, my kids and my grandkids to be around for as long as possible. Now, none of us are getting out of here alive but I’m going to do everything in my power to stay healthy and be there for my family. I’m also going to do everything I can to be a better leader at home, at work and in public by setting good examples of how to be a “H.I.M.” My sincere thanks to everyone in F3, it is indeed an honor and a privilege to lead this group of men.
Now, let’s get jiggy with the BackBlast BQ Beatdown. Grab some coupons, time to Mosey.
- Mosey: Thru the back parking lot toward the Pool> SS left and right, back peddle, then mosey to Pool parking lot
- SSH x 20 IC w/coupons
- Abe Vigoda x 20 IC
- Copperhead Squat x 21 IC w/coupons >*NOTE* Total all three = 61 < BQ Respect Respect #WarDaddy
- LBAC x 10 Forward IC > then Backward x 10 IC
- The Moroccan Night Club x 10 IC
- Light Bulbs x 10 IC
- Mosey to the “Playground” Find a spot on the wall of pain
- Bear Crawl Reach Ups x 20 IC
- Decline Mountain Climbers x 20 IC
- Decline Step Down x 21 IC
- Low Flutter x 20 IC > coupons high
- Dolly x 20 IC > Coupons high
- Rosalita x 21 IC > coupons high
- High Flutter x 20 IC > coupons high
- American Hammer x 20 IC > w/coupons
- LBC’s x 21 IC > w/coupons
- Reverse Crunch x 20 IC
- Plank Reach x 20 IC
- Mosey back to the Parking Lot… More Core FUN! Partner up w/coupons
- Big Boy Sit Ups x 30 ea OYO > Pass the coupons at the top
- Oblique Crunch x 10 Each Side IC R&R x 2
- Mosey back to the Shovel Flag with YHC calling “Jail Break last 100 yds”
BoM (Ball of Man)
- Circle ofTrust, Ball of Man and Thoughts and Prayers. Every F3 Workout ends with a COT, wherein the PAX form a circle to conduct Counterama, Namerama, Announcearama and the Ball Of Man. During the BOM, the Pax are encouraged to offer TAPs, which is followed by a closing prayer to take us out. The COT, and all it encompasses, are a Core Principle of F3. In my opinion, the BOM key part of the “glue” that binds us, as well as a key inspiration for us to grow and share F3 with others. I expect each of you has probably experienced at some point the special feelings that the COT, BOM and TAPs can elicit. These experiences remind us of the deep bonds of Fellowship, Faith and Trust we share. #commonhumanity When members of the Pax feel safe enough to share openly very private and personal things, we can unexpectedly find ourselves in moments that can be transcendent, humbling and inspiring – reminding us all of our brotherhood and deepening our relationships with each other #Fellowship and our Faith.
- TAPs were offered by Camo, thanking #SkyQ for watching over the PAX
- TAP’s offered by Duggar for Buble’ and The Bishop for quick healing and healthy return
- #IronSharpensIron not only in our workouts, but in our fellowship and faith together. AYE!!!
- GrowRuck 03 – New Orleans June 9-11 combines F3 Grow School with a GoRuck Tough. Details to follow. Have no doubt, this will be a transformative event for the PAX that do it, as well as for F3 Houston and F3 Texas. Get excited!
- Spartan Race. Please sign up for the first official F3 Texas(Houston, Dallas and San Antonio Pax) #CSAUP Quick summary, expect 4-5 miles with 20-23 obstacles, and lots of burpees. See link for more details on the race: https://www.spartan.com/en/race/detail/1880/overview?filter=sprint Key info:
- When: Sunday, May 21, 2017
- Where: Reveille Peak Ranch|105 CR 114 Burnet, TX 78611
- Event Q:We need one for the F3 Houston Pax. #leadership opportunity. Who wants it?
- Registration Info:
- Event:Spartan Sprint (NOT the Super)
- Heat: Sunday Morning, 1115-1200 Heat
- Team Name: F3Texas
- Password: Fish61
- Why:#CSAUP Races are signature events for the F3 Nation. The Spartan Race is a excellent chance to test your Fitness, growth in Fellowship and deepen your Faith (believe me, you will be praying during the race…) Ask any Pax who has done one, and they will tell you that #CSAUP events are their favorite F3 activity!!! #seeforyourself
- SCOPE 5K: Run for Colorectal Cancer. This is the next F3 Houston #CSAUP event. Pace Car and Cruiser are the Event Q’s. Colorectal cancer is bad news and especially prevalent in men. The plan if for an F3 workout before the run starts, and then crush the race. Some details are still being finalized, but here is what we have so far. See link for more details on the race:https://thedriven.net/event.race_reg/eid/7514234679?
- When: Saturday, March 25, 2017
- Where: Texas Medical Center, 1220 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX
- Start Time: 0800
- Event Q:Pace Car and Cruiser #Tclaps
- Registration Info: https://thedriven.net/event.race_reg/eid/7514234679?
- Team Name: F3 Nation (Make sure you register under our team)
- Donations: Pace Car and Cruiser are accepting donations. The goal is to reach $1000 to obtain Silver Level Sponsorship, which will put the F3 logo on the back of the race shirt.
- @F3_250.What the heck is this?!? Well, it is a challenge to the Pax to make a personal commitment to working out 250 times in 2017. F3 workouts count, as well as any 30+ minutes exercise sessioin you complete (yes, even with your M if you can last that long!?!). T’claps to Duggar who just completed the #F3twofiddy challenge this week. The Bishop, Britney, Cruiser and Duggar Hard Commits #HC for 2017. Time for YOU to step up for your own @F3_250 #accountability
- F3 COMZ. Because we are only working out together 3-4 hours a week, communication between the Pax is a key way to build our Fellowship as a group. #CommunicationIsKey There are multiple ways to stay in touch:
- Twitter. YHC highly encourages the PAX to get on Twitter. It’s not a scary as it sounds, and it’s a great source of real-time updates, #MumbleChatter and hilarious (and occassionally horrifying!?!) images from the PAX. If YHC can do it, then trust me that anyone can. Suggested Twitter handle: @F3[F3name].
- f3nation.com. This is the key resource for all things F3, but especially for the Backblasts, a written account of a Workout or Event that the Q Posts to a public forum. You can find the #BBs for F3 HOU here: http://f3nation.com/locations/houston-tx/
- Facebook. F3 Houston has both public and private pages (Duggar can get you access to the latter). It is a great place to look at pics and videos from our workouts.
- Word of the day – GROW RUCK: The combination of a G-School with a GORUCK IOT Accelerate the Leadership Development Process in a Nomad or Region. “AYE”