21 Pax took their #DRP and posted in #TheGloom. YHCs did their best to deliver another fully satisfying #downpainment, including F3 Houston’s first official Double Down (two back-to-back workouts).
- YHC is not a professional instructor #clipboarder. F3 workouts are voluntarily and free of charge. It is important to use good form to complete the exercises, so take a break, ask for a demonstration and/or modify if you need to. Push yourself, but don’t hurt yourself. #youagainstyou Notify the Q of any serious medical conditions. Aye!
- Starting to get a little cooler 62° and partly cloudy with 89% humidity. Significant #sweat was produced…
The Thang 0600
- String of Pearls with Coupons around El Camino Real with stops for #painstations along the way. You don’t really want the details… it was UGLY!!! #totalbeatdown
The Thang 0700
- Mosey around to the Sister of Mercy’s backside parking lot. Along the way alternate running with Agility Drill on Curby Drive, Backpeddle, Side Shuffle, Karaoke L/R and Butt Kickers
- Circle of Pain
- Plank Jacks x 15 IC
- Mountain Climbers x 15 IC
- LBCs x 15 IC
- Head to the Wailing Wall and partner up for some Penance
- Grab some SAK-rete (50lbs amigos!)
- Round 1: Partner 1 does Peoples Chair while Partner 2 runs a lap of the parking lot with the SAK, flapjack
- Round 2: Partner 1 does Balls to the Wall while Partner 2 runs a lap of the parking lot with the SAK, flapjack
- Round 3: Partner 1 does AMRAP Donkey Kicks on the Wailing Wall while Partner 2 runs a lap of the parking lot with the SAK, flapjack
- Plank-o-rama for the 6. Regular, R/L Leg Up, Regular, R/L Arm High, Regular
- Mosey over to the Back 40 via No Mercy Street for Elevens
- 10->1 Merkins then run the length of the field 1->10 LBCs and run back #goodliving
- Mosey over to the Polling Station for some more Plank-o-rama
- Regular, R/L Arm Out, Regular, Southern Gentleman, Northern Aggressor, Regular
- Mosey over to the Lost World Playground
- Step-ups x 15 each leg OYO
- Incline Merkins x 15 IC
- Box Jumps x 15 OYO
- Derkins x 15 IC
- Mosey over the El Camino Real and hang a right. Pause at the Bush Grove
- Dips x 15 IC
- Resume mosey on the ECR to Bushwood Country Club entrance, then cross over to the Garden of Tranquility.
- Dips x 15 IC
- Resume mosey through the GOT back to the Shovel Flag. Along the way Backpeddle and Karaoke R/L.
- Circle up for some quality time with Mary
- Low/High Flutter, Rosalita, Dolly, Bicycle, Greatest American Hero (3 verses)
- Burpees x 10 OYO
- Gather around the Shovel Flag for COT
- 21 men. Aye!
- #FNG Welcome Bootstrap (Grant Teaney)! A&M grad and Corps boot maker. First #flyerborn Pax member. Great to have you out there with us brother!
- #SecondHelping #2Bagger (New F3 Lexicon: Pax who return for their 2nd workout, indicating a level of commitment) Welcome back Keystone and Show Me – great to have you out with us again! #noonenightstands #DRP Aye!
BoM (Ball of Man)
- In honor of Veteran’s Day, Spewer offered Thoughts and Prayers (TAPs) for the men and women of the Armed Forces of the United States of America, their families and the #sacrifices they make for all of us.
- The Pax noted that Keystone and The Bishop are both veterans of the United States Marine Corps! #SemperFi
- Bishop offered thanksgivings for the safe return of Lt. Col. Tom Montgomery (F3 High Explosive or H.E. from CLT Metro/Indy), as well as all of his soldiers, from an active duty deployment in Jordan along the border of Syria in an ISIS controlled area.
- T’claps to Spewer for taking us out. The #3rdF pulpit is open to any Pax member. You are all #freedtolead, and every leader needs to find his “voice” among other men. Offering TAPs is a great way to do that.
- T’claps to both the 0600 and 0700 Pax on a great workout today. Both workouts offered a balanced assortment of core, chest, arm and leg exercises, while keeping the heart rate high with a good bit of running. Put it all together and you have the recipe for a total body #beatdown.
- For those keeping score at home, for the 0600 workout we ran 3.0 miles burning 750 calories, and for the 0700 crew we also ran 3.0 miles burning 800 calories. YHC was definitely smoked after we finished.
- Shout Out to Brittany for completing the first #homegrown full-length #doubledown Strong Brother! Your reward was a total of 6.0 miles and 1550 calories.
- T’claps to Duggar on a workout so challenging that only 3 of 8 Pax stuck around for the #DoubleDown, and 2 of us had to!?! Running 3 miles with #coupons and #painstations will do that to you. Strong work Q!
- The Pax skewed sorta young today, so YHC had to conjure up some hard core #downpainment to remind the Pax that the Q is #oldmanstrong
- Old (Not So) Faithful… There was some consideration being given to changing Spewer’s name to Old Faithful in light of the regular occurrence of him spewing in workouts. Another example of the improving fitness level we are witnessing among every member of the Pax. Keep coming out and getting stronger #ironsharpensiron #3S2T
- Looking Ahead. A couple of workouts you don’t want to miss:
- Brittany’s Virgin Q #VQ will be this Tuesday. Since we launched on 10/1, Brittany has attended every workout. This Tuesday will be his 20th #downpainment. We thought he had earned the right to Q this one (and more in the future). We encourage all Pax to come out to support (and challenge) Brittany. Make him earn his #Bitch!
- #DoubleDown Redux this Saturday. With the success of the first 0600 Saturday workout, we will be offering another round this coming weekend. For those of you looking to test your fitness level, there is no better way than to #DoubleDown with the 0700 workout at The Hogg. Think an hour workout is great, just wait until you experience a 2-hour workout. #ironsharpensiron Who is up for the challenge?!? #gauntletthrown
- F3 Apparel. T’claps to the Pax who are already sporting their own F3 logo gear. For the rest of you, I quote Cramer on Mad Money – “Buy, Buy, Buy!” #flythecolors The Official Gear Store of F3 Nation is Mud Gear (www.f3.mudgear.com). Two suggested items to order via links below:
- The Official F3 Houston Race Jersey is here, and they are #badasserthanhell. T’Claps to Inferno and Spewer for Q’ing this shirt design and logistics. www.f3.mudgear.com/products/f3-houston-pre-order
- The Official 2016 F3 Nation Race Jersey: www.f3.mudgear.com/collections/2016-official-f3-race-jersey-pre-order
- Word of the Day (WOD): 3S2T: Strength, Speed, Stamina, Toughness (physical) and Toughness (mental). Nothing like a #doubledown with coupons to deliver 3S2T!
- The F3 Lexicon provides the Pax with a language that uniquely conveys and captures much of what we do and believe in F3. It seems trivial, but the Lexicon helps connect us and enriches our fellowship. Take some time to check it out. (http://www.f3nation.com/lexicon/)
Aye! Duggar and The Bishop