10 PAX posted at #TheHogg for a light jog and heavy emphasis on tri’s and shoulders.
YHC is not a professional instructor. F3 workouts are voluntarily and free of charge. Modify as needed. #YouAgainstYou. Push yourself but don’t hurt yourself. Notify the Q of any serious medical conditions.
A balmy mid 80s, high humidity. Sprinting towards summer.
Mosey over to the St. Theresa’s, mix in some Butt Kickers, High Knees
- SSH x 15 IC
- Squat x 15 IC
- Arm Circles x 20 IC
- Copperhead Squat x 10 IC
- Merkins x 10 IC
Double applesauce with some Indian runs over to the Pool and Day Spa, climbing the barricade along the way.
# The Thang
Interval training, 30 second intervals each exercise OYO, 30 seconds of R&R. Do as many as you can in 30 seconds.
- Merkin / Squat / Incline Merkin / Step-Up , DIP
- Merkin / Jump Squat / Derkin / Lunge / DIP
- Merkin / Box Jump / Diamond Merkin / Jump Lunge / DIP
Mosey to field next to pool.
- Partner 1: Sprint to other side, mosey back
- Partner 2: Exercises 50 Squats / 100 LBCs / 200 Imperial Walker
Mosey back to the Shovel Flags.
- Bear Crawl Ring of Fire—Circle up around shovel flag. Begin by bear crawling around in circle until Q says stop. Upon stopping, first Pax completes 10 merkins while other Pax plank, then next Pax in line completes 10 merkins while other Pax plank. Keep going around until all Pax have completed the 10 merkins. Rinse and repeat with backwards bear crawl and 5 merkins (Pax audible).
- Caution: Bear crawl ring of fire in close proximity increases impact of secondary ring of fire.
- LBCs x 50 OYO
- Reverse LBCs x 50 OYO
- Oblique Crunch x 25 OYO each side
CountORama and NameORama:
10 PAX, 1 FNGs, welcome Abrams (T’Claps to proud Papa Camo, his BIL).
- Yard Shirt Pre-Orders
- Spartan Race on May 21
- T’Claps to Camo for taking us out today.
F3 Swag. T-shirt pre-orders for The Yard are open now. Pre-orders close midnight on 5/8/17. Get it while it’s hot! https://f3.mudgear.com/products/f3-houston-the-yard-pre-order?variant=41919296467
Spartan Race. The first official F3 Texas (Houston, Dallas and San Antonio PAX) #CSAUP convergence. Quick summary, expect 4-5 miles with 20-23 obstacles, and lots of burpees. See link for more details: https://www.spartan.com/en/race/detail/1880/overview?filter=sprint
Key info / How to sign up:
When: Sunday, May 21, 2017
Where: Reveille Peak Ranch|105 CR 114 Burnet, TX 78611
Event Q:We need one for the F3 Houston PAX. #leadership opportunity. Who wants it?
Registration Info: Event:Spartan Sprint (NOT the Super)
Heat: Sunday Morning, 1115-1200 Heat
Team Name: F3Texas
GrowRuck 03 – New Orleans June 9-11 combines F3 Grow School with a GoRuck Tough. You don’t want to miss this! If you’re sitting on the fence about this event, sign up today. This is a custom GoRuck event, which has been specifically designed for F3 to help reinforce the Leadership Development training that the PAX will be exposed to over the course of the GR03. As a FenceSitter, you will have nothing but regret for a long time to come, as the PAX that do participate come back and retell story after story of this transformative experience. So, don’t miss out – sign up! http://bit.ly/2nWxT5H Ruck training is underway – to join the chatter on Band, let Inferno or Leprechaun (local event Q) know. Next ruck work Saturday 0500 at The Hogg.
Thank you for the opportunity to lead, more to come. Special thanks to Britney for the encouragement, Inferno for the guidance in preparation, and Camo for the help along the way.