14 PAX arrived at Condit Elementary School for the ongoing Soft Opening of F3 Houston’s latest Area of Operation (AO), The Yard. Although, let’s be honest…it’s not that soft when we’re hosting the biggest workout of the day in the nation’s 4th largest city.
The Yard continues to be well represented by the Condit Elementary Dads Club, and I think we’re starting to see a bit of the same trend starting to emerge from the dads at St. Paul’s Elementary at The General. As Duggar initially lined out for the opening session at The Yard, So keep note, fertile EH’ing lands are everywhere.
No FNGs, but we opened with the SOP disclaimer anyway…We’re not professionals, PYDHY, good form, modify if need be, let us know if you’re hurt, injured, or dead.
It was a little chillier than expected given the recent nice weather, but at 50°, it wasn’t as if we were freezing.
- Mosey along the pathway at CES to get the blood flowing
- Side Straddle Hops x 25 IC
- Imperial Walkers x 25 IC
- Toy Soldiers x 25 IC
- Butt Kickers (Atha original to work the gluts) x 25 IC on each leg
Mosey across S. Rice, over to The Yard. Started off with a pyramid to 5 and back of Burp and Merks. A rinse and repeat was offered up after Buble’s kind complements to the chef. YHC then led a modified BLIMP of sorts around the The Great Lawn in front of Tanglewood – 10 merkins, 15 lunges on each leg, 20 LBCs, and 25 squats on each “corner”.
A gentle Indian Run around the rest of the AO provided a nice breather for the PAX, an opportunity for Duggar to try to EH a random along the way (no digits – coffee is for closers), and an informative tour for the first timers at The Yard.
Group activities continued with a Hands of Time with legs dropping to flutter kicks around the circle on 3 second count intervals. We rinsed and repeated around the circle twice before Duggar threw an audible with a round of Mickey’s Hands of Time to complete the exercise…lots of mumble chatter / airing of grievances ensued.
With Duggar dying to try out some of The Yard’s other features, YHC offered up 10 sets of Bunny Hops up and down the amphitheater’s stairs and a set of 20 Hip Slappers on the stage on each leg to wrap up the main course for the morning.
After a short mosey, the PAX returned to the outdoor basketball court at CES for Six Minutes of Mary. For the SMM the PAX performed:
- American Hammer x 15 IC
- Rosalita x 15 IC
- Flutter Kicks x 15 IC
- LBCs x 20 IC
14 PAX, including 2 Second Helpings (Sandman and Holiday).
Ball of Man
Circle of Trust, Ball of Man and Thoughts and Prayers
- Nothing noteworthy, but a general EH around freely and often, as you never know what might turn up and who might have their lives changed.
- At 626, I was the only one who had posted for my own VQ…a twitter rant was starting brew in my mind. Thankfully the flood gates opened with a record showing of 14 PAX for The Yard.
- YHC came in with a plan, but it’s never as easy as it is in your head. Initial observations for future VQs and the seasoned veterans – 1) it’s pretty cool to hear the forceful cadence coming back at you in the dark for the first time; 2) it’s harder than I thought to line up the timing and exercise spacing for a workout for the group.
- Tclaps to the PAX for helping the VQ get through his VQ. Lots of good team building forged during the Hands of Time…which spilled over to a large gathering at the local coffee house, which was bizarrely out of half of its menu…shame, Starbucks, shame…
- Spartan Race. Please sign up for the first official F3 Texas(Houston, Dallas and San Antonio Pax) #CSAUP Quick summary, expect 4-5 miles with 20-23 obstacles, and lots of burpees. See link for more details on the race: https://www.spartan.com/en/race/detail/1880/overview?filter=sprint Key info:
- When: Sunday, May 21, 2017
- Where: Reveille Peak Ranch|105 CR 114 Burnet, TX 78611
- Event Q:We need one for the F3 Houston Pax. #leadership opportunity. Who wants it?
- Registration Info:
- Event:Spartan Sprint (NOT the Super)
- Heat: Sunday Morning, 1115-1200 Heat
- Team Name: F3Texas
- Password: Fish61
- Why:#CSAUP Races are signature events for the F3 Nation. The Spartan Race is a excellent chance to test your Fitness, growth in Fellowship and deepen your Faith (believe me, you will be praying during the race…) Ask any Pax who has done one, and they will tell you that #CSAUP events are their favorite F3 activity!!! #seeforyourself
- SCOPE 5K: Run for Colorectal Cancer. This is the next F3 Houston #CSAUP event. Pace Car and Cruiser are the Event Q’s. Colorectal cancer is bad news and especially prevalent in men. The plan if for an F3 workout before the run starts, and then crush the race. Some details are still being finalized, but here is what we have so far. See link for more details on the race:https://thedriven.net/event.race_reg/eid/7514234679?
- When: Saturday, March 25, 2017
- Where: Texas Medical Center, 1220 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX
- Start Time: 0800
- Event Q:Pace Car and Cruiser #Tclaps
- Registration Info: https://thedriven.net/event.race_reg/eid/7514234679?
- Team Name: F3 Nation (Make sure you register under our team)
- Donations: Pace Car and Cruiser are accepting donations. The goal is to reach $3000 to obtain top sponsorship billing, which will put the F3 logo on the top of the race shirt.
- @F3_250.What the heck is this?!? Well, it is a challenge to the Pax to make a personal commitment to working out 250 times in 2017. F3 workouts count, as well as any 30+ minutes exercise sessioin you complete (yes, even with your M if you can last that long!?!). T’claps to Duggar who just completed the #F3twofiddy challenge this week. The Bishop, Britney, Cruiser and Duggar Hard Commits #HC for 2017. Time for YOU to step up for your own @F3_250 #accountability
- F3 COMZ. Because we are only working out together 3-4 hours a week, communication between the Pax is a key way to build our Fellowship as a group. #CommunicationIsKey There are multiple ways to stay in touch:
- Twitter. YHC highly encourages the PAX to get on Twitter. It’s not a scary as it sounds, and it’s a great source of real-time updates, #MumbleChatter and hilarious (and occassionally horrifying!?!) images from the PAX.
- f3nation.com. This is the key resource for all things F3, but especially for the Backblasts, a written account of a Workout or Event that the Q Posts to a public forum. You can find the #BBs for F3 HOU here: http://f3nation.com/locations/houston-tx/
- Facebook. F3 Houston has both public and private pages (Duggar can get you access to the latter). It is a great place to look at pics and videos from our workouts.
- Word of the day – EXICON: F3’s Exercise Lexicon – Let’s explore the offerings, as there are lots of goodies inside.