17 Pax posted in the gloom for a visit with some old, leaky, sandy friends followed by a partner relay
I think Roosevelt T. Roosevelt said it best: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpktBGInl60
Proclaim, Disclaim and Reclaim
YHC is not a professional. F3 workouts are voluntary and FREE – you are here voluntarily. Push yourself, but don’t hurt yourself. #YouAgainstYou. Use good form. Modify as needed. Notify the Q or rest of Pax of any serious medical conditions.
Mosey around the ball field, thru the Pool Yard, and onto road to the backside of St Theresa – with L/R side shuffles, back peddle and L/R Karaoke along the way. Circle up for COP:
- SSHs x 20 IC
- Imperial Walkers x 20 IC
- Abe Vagodas x 15 IC
- Grass Grabber x 15 IC
- Toy Soldier x 15 IC
Mosey to the sand box and grab some sack… 50lbs sand bags. Choose wisely, as a number of our well loved sandbags have holes or have come open at one end. A few teams substituted for logs (At this point, Duggar started losing him normal positive mental attitude #frustrated #pantybunching)
The Pax partnered up for a sand bag relay.
- Partner 1 runs a lap of the parking lot with the sand bag, while Partner 2 does Hip Slappers on the Wailing Wall, flapjack
- Partner 1 runs a lap of the parking lot with the sand bag, while Partner 2 does the People’s Chair on the Wailing Wall, flapjack
- Partner 1 runs a lap of the parking lot with the sand bag, while Partner 2 does Donkey Kicks on the Wailing Wall, flapjack
- Little Baby Armcircles x 25 IC, then flapjack opposite direction
Next the Pax circled up for some rounds of Hot Potato with the sand bags. 10 times around to the R, and then 10 times around to the Left. Repack your sacks.
Mosey to the Old Lot (one perk of moving to the New Lot is that it has freed up the Old Lot as a new playground) and find your partner for 4×200
- Partner 1 runs across the parking lot and back, while Partner 2 does Merkins, flapjack, continue until the team has completed 200
- Partner 1 runs across the parking lot and back, while Partner 2 does Squats, flapjack, continue until the team has completed 200
- Partner 1 runs across the parking lot and back, while Partner 2 does LBCs, flapjack, continue until the team has completed 200
- Partner 1 runs across the parking lot and back, while Partner 2 does Lunges, flapjack, continue until the team has completed 200 (ok, we ran out of time and couldn’t complete the lunges… next time!)
Mosey to the Shovel Flags for COT.
CountORama and NameORama
17 PAX, including 1 FNG, Pot o’Gold (Victor Mendoza). T’claps for absentee proud papa Leprechaun. Let’s keep up the EHing. #ABH You know it is an Energy town when your new refers to himself as LNG (liquified natural gas for you non-energy folk) instead for FNG. Fortunately, he didn’t hit the Pax with any LNG during the workout.
TAPs to Ace who is going through a tough time
F3 Gears– Get with Beta or Bishop to get involved in this F3 cycling WO going forward. Likely keep repeating each Sunday afternoon for about 1-2hrs at recovery pace #nodrops.
Anniversary Convergence – All PAX Welcome: As we approach our 1st Anniversary of Launching F3 Houston this coming Fall, pencil in Saturday, Sept 30th on your calendars for our Convergence Celebration. Details will get ironed out as we get closer, but SAVE THE DATE for now – All PAX are Welcome for this critical birthday.
Capital Ruck Tour: Saturday October 28th > Austin, TX 1700 – 2400, ~20 miles > Details here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/capital-tour-2017-austin-tx-tickets-32076969078?aff=efbeventtix
GrowRuck Texas > 1st Quarter of 2018
Second F > Fellowship > Thursday, July 20th at Kirby Ice House > 1730 hrs, be there!
Upcoming Area of Operations (AOs) Launches:
- League City – August 5th
- AO-Q : TP
- Katy – Oct 7th
- AO-Q : Camo
- Humble/Kingwood/Atascocita area – End 2017
- AO-Q : Cruiser
- Sugar Land – Early 2018
- AO-Q : Inferno
Start EH’ing your friends and family for these upcoming AOs!! We need F3 volunteers to travel to these AOs to participate in the workouts over the first months. Leadership opportunity. #rollmodel Get with the above AO-Qs if you are available to help support these AOs.
For those few of you who have not yet signed on – get onto BAND today, either via smartphone app (links here: apple / android), or via the website. This is our new preferred Comz Channel going forward – download it and join the band called “F3 Houston” to get all the info on F3 Houston. Here is where you can learn who are the upcoming Qs, sign up yourself to be the Q, read our Backblasts for each WO, learn details of our next CSAUPs, and as usual, make fun of the guys in the Pax in general with some good ol’ Mumble Chatter.
I’m proud to have #LockedShields with you this day. #ISI!!!
Aye! The Bishop