9 PAX posted at #TheHogg (0700 – 0800hrs) for their #DRP. T’Claps to all that made it out this morning.
- YHC is not a professional instructor. F3 workouts are voluntarily and free of charge (you’re here of your own will). Modify as needed. #PushYourselfButDontHurtYourself #YouAgainstYou, use good form. Notify the Q of any serious medical conditions. Aye! > Let’s Mosey
- Conditions were a muggy 68° with 90% humidity light breeze and overcast. Get ready to sweat.
- A little mosey over to St. Theresa’s with some side shuffle L&R, High Knees, Backwards and recovery pace to the Shovel Flags.
- SSH x 5 IC
- Abe Vigoda x 5 IC
- Copperhead Squat x 5 IC
#Break out the Stacked Deck and play 52 pickup
- Spades = Mountain Climbers – IC = ~208 reps total
- Hearts = Merkins – Civilian Count = ~104 reps total > more like 130
- Clubs = Copperhead Squats – IC = ~ 104 reps total
- Diamonds = American Hammer – IC = ~ 208 reps total
The PAX shared in leading the group aka Q -Training Day
- The PAX can modify > either IC or Civilian as well as the tempo.
- Emphasized proper Q technique
- Next exercise is ******
- Starting position move
- In Cadence
Completed the deck with 15 minutes to spare. Tclaps to everyone this morning, great job leading the #BoM
- Plank routine with regular por favor, right arm high, left arm high, right leg high, left leg high
- Then we got a little tricky with right arm & left leg up and flapjack
- Makhtar N’Diayes x 10 to get the heart pumping once more
- Closed it out with some Abe Vigoda to stretch the hammies one more time.
#CountORama and #NameORama
Q Fail> Totally blew this, remembered at Coffeeteria. YHC will remind the younger PAX, it’s hell to get old but it beats the alternative. No FNG’s. Remember to EH friends and neighbors.
#BoM (Ball of Man) – #COT:
TAPs for Brittany’s brother-in-law and his ordeal in China, Bishop and his strong words regarding taking that slow walk with our parents and adding in our children. Thanks to The Bishop for taking us out. Again it was my pleasure to lead the BoM this morning. Thank You
- SCOPE 5K: Run for Colorectal Cancer. This is the next F3 Houston #CSAUP event. Pace Car and Cruiser are the Event Q’s. Colorectal cancer is bad news and especially prevalent in men. The plan if for an F3 workout before the run starts, and then crush the race. Some details are still being finalized, but here is what we have so far. See link for more details on the race:https://thedriven.net/event.race_reg/eid/7514234679?
- When: Saturday, March 25, 2017
- Where: Texas Medical Center, 1220 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX
- Start Time: 0800
- Event Q:Pace Car and Cruiser #Tclaps
- Registration Info: https://thedriven.net/event.race_reg/eid/7514234679?
- Team Name: F3 Nation (Make sure you register under our team)
- Donations: Pace Car and Cruiser are accepting donations. We have blown thru the goal of $1000 to obtain Silver Level Sponsorship, Now we’re going for the GOLD. 9 firm commits for this event. Plan it to have 1 Regular Saturday workout prior to the 5K, with the run being the DOUBLE.
- Spartan Race. Please sign up for the first official F3 Texas(Houston, Dallas and San Antonio Pax) #CSAUP Quick summary, expect 4-5 miles with 20-23 obstacles, and lots of burpees. See link for more details on the race: https://www.spartan.com/en/race/detail/1880/overview?filter=sprint Key info:
- When: Sunday, May 21, 2017
- Where: Reveille Peak Ranch|105 CR 114 Burnet, TX 78611
- Event Q:We need one for the F3 Houston Pax. #leadership opportunity. Who wants it?
- Registration Info:
- Event:Spartan Sprint (NOT the Super)
- Heat: Sunday Morning, 1115-1200 Heat
- Team Name: F3Texas
- Password: Fish61
- Why:#CSAUP Races are signature events for the F3 Nation. The Spartan Race is a excellent chance to test your Fitness, growth in Fellowship and deepen your Faith (believe me, you will be praying during the race…) Ask any Pax who has done one, and they will tell you that #CSAUP events are their favorite F3 activity!!! #seeforyourself
- Convergence??? Monday, May 29th Memorial Day
- F3 COMZ. Because we are only working out together 3-4 hours a week, communication between the Pax is a key way to build our Fellowship as a group. #CommunicationIsKey There are multiple ways to stay in touch:
- Twitter. YHC highly encourages the PAX to get on Twitter. It’s not a scary as it sounds, and it’s a great source of real-time updates, #MumbleChatter and hilarious (and occassionally horrifying!?!) images from the PAX. If YHC can do it, then trust me that anyone can. Suggested Twitter handle: @F3[F3name].
- f3nation.com. This is the key resource for all things F3, but especially for the Backblasts, a written account of a Workout or Event that the Q Posts to a public forum. You can find the #BBs for F3 HOU here: http://f3nation.com/locations/houston-tx/
- Facebook. F3 Houston has both public and private pages (Duggar can get you access to the latter). It is a great place to look at pics and videos from our workouts.
- Word of the day – WAR Daddy: The oldest man at an event