PAX: Fresh Prince, Hookup (R), Rudy the Rabbit, Whiskey (R), Gemini, Britney, Backhoe, Pot of Gold, Rose Bowl, Scalpel, Pace Car, CC, Cruiser (RR), Locksmith (R), Fire & Ice (R), Two Dinners, Fire Ant (2H), Haggis, Pollywog, El Blanco, The Bishop, Duggar, Inferno
24 PAX posted at 0630 #TheHogg ITG to pay homage to the fastest man on four wheels, Ricky Bobby.
YHC is not a professional instructor. F3 workouts are voluntarily and free of charge. Push yourself, don’t hurt yourself. Modify as needed. #YouAgainstYou. Notify the Q of any serious medical conditions. Aye! And in the immortal words of Reece Bobby, if you’re not first you’re last
82 and humid
Mosey through the St Theresa parking lot, with Agility Drills: Side Shuffle (R/L), Back Peddle, Butt Kickers, High Knees.
Circle of PainCircle up in the pasture next to the Garden of Tranquility. Mumble chatter is strong as the PAX get their Ricky Bobby on.
- SSH x 21 IC.
- Moroccan Nightclub x22 IC
- Imperial Walkers x22 IC
- Copperhead Squat x22 IC
Count off. Meant to partner up the 1 & 2s and the 3 & 4s before splitting the PAX into two groups. Ultimately figured it out with help from the PAX.
Trivia time: how much money did Ricky Bobby give thanks for in his family prayer to the little baby Jesus? Sorry, Inferno. Not $100 million. All PAX 5 burpees OYO. Correct answer: $21.6 million (YHC likes to round up)
Shake and Bake
- Round 1: Group A (1s & 2s): Partner alternating hand-clap merkins; Group B (3s & 4s): Run a lap. It feels good to go fast. Flapjack.
- Round 2: Group A (1s & 2s): Partner alternating hand-clap Big Boy situps; Group B (3s & 4s): Run a lap. Don’t try to sniff the Lucky Charms. Flapjack.
- RnR. Still going pretty fast.
Fast pace of the PAX momentarily created a pause in the mumble chatter. Scalpel arrived just in time to partner with YHC on the last set of Big Boy sit-ups – unfortunately for Scalpel, he dropped his Six in pile of fire ants. Next time, perhaps he will just plod into a huge pile of dog poo. It’s not that bad, right Gemini? Shout outs to the many PAX, including Rudy and Fresh Prince in my group, who apparently have been driving with a live cougar and put the pedal to the metal.
PAX mosey / meander into the Garden of Tranquility proper and grab a bench or stonewall. What’s a Nascar race with Skoal? It’s like a Little League baseball game without Skoal Bandits.
- Dips OYO x22, RnR two more times.
Mosey back into St. Theresa’s parking lot.
Trivia time: how does Carl Naughton, Jr. like to picture his Jesus? El Blanco and Whiskey combined for the correct answer: with a mullet, wearing a tuxedo t-shirt. No burpees.
Trivia time: what does Carl Naughton, Jr. think you get if you have two Number 1s? Cruiser and a host of others sounded off with the correct answer: 11.
Two Number 1s (aka, 11s)
- Leg thrusts (starting with 10), cross the parking lot and star jumps (start with 1).
Can anyone verify merlot spillage in the bushes?
Mosey back to the Shovel Flags.
Spelling Test / Modified Alphabet
THEY said Nascar fans can’t spell good. (In this case, THEY are elitist Formula 1 fans and probably French. And maybe Cross Fitters). YHC and the PAX proved them not 100% correct. YHC needed a little help from The Bishop.
- Hold legs six inches off the ground and trace capital letters in the air for: Magic Man, Texas Ranger, and Shake’n’Bake!
Wring out your shirts. Good work today, men!
CountORama and NameORama:
24 PAX, 0 FNGs. Welcome back Fire Ant for 2H.
Announcements: Swag – Britney has patches and new shirts on Mudgear. New AOs. Don’t forget about Austin in October
TAPs: All for cancer: Whiskey’s friend, Pace Car and Pollywog’s colleague, and Cruiser’s SIL are still fighting. Rocky from F3 South Carolina has passed; Rocky helped to launch F3 Houston and was remembered by The Bishop.
The Bishop took us out, with a special shout out to the little baby Jesus (presumably in golden fleece diapers)
Ye Olde NakedManMoleskin
Mumble chatter was strong today. Nothing like a Will Ferrell movie to inspire the PAX. OK, according to statistics Adam Sandler has more Netflix views.
YHC was impressed by the resilience of the newer guys out there today. The Shake’n’Bake laps were at a fast pace and the 11s were more of a beat down than YHC anticipated. If you haven’t been coming out to F3 Houston for several months, then stick with us. It wasn’t that long ago that YHC would’ve been at the back of the pack.
Finally, to hell with Reece Bobby: We are Third.
- F3 Gears: Beta and The Bishop are starting an unofficial cycling group starting at 1700 (5pm) Sundays at The Hogg for ~1.5 hr ride or so.
- Anniversary Convergence: SAVE THE DATE 1st Anniversary of Launching F3 Houston this coming Fall, pencil in Saturday, Sept 30th on your calendars for our Convergence Celebration. Details will get ironed out as we get closer.
- Capital Ruck Tour: Saturday October 28th > Austin, TX 1700 – 2400, ~20 miles > Details here:https://www.eventbrite.com/e/capital-tour-2017-austin-tx-tickets-32076969078?aff=efbeventtix
- Houston Tough Mudder – Nov 11-12th, 2017 – 5 Miles, 13 Obstacles, 1 Extraordinary Experience. Even dirtier than the Spartan Race, but just as much of a 2nd F team building experience. More info here. #CSAUP
- Houston Spartan Sprint > March 24th, 2018 > 3-5 miles, 20-23 Obstacles. The Reebok Spartan Sprint: This is our shortest distance. It is perfect for athletes of all levels; from Spartan first timers to seasoned racers. The race is a fantastic test of your physical ability, but an even better 2nd F experience. More info here. #CSAUP
- Twitter/BAND: We have a good comms system going for F3 Houston via Twitter and BAND. Get on either and look up F3 for regular updates and #Mumblechatter. Inferno or one of the other PAX (YHC included) can also help get you hooked up.
- League City – August 5th
- AO-Q : TP
- Katy – Oct 7th
- AO-Q : Camo
- Humble/Kingwood/Atascocita area – End 2017
- AO-Q : Cruiser
- Sugar Land – Early 2018
- AO-Q : Inferno
LEGACY: What a Q leaves behind through the Effective performance of his Mission during his life.
Thank you for the opportunity to lead.