- When: 04/20/17
- QIC: Camo and Co-Q J.R.Ewing (VQ)
- The PAX: Bongo (DR from New Orleans), Fresh Prince, Hookup (R), Hootie (H) , Spewer (H, Kotters, Ranger Panties), Buble (H), Britney (H), Smoothie (H), McFly (2nd Helping, H), Temp (HH), Grunge (H), Beta, El Blanco (H), The Wreck (H), HammerTime (H), Weedwhacker (H), Leprechaun, Locksmith (R), Jackrabbit (R, WD), Backhoe, The Carpenter (DR from Richmond, VA), Zelda (H), Dr. Seuss, Inferno (H), Duggar, PaceCar
Primary BB author and YHC: JR
Color commentary by Camo in Italics
To the tune of “Straight Outta Compton”:
“Straight Outta Katy
Two Crazy Qs – JR and Camo
From the pax called
Hoggz with Attitude
After I dry dock
I grab a cinder block
Squeeze the trigger
And bears are hauled off…”
Apologies to Ice Cube #SorryNotSorry
Bringing the Katy thang to the Memorial gloom. Camo hauled 784 pounds of #LittleDarlin’s to the AO. #NewShocks.
YHC asked for FNGs. Seeing none, I referred to http://f3nation.com/disclaimer-and-notice/. Admitted Co-Qs are not professionals. F3 workouts are voluntary and free. It’s dark and the ground is uneven. Camo clarified use good form. Modify as needed. #YouAgainstYou Notify the Q of any serious medical conditions. #PushYourselfButDontHurtYourself Aye!
Clear, room-temperature 72 degrees, just enough humidity to keep the PAX wet #DuhItIsHouston
Mosey southeast down Haskell. YHC has never run without 20+ Pax ahead of him. Bizarre to breathe clean air. #100MilesAndRunnin Mumblechatter wakes up some neighborhood dogs. #GangstaGangsta Break up the monotony with side shuffle (R then L), high knees, butt kickers, karaoke (R then L). Climb over the barricade. #IfItAintRuff
Circle up in the pool parking lot for the warmup.
- Imperial Walkers x15 IC
- Grass Grabbers x10 IC
- Windmills x10 IC
- Little baby arm circles x 15 IC
- Reverse Little baby arm circles x 16 IC, keep arms up
- Moroccan Night Club x 17 IC, keep arms up
- Lightbulbs x 20 IC, keep arms up #FeelTheBurn
- Spider Merkins x 10 IC
Camo takes over in the Pool Lot, and lines the Pax along the pipe. #Don’tBeliveTheHype
- Carolina Dry Docks x 10 IC
- Speed lunges 20 each leg OYO
- Incline Merkins on pipe x 10 IC
- Burpees x 10 OYO
(Camo) Had initially planned a little RnR action here, but audibled for time to make sure we had enough for plenty of #BearHuntin’! In retrospect we could have done a second set.
Mosey back to Camo’s sweet Tundra. #CashMoney. The Pax picks up cinder blocks. Nice crowd, more Pax than cinderblocks. #Ruthless
Haul Cinder Blocks to Duggar Memorial Field:
After a short counting tutorial, partner up. #IAin’tThaOne
Block Wheel Barrows: Camo knew this one was new and could be terrible. It was Duggar whp mumblechattered “It looked better on paper”. Partner 1 grabs the block and attempts to wheel barrow using the block as an inefficiently designed wheel. Modification ensued. Wheel barrel to the first conita. Flapjack back to the start. #SomethingLikeThat
(Camo) All kinds of #MidwifeNoises ensued here. Very much enjoyed the relative distances achieved with each block before #Modify occurred. T’claps to Britney*
Partner Work: Partner 1 does Decline Block Merkins while Partner 2 does squat overhead press (Bear) for a partner total count of 50 derkins. #Something2Dance2
(Camo) We’ll do 100 next time, 50 was too easy.
Bear Hunter: Pax starts at the middle conita. Partner 1 (the bear) bear crawls toward the finish. Partner 2 (the hunter) sprints back to the start line. When Partner 2 reaches the starting line, the hunt begins. Sprint to the bear and make the kill. Then hunter carries the bear back to the middle. Flapjack partners and RnR. #CrowdPleaser
Mosey to the Shovel Flags for Mary: JR took back the Q for 10 minutes of Mary
- Alphabet (Q modify: cut short around O)
- LBC x10 IC
- Alphabet (O through Z)
- Freddy Mercury
- Greatest American Hero (Bringing back a Golden Oldie)
- Believe it or not, I’m walkin’ on air
- I never thought I could feel so free
- Flyin’ away on a wing and a prayer
- Who could it be?
- Believe it or not it’s just me
- Mission Impossible / Tom Cruise for 15 seconds (Crowd Pleaser from TheWreck) #ExpressYourself
- Greatest American Hero (Terminal Velocity Style)
#CountORama / #NameORama
28 PAX. T’claps Brothers!
Word of the Day: A little lingo lesson from the lexicon (http://f3nation.com/lexicon/#h):
HATE: Those PAX still in their 30s.
HATE HATE: Those PAX still their 20s.
RESPECT: A PAX who has reached his 50th birthday.
Thanks Inferno for the camerawork!
#BoM (Ball of Man)
TAPs for Infernos M recovery, and Camo, Inferno’s M’s half-Marathon Saturday. JR led prayer for sky Q guidance. #IronSharpensIron #QuietOnThaSet
#Naked Man Moleskin (Camo)
- Loved bringing back the #LittleDarlins for some down-n-dirty fun; it had been too long! #NeedsWereMet
- Many, many #MidwifeNoises heard during the first set of Block Barrows. Even had some PAX who thought they were made of sugar by the way they avoided the water!
- T’claps to Britney who showed us how it’s done during the #BlockBarrows. He straight did a full pull the whole length with the block. #StrongWork
- T’claps to Zelda during the wheel barrow, finished it strong! And, got the pleasure of carrying YHC during the #Bear Hunter!
- T’claps to Lock Smith during the #BearHunter, came in hauling his partner full speed and strong at the end
Spartan Race on May 21;
- When: Sunday, May 21, 2017
- Where: Reveille Peak Ranch|105 CR 114 Burnet, TX 78611
- Event Q: We need a Q for the F3 Houston Pax. #leadershipopp Who wants it?
- Leprechaun, I’m lookin’ at you #SteppinUp #TakingCharge!
- Event:Spartan Sprint (NOT the Super)
- Heat: Sunday Morning, 1115-1200 Heat
- Team Name: F3Texas
- Password: Fish61
GrowRuck 03 – New Orleans June 9-11 combines F3 Grow School with a GoRuck Tough. Details to follow. Have no doubt, this will be a transformative event for the PAX that do it, as well as for F3 Houston and F3 Texas. Get excited!
F3 COMZ. Because we are only working out together 3-4 hours a week, communication between the Pax is a key way to build our Fellowship as a group. #CommunicationIsKey There are multiple ways to stay in touch: Band is the main Comz Channel (download the app), Twitter, Facebook, F3Nation.com.
From JR: Thanks for the opportunity to lead! Appreciate the challenge Camo! #NDaHouse
From Camo: Great VQ JR! Enjoyed it immensely brother! And, thanks to the PAX not only for the opportunity to lead, but for the chance to dig deep in the Crazy bin and test out the #BlockBarrows. We had fun with this one, hope y’all did too!