8 PAX posted at #TheHogg for the 0600 workout. T’Claps to those who made it out this morning!
YHC is not a professional instructor #IPlayOneOnTv. F3 workouts are voluntarily and free of charge. It is important to use good form to complete the exercises, so ask for a demonstration if you need one. Take breaks if/when needed and/or modify exercises if you need to. The goal is to push yourself, but don’t hurt yourself. #YouAgainstYou Notify the Q of any serious medical conditions.
48° with a slight breeze #winterinhouston but at least it wasn’t wet!
- Side Straddle Hops x 20 IC (40 total)
- Slow Squat x 10
- Windmill x 10 IC
Mosey out towards ECR and made a right turn onto the loop.
We started with some basic moves:
- Side shuffles (right/left)
- Butt Kickers
- High Knees
Once we got to the tree in the trail, we moved on to single file Indian run. We kept this up until we made it to the Memorial Park Speedway ~0.6 miles
This is were the real fun began #HIIM
HIIM (High Intensity Interval Mile)
- Sprint the straights on the track ~80yards (or at least half the straight #40YardDash) and then transition to a run to finish out the straight #PushYurself #NoSlacking #Itsucked
- Immediately after sprinting drop and complete 10 Merkins and 20 Side Straddle Hops OYO
- Recovery walk around the curve of the track, until you hit the beginning of the straight, and Rinse and Repeat.
- 5 Laps total
- 10 Sprints
- 100 Merkins
- 200 Side Straddle Hops
- 1.0 mile total
Recovery victory lap to cool down the PAX before heading back to ECR #WalkItOut
Mosey Back onto ECR to head back to the Shovel Flags.
- Double Applesauce Indian run on the way back (~0.6 miles)
Circle up around the Shovel Flags for a stretch and cool down
- Slow Windmills (Abe Vigoda) x 10 IC
- Grass Grabbers x 10 IC
8 PAX, 1 FNG (Big Wheel)
- 1 FNG. Welcome Big Wheel! He loved it so much he had his #SecondHelpings on the same day!!
- Shout out to Cruiser for the EH #ProudPapa #Literally.
- Brothers, we have great momentum getting FNGs out! Keep up the strong Emotional Headlocking work! #GiveTheGiftYouHaveBeenGiven Always Be Headlocking #ABH
Ball of Man
Circle of Trust, Ball of Man and Thoughts and Prayers
- Prayer requests go out to Cruiser’s sister Sharron who has had Bronchitis for the last 3 moths. We hope she gets better so she can come visit. Also, Big Wheel’s Wife Jessica has Thyroid cancer and receives test results on Tuesday. Make sure to keep them in your thoughts and prayers.
- Reminder announcements made about 5k Race for Colorectal Cancer, the Spartan Race and F3 gear order deadline. (more info on both below)
- Solid 0600 workout that targeted some unintentional muscle groups #GroinPain
- Highlights from the Gloom.
- For those keeping track at home we did roughly 2.2 miles (Forgot to start my watch #QFail)
- Spartan Race. Please sign up for the first official F3 Texas(Houston, Dallas and San Antonio Pax) #CSAUP Quick summary, expect 4-5 miles with 20-23 obstacles, and lots of burpees. See link for more details on the race: https://www.spartan.com/en/race/detail/1880/overview?filter=sprint Key info:
- When: Sunday, May 21, 2017
- Where: Reveille Peak Ranch|105 CR 114 Burnet, TX 78611
- Event Q:We need one for the F3 Houston Pax. #leadership opportunity. Who wants it?
- Registration Info:
- Event:Spartan Sprint (NOT the Super)
- Heat: Sunday Morning, 1115-1200 Heat
- Team Name: F3Texas
- Password: Fish61
- Why:#CSAUP Races are signature events for the F3 Nation. The Spartan Race is a excellent chance to test your Fitness, growth in Fellowship and deepen your Faith (believe me, you will be praying during the race…) Ask any Pax who has done one, and they will tell you that #CSAUP events are their favorite F3 activity!!! #seeforyourself
- SCOPE 5K: Run for Colorectal Cancer. This is the next F3 Houston #CSAUP event. Pace Car and Cruiser are the Event Q’s. Colorectal cancer is bad news and especially prevalent in men. The plan if for an F3 workout before the run starts, and then crush the race. Some details are still being finalized, but here is what we have so far. See link for more details on the race:https://thedriven.net/event.race_reg/eid/7514234679?
- When: Saturday, March 25, 2017
- Where: Texas Medical Center, 1220 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX
- Start Time: 0800
- Event Q:Pace Car and Cruiser #Tclaps
- Registration Info: https://thedriven.net/event.race_reg/eid/7514234679?
- Team Name: F3 Nation (Make sure you register under our team)
- Donations: Pace Car and Cruiser are accepting donations. The goal is to reach $1000 to obtain Silver Level Sponsorship, which will put the F3 logo on the back of the race shirt.
- @F3_250.What the heck is this?!? Well, it is a challenge to the Pax to make a personal commitment to working out 250 times in 2017. F3 workouts count, as well as any 30+ minutes exercise sessioin you complete (yes, even with your M if you can last that long!?!). T’claps to Duggar who just completed the #F3twofiddy challenge this week. The Bishop, Britney, Cruiser and Duggar Hard Commits #HC for 2017. Time for YOU to step up for your own @F3_250 #accountability
- F3 COMZ. Because we are only working out together 3-4 hours a week, communication between the Pax is a key way to build our Fellowship as a group. #CommunicationIsKey There are multiple ways to stay in touch:
- Twitter. YHC highly encourages the PAX to get on Twitter. It’s not a scary as it sounds, and it’s a great source of real-time updates, #MumbleChatter and hilarious (and occassionally horrifying!?!) images from the PAX. If YHC can do it, then trust me that anyone can. Suggested Twitter handle: @F3[F3name].
- f3nation.com. This is the key resource for all things F3, but especially for the Backblasts, a written account of a Workout or Event that the Q Posts to a public forum. You can find the #BBs for F3 HOU here: http://f3nation.com/locations/houston-tx/
- Facebook. F3 Houston has both public and private pages (Duggar can get you access to the latter). It is a great place to look at pics and videos from our workouts.
- Word of the day – WAR BABY: The youngest man at an Event.#informative