13 PAX including 2 FNG’s posted for the Inaugural Monday AO @ The General and YHC’s VQ.
YHC is not a professional. This is a free workout. You’re here under your own free will. Push yourself, but don’t hurt yourself. If you have a medical condition, talk to Weedwacker. Let’s do this.
About 70F, 80% humidity. A Houston Spring morning at its finest.
Mosey to the South End of The General Parking Lot.
- Side Straddle Hops x 20 IC (Initial Q Fail)
- Windmills x 10 IC
- Imperial Walkers x 11 IC (2nd Q Fail)
- Grass Grabbers (AKA Picking Cotton) x 10 IC (3rd and hopefully, but not likely, final Q Fail)
- Merkins x 10 IC
Following YHC’s VQ Warmup, which had him only slightly nervous (hands were a wee bit shaky) and gave way to some substantial mumble chatter, The PAX moseyed back to the North end of the parking lot under the four basketball hoops for some Four Corners. Borrowed and adopted from our brothers in the Carolinas, this is a shout out to the late, great Dean Smith. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_corners_offense)
PAX count off in 1’s & 2’s and as a team, head to a Corner of their liking. Three sets of Four Corners, with an increase in reps on each set, running from Corner to Corner, finishing back at your starting point and planking it up for the Six.
Corner 1 – Burpees – 5, 10, 15
Corner 2 – Merkins – 10, 15, 20
Corner 3 – Squats – 15, 20, 25
Corner 4 – LBC – 20, 25, 30
Following Four Corners, the Monday Morning Mumble Chatter had changed from Q Fail cat calls to some heavy panting, so YHC felt as though perhaps he were on the right track. The fun continued as it was time to further darken some of the lovely white shirts that a few of The PAX were sporting. The PAX gathered on the baseline (under the Lamp Post) with their partners for a DORA.
- Partner 1 lunges from the baseline to the second light pole, then runs back. Partner 2 starts the 100 Low Flutters. Plank it up for the six.
- Partner 1 runs to the flags & back. Partner 2 starts the 50 Star Jumps. Plank it up for the six.
- Partner 1 runs to the flags & back. Partner 2 starts the 80 Wide Armed Merkins. On your six for six inches (low flutter if you want EC).
- Partner 1 runs to the flags & back. Partner 2 starts the 200 Freddie Mercury’s. On your six for six inches (low flutter if you want EC).
Back to the baseline for a Bear Crawl to the flag, which transitioned to a Jail Break to the Flag approximately 4 parking stripes in…
13 PAX – starting off strong at The General on Monday! A great showing for a Monday and including 2 FNG’s. Well done on the EH’ing, Jack Rabbit.
- Vlasic – Mike Needham, the man sells pickles and fishsticks, hence the F3 Name. From Cow Town, (Ft. Worth), we are happy to have him.
- Chicken Ranch – Chris Mooney, the Gordon Gecko of Cell Phone Towers. Fun Fact – The man bought his own fraternity house, then later booted the younger frat bros and replaced them with 14 Sorority girls. I am sure that was 100% a credit decision.
Welcome, now come back and post again, brothers. Aye!
Ball of Man
Circle of Trust, Ball of Man and Thoughts and Prayers
- It is Holy Week and Busy Season for Accountants and priests alike, please keep Whiskey’s staff and team in your TAPS.
- GrowRuck 03 –New Orleans June 9-11 combines F3 Grow School with a GoRuck Tough. If you’re sitting on the fence about this event, sign up today. This is a custom GoRuck event, which has been specifically designed for F3 to help reinforce the Leadership Development training that the PAX will be exposed to over the course of the GR03. As a FenceSitter, you will have nothing but regret for a long time to come, as the PAX that do participate come back and retell story after story of this transformative experience. So, don’t miss out – sign up! http://bit.ly/2nWxT5H
- Spartan Race. Austin – May 21Please sign up for the first official F3 Texas(Houston, Dallas and San Antonio Pax) #CSAUP Quick summary, expect 4-5 miles with 20-23 obstacles, and lots of burpees. See link for more details on the race: http://sprtn.im/2oQwa5n
- Word of the day –3S2T: The goal of the King: Strength, Speed, Stamina, Toughness (physical) and Toughness (mental)..
Thank you all for the support in my VQ. My next Q will be en Espanol, so that we can keep the mumble chatter to a minimum.