PAX guru Duggar came up with the idea of an Easter Egg hunt for this workout. After thanking Duggar for the “Great Idea” my feeble old mind went to work (which means I got stuck). The “M” to the rescue> Raid the grandkids toy chest and everything you need is in there. Bunny ears, plastic Easter Eggs and a paper Easter Bag. I filled the eggs with exercises and decided this was a good morning for some impromptu “Q” training. Let the Mumblechatter begin. The PAX ran around The Hogg led by YHC Peter Cotton Tail. Many a bystander stopped and stared at us, especially doing Monkey Humpers along the jogging trail led by an old man (RR) with Bunny Ears. Surprise guest appearance by our good friend “The Bishop” whose name was raised up in TAP’s at the 6-7 w/o. Great to see him this morning, it lifted everyone up.
8 PAX rolled out of the fartsack for some early Easter goodies. Let the fun begin.
YHC is not a professional, pretty easy to tell wearing Bunny Ears. This is a free workout, you’re here of your own free will. Push yourself, but don’t hurt yourself (especially laughing at the guy in the Bunny Ears). If you have a medical condition let someone know. Let’s Mosey.
About 68 degrees, 90% humidity.
Circle up around the flag.
- Side Straddle Hops x 20 IC
- Abe Vigoda x 10 IC
- Copperhead Squats x 20 IC
- Grass Grabbers x 10 IC
- Merkins x 10 IC
Following Warmup, the PAX moseyed over to the pool/playground area for a Semi-Circle of Pain. Each PAX came over to the Peter Cotton Tails bag of goodies, opened the egg and led the PAX in the next exercise. Eggs, chosen at random, Q could modify the count or the cadence to his choosing.
- Merkins x 20 IC
- Al Gore x 20 seconds Q modify OK
- Burpee x 10 OYO
- Freddie Mercury x 20 IC
- American Hammer x 20 IC
- Bobby Hurley x 20 IC
- Plank Jacks x 20 IC
- Mountain Climbers x 20 IC
- Dying Cockroach x 20 IC
- LBC’s x 20 IC
- The Dip x 20 IC
Mosey over to Memorial Loop for some Rinse and Repeat of the above alongside the running trail. Busy morning, lots of traffic, plenty of chances to EH while gawkers slowed to eye the #OldManStrong in Bunny Ears.
Mosey back to the shovel flag for an assortment of plank positions followed by
- LBAC’s x 10 (forward and reverse) IC
- Light Bulbs x 10 IC
- Jack Webbs x 10 IC
- Moroccan Night Club x 10 IC *Keeping the arms UP the entire time for all the above* #BurnBabyBurn
8 PAX – No FNG’s.
Ball of Man
Circle of Trust, Ball of Man and Thoughts and Prayers
- Cowboys lost a good friend this week, keeping him and his family in TAP’s. Pace Car lifted up the young man that had brain surgery, out of ICU but still on the vent. Keeping him in our prayers.
- Spartan Race. Austin – May 21Please sign up for the first official F3 Texas(Houston, Dallas and San Antonio Pax) #CSAUP Quick summary, expect 4-5 miles with 20-23 obstacles, and lots of burpees. See link for more details on the race: http://sprtn.im/2oQwa5n
- GrowRuck 03 –New Orleans June 9-11
- combines F3 Grow School with a GoRuck Tough. If you’re sitting on the fence about this event, sign up today. This is a custom GoRuck event, which has been specifically designed for F3 to help reinforce the Leadership Development training that the PAX will be exposed to over the course of the GR03. As a FenceSitter, you will have nothing but regret for a long time to come, as the PAX that do participate come back and retell story after story of this transformative experience. So, don’t miss out – sign up! http://bit.ly/2nWxT5H4