- When: 08/24/17
- QIC: Leprechaun
- The PAX: Camo, Guitar Hero, Brexit, H-Bomb, Fire & Ice, JR Ewing, Purple Rain, Locksmith, Gemini, Fresh Prince, CC, Snow Bird, Haggis, Britney, Bullseye, Cruiser, Spike, Hammer Time, Scalpel, Borat, Backhoe, Inferno, Beta
24 PAX posted ITG #TheHogg. Second-Helping of sorts for Spike, who was named Tuesday when he joined for COT. Welcome, Spike, and strong work today. Mixing it up this morning, we had a String of Pearls with the #LilDarlins. At the risk of seeming inappropriate, I’ve included a soundtrack for this back blast; I hope you can rock out with your phone out.
Glorious!! 80 F and 80 RH.
YHC is not a professional. F3 workouts are voluntary and FREE – you are here voluntarily #YouAgainstYou. Modify as needed. Notify the Q or rest of Pax of any serious medical conditions #PushYourselfButDontHurtYourself.
Warm Up / COP
Grab a coupon #LilDarlin and mosey across the El Camino Real (ECR) for:
- SSH x24 IC
- Moroccan Nightclub x24 IC
- Copperhead Squat x30
- Incline 6-count Merkins x10
Mosey to Bushwood CC parking lot
- #LilDarlin kettle bell swings x25 in civilian cadence
Mosey to driving range, drop the coupons, and cross the Bridge of Death for:
- 3-minute SLAM: 50 Speed Lunges each leg, 50 Merkins, 25 Aussie Merkins. Only heard 1 “WoooOOOooo” – T’Claps, Britney. The PAX pushed themselves on this one.
- The last of the day’s #mumblechatter
Grab your #LilDarlin and mosey across the ECR to the bleachers for:
- #LilDarlin kettle bell swings x25 OYO
Grab your #LilDarlin and mosey past the bleachers and around the kickball field, stopping just shy of the Bridge to Nowhere for:
- #LilDarlin kettle bell swings x25 OYO
Grab your #LilDarlin and mosey across the Bridge to Nowhere to gather the PAX at the back of St. Theresa’s lot for a #LilDarlin Jailbreak. T’Claps to Camo; he finished first and you’d a thought he was eloping with his #LilDarlin.
Partner Work – 3 rounds:
- Partner 1 is on the wall, Partner 2 sprints to the end of the parking lot and back. Flapjack.
- Exercises: #LilDarlin Wonder Bra (push up and push out), People’s Chair, Wonder Bra
With coupon, mosey to the playground around front and incline plank to gather the PAX. Mosey to Shovel Flags for one last chance to get past 3rd base.
Partner Work – Farmer’s Carry:
- Partner 1: LBCs AMRAP, Partner 2 carries two coupons around the trashcan, picnic table, and swings back to the Shovel Flags. Flapjack.
CountORama and NameORama
24 PAX and FNG/2H Spike.
- Scalpel: his daughter finished training Air Force ROTC 4th in her class and will be commissioned next summer. (Scalpel, sorry if my details are off)
- Cruiser: SIL Vicki having breast cancer surgery
- Inferno: Old friend has testicular cancer. Be aware of your body, and remember the doctor has a worse deal than you.
- Guitar Hero: stopped on his run last night to help a family push their van over a bridge and to a gas station. GH thanked F3 for putting him in the right frame of mind to help.
YHC was consistently inspired today by the resilience of the PAX. I would’ve hated this workout (in a good way) if not leading it. Seeing everyone sack up and push through motivated me. One thing I re-learned and hope is instructive for new Qs is that the String of Pearls is a good format to keep the PAX together, whether you have a lot of PAX like we did today, or a wide variety of fitness levels.
Camo, that is the last time you ever beat me in a running event.
Find time to visit #TheTrinity to keep giving it away.
Convergence is a month away. Flood waters at Eleanor Tinsley Park should recede by then.
Upcoming Area of Operations (AOs):
- Boerne – Sep 16th
- Launch-Q : Hannibal in San Antonio
- Get with The Bishop for details
- Katy – Oct 7th
- Launch-Q : Camo
- Austin – Oct 28th
- Launch in the AM / Capital Ruck Tour in the PM
- Humble/Kingwood/Atascocita area – End 2017
- Launch-Q : Cruiser
- Sugar Land – Early 2018
- Launch-Q : Inferno
Start EH’ing your friends and family for these upcoming AOs!!
Get with the above AO-Qs if you are available to help support these AOs.
For those few of you who have not yet signed on – get onto BAND today, either via smartphone app (links here: apple / android), or via the website. This is our new preferredComz Channel going forward – download it and join the band called “F3 Houston” to get all the info on F3 Houston. Here is where you can learn who are the upcoming Qs, sign up yourself to be the Q, read our Backblasts for each WO, learn details of our next CSAUPs, and as usual, make fun of the guys in the Pax in general with some good ol’ Mumble Chatter.