17 Pax took their #DRP and posted in #TheGloom. Hard to follow the Sally/Dora #beatdown, but YHC did his best to deliver another fully satisfying #downpainment
- YHC is not a professional instructor #clipboarder. F3 workouts are voluntarily and free of charge. It is important to use good form to complete the exercises, so take a break, ask for a demonstration and/or modify if you need to. Push yourself, but don’t hurt yourself. #youagainstyou Notify the Q of any serious medical conditions. Aye!
- Once again, we had a balmy 72° and partly cloudy with 89% humidity. Significant #sweat was produced…
- Mosey through the Garden of Tranquility (GOT) and cross the street to the entrance to Bushwood Country Club (BCC). Hang a right on El Camino Real (ECR) to the Fun Deck.
- On the ECR, alternate running with Backpeddle, Side Shuffle, Karaoke L/R
- Party on the FUN Deck
- Up and Overs x 10 each L & R, upon completing the up and over run to the Fun Deck exit and back to your starting spot for the next rep
- Dips x 15 IC
- Knee Ups x 15 IC
- Derkins x 10 IC
- Step Ups x 15 each leg OYO
- Rinse-n-Repeat x 3 #goodliving
- Indian Run on the ECR back the way we came to BCC entrance
- At BCC, turn left and mosey through the GOT. Enjoy that #peacefuleasyfeeling “The kind (you get when you have a Q) that won’t let you down.” Bonus points for naming the artist
- Keep moseying through the GOT to No Mercy Street and stop at Curby Drive for Dominoes #delivers
- Round 1. The entire Pax starts in Right Arm High Plank position with left hand on #curby. First Pax moves to regular Plank completes one Merkin then maintains Regular Plank. Second Pax completes the same sequence, and so on down the line.
- At the end of the line, the last Pax, after completing the first sequence, begins holding regular Plank, completes one Merkin then moves to Left Arm High Plank. The Pax to his R Second Pax completes the same sequence, and so on down the line.
- At the end of the line, the last Pax, after completing the first sequence, begins holding regular Plank, completes one Merkin then maintains Regular Plank. The Pax to his R Second Pax completes the same sequence, and so on down the line. Recover
- Mosey over to the Shovel Flag and partner up
- Partner 1 starts at the swing set. Completes Swerkins x 10 OYO. Swerkins start with feet in the Swing in Plack position. The Pax then completes a Merkin followed by a Knee Crunch. After completing all reps, Partner 1 runs back to relieve Partner 2.
- Partner 2 starts by the Shovel Flag does LBCs AMREP until Partner 1 returns. Partner 2 runs to the swing set for Swerkins x 10 OYO.
- Rinse-n-repeat x 3
- Plank-o-rama waiting for the 6
- Gather around the Shovel Flag for COT
- 17 men – a new Thursday record turnout. Aye!
- #SecondHelpings #2Baggers (New F3 Lexicon: Pax who return for their 2nd workout, indicating a level of commitment): Hurricane (David Humphreys), Whiskey (Patrick Miller) and Grunge (Brent Grundberg). Great to have you back out with us – look forward to seeing you again! #noonenightstands
BoM (Ball of Man)
- Bublé, Cruiser and Whiskey asked for Thoughts and Prayers (TAPs) for their respective family and friends #staystrong
- T’claps to the Pax on a great workout today. Over the past month, we have visited the Fun Deck a number of times, but it hadn’t really been the focus of a workout. Well… that changed today!!! It was a total body workout circuit of 5 exercises – core (both sides!!!), chest, arms and legs, while keeping the hear rate high with the circling between Up/Overs and Step Ups. We did some more core and chest work with the Dominoes and the partner work a the end. Put it all together and you have the recipe for a #beatdown.
- For those keeping score at home, we ran 1.4 miles and burned 700 calories
- Lots of comments this AM about the physical aftermath of Sally and Dora tag-teaming the Pax. So much for that 2 girl fantasy… Quote from a Pax member: “Dude I’m hurting in places I didn’t know I had muscles…. could just be bruised fat.” #proudQ
- Sightseeing on the FUN Deck. One of the nice things about our little party on the Fun Deck was the sightseeing. The Pax caught the attention of more than a few passing #Tomatoes (attractive ladies).
- Double Down Opportunity this Saturday. There are a several Pax that need to leave early on Saturday, but have expressed interest in starting early. Duggar has agreed to Q a pre-Hogg workout for this group launching at 0620. This presents other Pax with an opportunity to #doubledown Think an hour workout is great, just wait until you exprience a 1:40 workout. Who is up for the challenge?!? #gauntletthrown
- Welcome Mat. Bell Ding (so named because he is an Elementary School Principal) from F3 Columbia dropped in on The Hogg this morning. In a bit of serendipitous good fortune, Bishop was doing some pre-workout scouting and found him over by the Green Monster. Welcome Brother! We were glad to have you. Hope you can make the Double Down on Saturday.
- Just a reminder to the rest of the Pax to look for F3 locations to drop in on when you travel
- It appears Fireball was aptly named, as he came in #HOT right at 0530
- On Saturday, we plan to #flythecolors again, F3 Nation style (think White Stripes, Seven Nation Army rock anthem), AYE!!! Duggar and I have collected our extra F3 shirts (10 or so) for the Pax to wear. Given all of the attention we are getting at Memorial Park, it is like #EH advertising. Which brings us to the next point… #buyyourownswag
- Also, I need my F3 Indy shirt back.
- F3 Apparel. T’claps to the Pax who are already sporting their own F3 logo gear. For the rest of you, I quote Cramer on Mad Money – “Buy, Buy, Buy!” The Official Gear Store of F3 Nation is Mud Gear (www.f3.mudgear.com). An F3 Houston shirt is in the works. Until then, however, check out Mud Gear and grab some swag.
- Word of the Day (WOD): DAILY RED PILL (or DRP): “A Pax members’ daily commitment to Accelerate His Fitness, Fellowship and Faith.” (Thanks for taking your #DRP and posting today!)
- The F3 lexicon provides the Pax with our own language that uniquely conveys and captures much of what we do and believe in F3. It seems trivial, but the language helps connect us and it enriches our fellowship. As a result, we decided to add a WOD to our backlasts. Take some time to check it out. (http://www.f3nation.com/lexicon/)
Aye! The Bishop