- When: 11/04/17
- QIC: Britney
- The PAX: Leprechaun, Bullseye (R), Morpheus (HHH), Tater, Forrest Gump (FNG), KFC, Inferno, Neo, Brando (HHH), Knobb Creek, Sea Bass (FNG), Hitchcock (HHH), Choo Choo, Britney (QIC)
14 PAX became strong men at The Kingdom this AM with something YHC likes to call “One if by Land, Two if by Sea” in an ode to Paul Revere’s Ride. Why? This was YHC’s first venture out west to the foreign land of Katy and VQ at The Kingdom. YHC thinks he made a memorable impression as we said hello to 2 FNGs (Forrest Gump and Sea Bass) and goodbye to our very own Morpheus who’s about to make his family and his country proud in the Army. Read on to find out what memories are made of …
Warm + moist. Got much moister, darker and foggier as the morning developed. Perfect for sweat.
YHC is not a professional instructor #IPlayOneOnTV. F3 workouts are voluntary and free of charge #YouAgainstYou. Modify as needed. Notify the Q of any serious medical conditions #PushYourselfButDontHurtYourself. Aye!
Warm-Up in front of the Shovel Flags
- 20x SSHs, IC
- 10x Abe Vigodas, IC
- 10x Grass Grabbers, IC
- 20x Tin Soldiers, CC
- 5x Burpees, OYO #foreshadowing
- 10x Monkey Humpers, CC #foreshadowing #YHCfavorite
- Merkin / Core Cycle
- 10x Merkins, CC
- 20x Flutter Kicks, IC
- 10x Wide-Arm Merkins (Werkins), CC
- 20x Oblique Sit-Ups (right), IC
- 10x Spider Merkins, CC
- 20x Oblique Sit-Ups (left), IC
- 10x Diamond Merkins, CC
- 20x LBCs, IC
- 10x Carolina Dry Docks, CC
- 20x Rosalita, IC
With warm-up done, let’s get started with a light jog…
- Double Applesauce Indian Run around to NW corner of Church, plank for the six
- Jailbreak across west side of Church
- Double Applesauce mosey across south side of Church with some buttkickers, high knees, SSR, SSL between speed bumps
- Mosey back to Shovel Flags
Line up on the first parking lot line in front of the SFs facing the Church
One if by Land, Two if by Sea:
- Bear Crawl to first line
- 1x Burpee #OneIfByLand
- Crab Walk back to starting line
- 2x Monkey Humpers #TwoIfBySea
- RnR x7, going to further line and increasing reps by 1x Burpee / 2x Monkey Humpers each round
- Should result in 55x Burpees and 110x Monkey Humpers and plenty o’ pain when done
- Couple audibles for 10-counts thrown in to keep the PAX together
Mosey over to the Rennie Park playground. Now it’s time to sweat.
- 5x Pull-Ups (partner assist as needed, plank if not on the bars)
- Run full lap around park
- 5x Pull-Ups, 10x Merkins
- Run shorter lap around park (faster pace)
- 5x Pull-Ups, 10x Merkins, 30x Squats
- Run shorter lap around park (faster pace)
- 5x Pull-Ups, 10x Merkins, 10x Squats, 40x LBCs
Mosey back to the SFs for CoT
CountORama and NameORama
14 PAX, 2 FNGs. Welcome to Forrest Gump (fka Randy Smith) and Sea Bass (fka Ken Johnson). Thank you to proud papas Tater (Forrest Gump) and Knobb Creek (Sea Bass) for giving the gift that is F3 to these men. Always be headlockin’! #ABH
TAPs were offered for KFC‘s daughter Ava, Cruiser‘s family, and Neo (proud papa) and Brando (brother) of Morpheus, who posted for the last time as a civilian at The Kingdom this fine Saturday. Thanks to Leprechaun for taking us out.
YHC is proud to have provided Morpheus’ final BD as a “free man”. He is now at Fort Benning in the beautifully humid Deep South to make his family and country proud as a member of the U.S. Army. We’re all looking forward to having Morpheus return in December once the Army kicks his butt into shape.
This was YHC’s first Q in quite a while (Kotter Q), after being on IR for some time. Admittedly, YHC was a bit nervous that he wouldn’t be able to hop right back into the saddle for a properly organized BD. But YHC surprised himself. A VQ is a special thing, and it always takes some courage to stand up in front of a group of mumble-chattering PAX for the first time, attempting to deliver a memorable BD. YHC didn’t realize that a Kotter Q would feel much the same. But, as many of the newer PAX have demonstrated recently, you just gotta get up there and do it. Put your name on the sign-up sheet on Band, forcing yourself to plan a WO. It’s not as hard as it sounds, and any of the other PAX will gladly step in to co-Q or advise as you plan. Luckily, YHC was able to shake the cobwebs off pretty quick, and the delivery of pain came without any notable problems. YHC looks forward to his next international adventure to The Kingdom, or wherever his passport may take him. Aye!
*November Burpee Challenge* > 20 burpees + the day = Nov 1st 21 Burpees, Nov 2nd 22 Burpees = 1,065 Burpees for the month of November. Keep track on Band. Push yourself.
*Holiday F3 Swag Orders* > Keep an eye out on Band. YHC will notify the PAX when orders are open for 2 shirt designs (original F3 Houston + The Hogg) for delivery in time for Christmas (or other year-end holidays).
*Thirsty Third Thursday* Location TBD > Nov 16th – Our TTT Q Jack Rabbit is working on it.
For those few of you who have not yet signed on – get onto BAND today, either via smartphone app (links here: apple / android), or via the website. This is our new preferred Comz Channel going forward – download it and join the band called “F3 Houston” to get all the info on F3 Houston. Here is where you can learn who are the upcoming Qs, sign up yourself to be the Q, read our Backblasts for each WO, learn details of our next CSAUPs, and as usual, make fun of the guys in the Pax in general with some good ol’ Mumble Chatter.