16 PAX posted at #TheHogg for an up-and-down and top-to-bottom low-impact beat down (for the high impact man!). Hmmm, sounds like a tagline for a new cologne, eau de burpees.
YHC is not a professional instructor. F3 workouts are voluntarily and free of charge. Modify as needed. #YouAgainstYou. Push yourself but don’t hurt yourself. Notify the Q of any serious medical conditions. Aye!
Glorious! 67 degrees, muggy.
Mosey to St Theresa’s back lot. Along the way high knees, butt kickers, side shuffle (L/R), carioke (L/R), back peddle.
Circle of Pain / The Thang
Putting the P back in the COP. All told, 19 exercises (left and right as two) with burpees after each one. We started and finished with Side Straddle Hops (x71 IC + x29 IC), getting to 100 IC. Burpee sequence: 9 down to 1, and then 1 up to 10. That’s 100 burpees total.
- In between the SSHs, x20 IC: Lightbulbs, Ray Lewis, LBACs, Moroccan Nightclub, Iron Cross Merkins, Low Flutter, Dolly, High Flutter, Rosalita, Freddy Mercury, LBCs, Half Bridges, side leg raises (L/R), Speed Lunge (L/R), and Prisoner’s Squat (start with the top body parts and worked our way down)
Q-mods on Iron Cross Merkins (x11 IC) and Speed Lunges (x10 IC).
Shout out to Hammer Time for smiling all the way through 71 IC SSHs. You get a cute Easter Bunny sticker for your lunchbox. Good work to all the PAX, and thanks for hanging in there and pushing through. We had a good mix of midwife noises and mumble chatter this morning, of course with Buble’s dulcet tones rising above the fracas.
Animal Walk-o-rama OYO along the side of St. Teresa’s (most of the way until the Q gave out), and then mosey back to the Shovel Flags.
CountORama and NameORama:
16 PAX, 0 FNGs.
- Extra Credit hill work at Hermann Park Friday morning at 0530.
- Spartan Race June 21. Gonna be fun – if you haven’t signed up, HC now!
- GrowRuck June 9-11. Plenty of time left to train, let’s get the HC count up!
- Cruiser has a hookup for rucking plates.
- Need a Q for Saturday 0600 at The Hogg.
- Beta’s daughter
- The Bishop
- Safe travels to those heading DR for the long Easter weekend
Thanks to Camo for taking us out.
YHC’s legs got smoked at Hammer Time’s VQ, and were feeling Duggar’s Wednesday beat down. Pre-workout chatter indicated that YHC was not alone. So we mixed up the usual workout format with a hearty COP. Hope you enjoyed the “predictability and unpredictability”.
Note to future Qs: (a) Brittany is great at counting exercises, but don’t ask him for a 10-count if you need to catch your breath – YHC should know this by now; and, (b) this would be a great workout on Saturday, when there would be time to get in BTTW and Pull-Ups to complete the full body beat down. #justsayin’
Great effort from the Respect and Respect Respect PAX – you inspired me to keep pushing all the way through. 100 burpees are no joke and YHC needed the inspiration to keep going. At about 5 burpees on the way back up I contemplated a Q-modification.
Beta, no need to bring a dictionary next workout:
- pertaining to, containing, or consisting of semen.
- Botany. of or relating to seed.
- having possibilities of future development.
- highly original and influencing the development of future events: a seminal artist; seminal ideas.
Spartan Race. The first official F3 Texas (Houston, Dallas and San Antonio PAX) #CSAUP convergence. Quick summary, expect 4-5 miles with 20-23 obstacles, and lots of burpees. See link for more details: https://www.spartan.com/en/race/detail/1880/overview?filter=sprint
Key info / How to sign up:
- When: Sunday, May 21, 2017
- Where: Reveille Peak Ranch|105 CR 114 Burnet, TX 78611
- Event Q:We need one for the F3 Houston PAX. #leadership opportunity. Who wants it?
- Registration Info:
- Event:Spartan Sprint (NOT the Super)
- Heat: Sunday Morning, 1115-1200 Heat
- Team Name: F3Texas
- Password: Fish61
- GrowRuck 03 – New Orleans June 9-11combines F3 Grow School with a GoRuck Tough. You don’t want to miss this! If you’re sitting on the fence about this event, sign up today. This is a custom GoRuck event, which has been specifically designed for F3 to help reinforce the Leadership Development training that the PAX will be exposed to over the course of the GR03. As a FenceSitter, you will have nothing but regret for a long time to come, as the PAX that do participate come back and retell story after story of this transformative experience. So, don’t miss out – sign up! http://bit.ly/2nWxT5H
MIDWIFE NOISES: Groaning, moaning and other verbal utterances heard during a Workout when the Q turns the Beat Down up to eleven. http://f3nation.com/lexicon/
Thank you for the opportunity to lead.