- When: 08/15/17
- QIC: Camo
- The PAX: Hookup (R), Locksmith (R,K), Wolverino, Hammer Time, Buble, Leprechaun, Pace Car, Fresh Prince, Shoog, The Wreck, Rose Bowl, CC, Tulip (DR), Triple Threat, 2 Dinners, Snoop Dogg, Gemini, Cliche, Zelda (K), Gingerwood, Backhoe, Jackrabbit (R), JR Ewing, Neo, Longfellow (HH), Morpheus (HHH), Scalpel, Peekaboo, Beta, Britney, Purple Rain (HH), Inferno, Borat (FNG) Camo (QIC)
A record 34 PAX posted at #TheHogg after promises of Mucho ‘Merkins and a ‘Merica-style beat down. The goal of YHC was to make a strong deposit into the bank of pain towards improved F3 Houston APFT scores through lots of Merkin reps, some quick-pace running, and some BBSU’s. Was this goal achieved? Read on…..
79 degrees, slightly drier than as of late
YHC is not a professional. F3 workouts are free and voluntary – you are here of your own free will. Push yourself but don’t hurt yourself. #YouAgainstYou. Modify as needed. Today we will work on our #3S2T, push past your comfort zones. Aye!
Mosey counter flow to the pool lot. Watch the uneve…..crap! Shoog found the raised concrete for us, nice recovery bro.
- SSH x25 IC, Increasing
- Carolina Dry Dock (CDD) x10 IC
- Copperhead Merkin x10 IC
- Copperhead Squat x10 IC
- Al Gore x 15 count IC
- Abe Vigoda (Brisket style) x 8 IC
Count off 1-2 for a Modified Dora:
- CDD x 50
- Decline Merkin (Derkin) x100 IC
- Merkin x150 IC
You-call-it animal walk to halfway point after each round. Recommend Bear Crawl for first round.
Grab some hydration, Plank it up while waiting for the six.
- Partner Wheel Barrow to parking lot mid point, switch (MANY babies born at this point)
DAS Indian Run to St. Theresa’s back lot. Q modify to recovery pace about halfway to allow the sizeable six to catch up.
- P1: Squats AMRAP while P2 jogs the inside lap,switch
- P1: Al Gore AMRAP while P2 jogs the inside lap, switch
- P1: Incline Merkin AMRAP on curb while P2 jogs the inside lap, switch
- Light Bulbs while waiting on the six
Mosey to Shovel Flags, jailbreak called near end
- Big Boy Situp Relay: Circle up, PAX does BBS. Once man next to you starts up for his lap, do 5 reps, jump up to run lap. (Q fail on the initial explanation, mass confusion at first)
- Copper Head Merkins x 10 IC, final reps Brisket Style (low and slow)
CountORama and NameORama
34 PAX!! T-claps for a new record brothers! Welcome to new FNG Borat, who was Inbound (found us on his own).
- TAPs for Longfellow as he returns to college. Remember F3!
- Good reminder by Buble to modify as necessary, listen to your body.
- Good reminder by Scalpel to hydrate the night before, then during the WO
- YHC took us out, with Thanks for our fitness and the ability to improve it, TAPs for our Military/First Responders, and the hope that the unifying message of “F3: Welcome to all Men!” might be a bright example in a dark time.
It was both awesome and a bit daunting to lead so many PAX this am. At 34 we were really pushing #ProblematicWorkout status. Thankfully the Q had some help, as many F3 vets set the tone and led by example to the men around them. We intentionally mixed up the veterans with the new guys starting with the COP, lots of encouragement heard throughout. A few notes:
- So good to see some old faces today returning to #TheHogg ITG: Zelda, Locksmith, etc. Welcome back Kotters!
- T’claps to Shoog for taking a hard fall right out of the gate, but recovering immediately and staying in the game
- Thanks to Leprechaun for picking up #2ndSquad for the DAS Indian Run. As brought back from GrowRuck by others, recommend a squad strategy anytime we have a large group.
- T’claps to Hookup, Inferno, Hammer Time, and Leprechaun for turning on the jets during the partner laps. Way to lead by example.
- Many guys gave 110% in the DORA: Woverino was one of them.
- TAPs to Scalpel, who said his leg was not feeling good at one point in the WO. Hope all is well.
- T’claps to JackRabbit who was not going to let IR keep him for getting his DRP. He modified and knocked it out.
- TTT THIS THURSDAY at the Gingerman! Darts tourney to benefit #GivetoGive. Be there!
- Captial Ruck tour the Saturday evening following the Austin launch.
Upcoming Area of Operations (AOs):
- Katy – Oct 7th
- Launch-Q : Camo
- Austin – Oct 28th
- Launch-Q : Hannibal in San Antonio
- Humble/Kingwood/Atascocita area – End 2017
- Launch-Q : Cruiser
- Sugar Land – Early 2018
- Launch-Q : Inferno
Start EH’ing your friends and family for these upcoming AOs!!
Get with the above AO-Qs if you are available to help support these AOs.
For those few of you who have not yet signed on – get onto BAND today, either via smartphone app (links here: apple / android), or via the website. This is our new preferredComz Channel going forward – download it and join the band called “F3 Houston” to get all the info on F3 Houston. Here is where you can learn who are the upcoming Qs, sign up yourself to be the Q, read our Backblasts for each WO, learn details of our next CSAUPs, and as usual, make fun of the guys in the Pax in general with some good ol’ Mumble Chatter.