- When: 11/7/17
- QIC: Camo
- The PAX: Bullseye (R), KFC, JR Ewing, Knob Creek, BOP
Six PAX (0 FNGs) rocked out to some Golden Oldies at the Kingdom. YHC felt like we were doing the new Katy PAX a big disservice by not sharing some of the classics from the early days of F3 Houston. So, let’s dust ’em off and work on our #3S2T while we’re at it.
72 degrees and fairly wet. Isn’t it November?
YHC is not a professional. F3 workouts are free and voluntary. This is your workout, #YouAgainstYou. Modify as needed. Notify the Q or rest of Pax of any serious medical conditions #PushYourselfButDontHurtYourself.
I know, I know. People always look at YHC and expect a majority-running workout based on my build. Up until now I’ve tried to not give in to the type casting and provide more muscle-centric Qs but this morning YHC decided to just give the PAX what they want and fit into the mold. When you think Camo you just think “runner!”
Start things off with a laughably-short 20 yd mosey from the parking area (just to throw the PAX off the scent).
- SSH x30 IC
- Grass Grabbers x10 IC
- Abe Vigodas brisket style x 6 IC (Stretch those hammies boys!)
Time to #GetAfterIt. Line up single column for the first classic tune, a little number called the Black Snake to the NW corner of the church. In the Immortal Words of Jerry Reed “Put that hammer down and give ‘er hell.” JR Ewing was zooming through the turns, and Bullseye was moving at his only speed, which is quick. But then, the snake kept going! Think we went two full rounds through the PAX.
Station 1: Arm-o-Rama
- BAC Forward x 30 IC
- BAC Reverse x 30 IC
- Moroccan Night Club x 30 IC (Embrace the burn!)
- Lightbulbs x 30 IC (Hello Midwife Noises)
Recover for another Black Snake around to the SE side of the church. Sightly less chatter and enthusiastic acceleration this time. Plank for the Six. Head to the Hall of Honor for:
Station 2: Wall Work
Partner up for more Golden Oldies and Houston Classics. P1 on the wall, P2 doing exercises, switch. Concerned looks of trepidation from some of the newer PAX. In the immortal words of another obscure Cajun (not Amos Moses) “You can do it!!”
- P1: Dirty Hookups x 10 IC, P2: Merkins AMRAP
- P1: Angry Chair x 30 IC, P2: BBSUs AMRAP. Bipolar cadence for the P2 round via Bullseye.
- P1: Balls to the Wall, P2: Copperhead Squats x 15 IC
KFC and Knob Creek exceeded their own expectations. Form up Single File for a Bataan Death March (5 burpess then sprint to the front) over to the soccer fields in Rennie Park. Ahhh, I sure have missed this one, said no one ever. #EmbraceTheSuck! Then, plank for the six.
Station 3: Shoulder Destruction
Form up facing the soccer goals
- Bear Crawl race to the goal. Duck Walk race back to the start.
- Partner Wheel Barrows to the goal. Partner Hand Slap Merkins x 15 IC once there.
- Switch partners, Wheel Barrow back to start. PHS Merkins x 15 IC once there. Smoked!
Double 10-count, #BenevolentQStyle, then form up DAS for an Indian Run back to the SFs. Plank for the Six.
Station 4: Dealer’s Choice Mary
- Camo: Low Flutter x 20 IC
- KFC: LBCs x 15 IC
- BOP: Freddy Mercury x 20 IC
- Bullseye: Rosalita x 15 IC
- Knob Creek: LBC x 10 IC
- JR Ewing: Vampire Crunches x 3 IC (Think JR made these up)
CountORama and NameORama
6 PAX, 0 FNGs. Keep up the EH, especially as we try to build the Tuesday crowd.
An intro and call to HC and prepare for the first-ever Texas GROW RUCK! Inferno would say “Sign up now, you have 3 months to prepare. Plenty of time.” KFC gave an update on Ava. YHC asked for prayers for upcoming Sunday school camping trip, that connections would be made so needs can be shared. YHC took us out, asking for Peace and Wisdom for our country right now, that the Sky Q set men in the path of F3 Katy, that we continue to grow, and that we find new ways to serve through it.
In a strange alternate universe that I didn’t think was possible 6 months ago I no longer hate running. I still wouldn’t say I love it, but we can have a civil conversation without it erupting in physical violence now, and I respect it’s value as part of a quality Beat Down. We covered some ground and accomplished quite a bit in 45 min this morning. I saw each PAX dig deep around both the 2Ts. Knob Creek continues to push #YouAgainstYou to the limit, huge strides just in these first few weeks brother. Great to have KFC back with the PAX again, and get some updates on Ava. Mumble Chatter was light, but smiles were in place, proving the PAX can push their limits AND have fun doing it.
- Xmas shirts – see Band.
- GrowRuck Texas is coming. Either late Feb or early March. You want to do this.
- Burpee challenge is in progress and setting new records for daily BAND notifications. Catching up is still possible, but getting more painful every day.
- THIS SATURDAY we have a very special Bullseye VQ. As it also falls on Veteran’s Day and near his birthday we are calling this one a BVDVQ! Be there!
For those few of you who have not yet signed on – get onto BAND today, either via smartphone app (links here: apple / android), or via the website. This is our new preferred Comz Channel going forward – download it and join the band called “F3 Houston” to get all the info on F3 Houston. Here is where you can learn who are the upcoming Qs, sign up yourself to be the Q, read our Backblasts for each WO, learn details of our next CSAUPs, and as usual, make fun of the guys in the Pax in general with some good ol’ Mumble Chatter.