22 PAX made it out this fine morning for YHC’s VQ Brick House Special at The Hogg at 0530, including the crowd favorite Flapping Duck Walk and lots bricks on The Wall. Had to modify counter-rotating GBAC due to certain PAX lack of coordination… Ending with PaceCar special of Elementary School Traffic Control (one arm out with a brick and the other rotating to bring the cars through and flapjack).
72⁰, 70% humidity, down right lovely for this time of year.
YHC is not a professional instructor; F3 Workouts are free and voluntary; Push yourself but don’t hurt yourself; notify Q if you have a medical condition; modify if necessary
• SSH x30
• GG x10
• Abe Vigoda x10
• LBAC x10 + Reverse x10
• GBAC x10 + Reverse x10 (Modification as certain PAX lacked coordination
(Coupon distribution – 2 per Pax) Mosey to the seawall with Karaoke, High Knees and Butt Kickers; alternating palms up and palms down with coupons.
• Step-up Skull Crusher x 20 + Flapjack
• In & Out x20
• Butterfly x30
• American Hammer x20
• Derkin x15
• Rinse & Repeat
• Dips x20
• Flapping Duck x20 yds (Duck Walk while waiving coupons lengthwise above your head)
• Bear Crawl with coupons back
• Plank for 6
• Travoltas x10 each side
Recovery Mosey Double-Applesauce to the Flags alternating palms up and palms down.
• Bruce Lee Squat (holding coupons by palms only in squat position for as long as possible)
• Smurf Jacks x20
• Traffic Control x10 each side
CountORama and NameORama
22 PAX, with 0 FNG
YHC took us out with TAPs for Beta counting down to his big day and reminding us to be thankful for all our blessings; remembering to give it back; and thoughts for our soldiers.
Naked Man Moleskin
YHC was humbled by his first VQ. Two lessons learned – 1) try to control my chatter as Q, just take care of business; and 2) do not modify, set the example and encourage everyone to follow good form from start to finish. Hopefully, YHC was able to give the PAX a decent WO. Glad to get VQ out of the way and already have a list started for next time.
• GrowRuck 03 – DRIVER NEEDED
New Orleans June 9-11 combines F3 Grow School with a GoRuck Tough. This is a custom GoRuck event, which has been specifically designed for F3 to help reinforce the Leadership Development training that the PAX will be exposed to over the course of the GR03. Ruck training is underway – to join the chatter on BAND.
• Father’s Day Convergence – Saturday, June 17th – Memorial Park (The Hogg). Normal 0600-0700 and 0700-0800 workouts followed by the 2.0s joining us 0800-0830 and Ms to join for breakfast immediately following. Invitations to all “Ms” (significant others) and “2.0s” (kids) are highly encouraged, and this would be a chance for more 2ndF. Need hard commits on BAND – Cruiser bringing breakfast tacos, Camo has kid/adult beverages, Britney bringing donuts, Canon bringing coffee.
• Houston Tough Mudder – Nov 11-12th, 2017 – 5 Miles, 13 Obstacles, 1 Extraordinary Experience. Even dirtier than the Spartan Race, but just as much of a 2nd F team building experience. More info here. #CSAUP
• Houston Spartan Sprint > March 24th, 2018 > 3-5 miles, 20-23 Obstacles. The Reebok Spartan Sprint: This is our shortest distance. It is perfect for athletes of all levels; from Spartan first timers to seasoned racers. The race is a fantastic test of your physical ability, but an even better 2nd F experience. More info here. #CSAUP
• Twitter/BAND: We have a good comms system going for F3 Houston via Twitter and BAND. Get on either and look up F3 for regular updates and #Mumblechatter. Inferno or one of the other PAX (YHC included) can also help get you hooked up.
Thank you for all the support with my VQ. Good luck to Locksmith on VQ, at The Hogg on Thursday – I wish I could be there – will be DR for the next week setting up AO on sailboat in The Abacos.