- When: 03/20/18
- QIC: H-Bomb
- The PAX: Stakeout (R), Shoog, Taco, Fresh Prince, Beta, Snoop Dogg, Liquid Plumber, Red bull, Shots Fired!, Pace Car,Britney, Jack Rabbit (R), Floppy Disk, Leprechaun, Haggis, H-Bomb (YHC)
After the BD Lep put on us Saturday, my glutes have not felt that kind of pain since…well let’s not go there. So I racked my wicked little mind for something that would loosen those glutes right up, why not Jazzercise. So going to trusty YouTube (half of my inspiration, the other being the 2.0’s), and voila:
JAZZERCISE WEATHER – Brisk 52°F, small wind
YHC is not a professional. F3 workouts are voluntary and FREE – you are here voluntarily #YouAgainstYou. Modify as needed. Notify the Q or rest of Pax of any serious medical conditions #PushYourselfButDontHurtYourself.
Q prefaced the BD with a focus on coordination (something YHC needs to work on)
- 21’s (SSH x21 IC – 6 loud count, remaining silent but PAX in synchronization)
- Gene Kelly’s x20 IC (running man, but leaning forward and moving arms in motion with legs)
- Merkins x10 IC
- Jazzercise Warmup Begins (reference video above, imagine PAX in leotards/leg warmers):
- Arm Lifts x20 IC (hard to keep coordinated at 5:35 am)
- Push It/Pull It x20 IC (pelvic standing thrusts)
- Contract/Release x20 IC
- Let u Know It x20 IC (gyrate those hips)
- Let u Know It Again x20 IC (gyrate those hips in flapjack direction)
- Burpees x10 OYO
- Do the What? x20 IC (Side Lunges)
Mosey to back lot of St. Theresa’s (Butt Kickers, High Knees, Side Hop Right, Side Hop Left, Side Karaoke Right, Side Karaoke Left, Back Pedal along the way)
Circle Up for Shake them Hips x20 IC (shake hips side to side either arms up or hula); Count off 1-2s
DORA (50 Burpees, 100 Merkins, 150 Squats – Partner Count)
Circle up for the Buttercup (10 ea. IC – Knee Strikes, Mt. Climbers, Knee Strikes, Jay-Zs, Knee Strikes, Plank Rotations, Knee Strikes, Angry Al Gore, Knee Strikes) – 2.0 Request (my daughter this time)
Recover Mosey back to Flags
- On 6, bring feet over the head as far as can go (don’t rest on neck, stay on sholders) for Q 5 Count x5 (another 2.0 demonstrated exercise, again my daughter on this one)
- Close out the Jazzercise:
- Horizontal Monkey Humpers (see end of video) x10 IC
- Horiz. Monkey Humpers (Right Leg Straight Back) x5 IC
- Horz. Monkey Humpers (Flapjack) x5 IC
CountORama and NameORama
16 Pax + 0 FNG
TAPs to PaceCar/Shot’s Fired!’s colleagues fighting cancer (remember them for the Scope Run), Beta’s Mom dealing with a weakened major artery near the heart, Locksmith’s Dad.
I enjoy the creativity, and if you can’t guess by now, I like to incorporate exercises that make us look funny (Inferno has a deeper rooted guilty pleasure I must admit). As we go through our typical routines to sharpen us as men, I like to borrow from our opposite sex for routines that can improve our flexibility. I also severely lack any choreography skills, so wait till the next Q to see if I can improve on it (I’ll post some homework – a video worth watching).
I’ll share a revelation I had at the end of 6th grade, I had a number of cute coeds in homeroom that I befriended over the school year, but never had more than verbal shenanigans, so low and behold we were in the last hour before “School was out for Summer” when I thought (out loud) “Can I have a hug too.” To my surprise, all those coeds each gave me a nice full on hug. Sometimes you have to get in touch with the feminine wiles and you’ll be pleasantly surprised! More to come…
*MDA SCOPE 5K*
> March 24, 2018 – Workout at Hermann Park, then train ride to MDA for 5K. PaceCar will have the Q and will be coordinating F3 team and fund raising to support MDA GI Clinic
*Houston Spartan Sprint*
> March 24th, 2018 – EBERLY RANCH, CHAPPELL HILL TX – More details here.
*Austin Spartan Sprint – All Texas Pax Convergence*
> May 20th, 2018 – REVEILLE PEAK RANCH, BURNET TX – More details here.
For those few of you who have not yet signed on – get onto BAND today, either via smartphone app (links here: apple / android), or via the website. This is our new preferred Comz Channel going forward – download it and join the band called “F3 Houston” to get all the info on F3 Houston. Here is where you can learn who are the upcoming Qs, sign up yourself to be the Q, read our Backblasts for each WO, learn details of our next CSAUPs, and as usual, make fun of the guys in the Pax in general with some good ol’ Mumble Chatter.