- When: 3-27-2018
- QIC: Cruiser
- The PAX: Weedwacker, Pacecar, JackRabbit (R), Whiskey (R), Gemini, Liquid Plumber (R), Taser (2nd Helpings), Shots Fired, Shoog, Haggis, Guitar Hero, Snoop Dog, Britney, H-Bomb & YHC Cruiser (RR)
A breezy 72* & 84% humidity
YHC is not a professional. F3 workouts are free, you’re here of your own free will #YouAgainstYou. Modify as needed. Notify the Q or rest of Pax of any serious medical conditions #PushYourselfButDontHurtYourself. In honor of our Brother of the Gloom, headed to Portland, RedBull “Push yourself but don’t break yourself”
YHC asked the PAX to bring their Rucking plates this morning, guess I should have been a little clearer, your 30# plates. This Iron will serve as our coupon du jour. “As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another” – Proverbs 27:17
- SSH x 20 IC
- Abe Vigoda x 10 IC
- Merkin x 10 IC
- Copperhead squat x 10 IC
- LBAC x 10 IC F&R
CoP: Let’s mosey with our coupons over to Bushwood and grab some yoga mats
- Coupon Curl x 10 IC > Use good form, slow bicep isolation
- Coupon Squat Press x 10 IC
- Big Boy situps x 10 OYO > Use the coupon if you can
- Coupon Elf on a Shelf x 10 IC Left side and Right side
- Big Boy sit ups x 15 OYO > Use the coupon
- Coupon Skull Crusher (i.e. tricep press) x 10 IC > Use good form, tricep isolation
- Big Boy sit ups x 20 OYO
Let’s mosey over to the Garden of Tranquility
- Coupon Curl x 10 IC > Britney noticed some of the PAX not using good form, called “Time Out” gave an awesome demonstration of the proper form. Start over
- After 10 hold the coupon at the halfway mark for a 10 count
- Big Boy situps x 25 OYO w/coupons
- Coupon Squat press x 10 IC
- Big Boy situps x 30 OYO w/coupons
Let’s mosey back towards the flags > stopping short of the flags
- Coupon Bear Crawl 30 yards. Pushing the coupon with right hand first then left hand.
- Circle up around the flags for Coupon Curls x 10 IC
- After 10 hold the coupon at the halfway mark for a 10 count. *NOTE* The PAX tried to pull a fast one with a rapid 10 count. YHC called BS and called for another “Proper” 10 count. Feel the burn
- Plank position with various > elbows, regular, right leg high, left leg high
- Pigeon Stretch into Pirimoris Stretch > Right side and Left
- Copperhead Merkins x 5 IC
CountORama and NameORama
15 PAX with no FNG’s. Taser jumped all in for 2nd helpings this morning, welcome back and great work.
TAP’s went out this morning to Locksmith, his family and most important his father, JackRabbit’s BIL diagnosed with prostate cancer and Weedwacker who jumped in with both feet and is a proud “HomeOwner” now, good luck brother.
YHC has been introduce to “The Daily Stoic” recently and I anxiously await my morning reading. I also discovered that at least 2 of our BOTG are avid followers of Marcus Aurelius and Seneca (Lep and Shots) I enjoy hearing their thoughts on the Stoics (hope I used that correctly). Anyway, although the topics are generally pointed towards the end of life, the readings have given me new insight and verification on how I want to live my life NOW. Todays reading goes something like this> Marcus Aurelius found this piece of advice from an opposing philosophical school important enough to jot it down to himself. It’s worth considering today and practical enough to incorporate into your life immediately: “This advice from Epicurean writings: To think continually of one of the men of old who lived a virtuous life.” For you perhaps that person is your father, grandfather (or grandmother). Maybe it’s one of the historical figures, Winston Churchill, Abraham Lincoln, whoever it is, keep them in your mind as a model. Keep them there as an inspiration and a kind of guardrail (What would ______ think about what I’m about to do?). Let them guide you, prod you, and comfort you.
*Austin Spartan Sprint – All Texas Pax Convergence*
> May 20th, 2018 – REVEILLE PEAK RANCH, BURNET TX – More details here.
*GoRuck Light* Honor the Fallen – Sunday, May 27th – 1400
“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” –General George S. Patton – Memorial Day is an opportunity to ruck for those who have served to preserve our freedom and paid the ultimate sacrifice…America’s Fallen. We build bridges between the civilian and military worlds at GORUCK, and Cadre and Ruckers alike are expected to bring a photo and a story of someone who lost their life during their service to our country. Never Forget. – 4-5 hours, 7-10 miles, *LIGHT = More Smiles, Less Miles & Fun on a team. – Average completion rate is 100% More Information > https://www.goruck.com/event-12935
*F3Kingwood/Atascocita Launch* – Saturday, June 2nd > Location TBN > Time 0700 – 0800 Mark your calendars
For those few of you who have not yet signed on – get onto BAND today, either via smartphone app (links here: apple / android), or via the website. This is our new preferred Comz Channel going forward – download it and join the band called “F3 Houston” to get all the info on F3 Houston. Here is where you can learn who are the upcoming Qs, sign up yourself to be the Q, read our Backblasts for each WO, learn details of our next CSAUPs, and as usual, make fun of the guys in the Pax in general with some good ol’ Mumble Chatter.