Nineteen PAX posted in the #Gloom for their DRP.
YHC is not a professional instructor #SpeakLoudlyToMakeThemUnderstand. F3 workouts are voluntarily and free of charge. Modify as needed. #PushYourselfButDontHurtYourself #YouAgainstYou. Notify the Q of any serious medical conditions. Aye!
Muggy 68 degrees with moderate fog #TheRealGloom. Despite recent rains and ground-hugging clouds, the PAX enjoyed solid terra firma at The Hogg. YHC is skeptical of the Weather Channel’s 97% humidity reading but it was enough to help the PAX break a sweat.
Mosey to the Sister of Mercy parking lot – alternate running with Agility Drill: Back Peddle, Butt Kickers, High Knees, and Karaoke R/L to let the stragglers catch up #ComingInHot. Proceed along the side of the Church with Tin Soldiers and Duck Walk.
Circle of Pain (COP)
PAX showed that patience is a virtue when it comes to Cadence as YHC worked his way through his VQ
- Side Straddle Hops x 5 IC (slow)
- Imperial Walkers x 10 IC
- Side Straddle Hops x 5 IC (medium pace)
- Air Squats x 10 IC
- Side Straddle Hops x 6 IC (fast) – whoops, broke the pattern #TricksyHobbitses
- Imperial Squat Walkers x 10 IC
- SSH (arms to parallel with ground) x 13 IC (super fast) #Lucky13
- Count off 1s & 2s. 2s grab some SAK-rete
Meet up at the Wailing Wall and partner up for some Penance.
- Round 1: Partner 1 with the SAK does Curb Hops AMRAP while Partner 2 side shuffles right to garage door and side shuffle left back, Flapjack
- Round 2: Partner 1 with the SAK does People’s Chair while Partner 2 side shuffles right to garage door and side shuffles left back to the Wall, Flapjack
- Round 3: A reprieve from the merciful Q – Partner 1 does Tip Drill AMRAP (no SAK) while Partner 2 goes Carioca right to garage door and Karaoke left back to the Wall, flapjack
- SAK-rete Sit Ups. Interlock legs with partner, 30x (15 each with bag) OYO
- Moroccan Night Club for the 6
Mosey out of the back parking lot Double Applesauce, complete two Double Indian Runs en route to the Back 40
- Find your partner. Identify the Cone-ita –about 30 yards out.
- Leap Frog – length to the cone, return with wheelbarrow, wheelbarrow, bear crawl. 3x. That’s a short sentence that produced a lot of sweat.
- Moroccan Night Club for the 6
- Leg Lift Push Downs – one Pax stands, one is on his back with head at partner’s feet (awkward view…why isn’t F3 co-ed?). PAX on the ground holds partner’s ankles, lifts legs to partner’s chest. Partner pushes back to ground. Keep feet in air. 15 each OYO. There’s a name for this.
Mosey over to the Side Yard, where Cone-itas are set up 15 yards + 15 yards
- A new exercise for the PAX. This is a little gem from YHC’s past life as a rugby player #cauliflowerear, #wheresthekeg. 5 lines across. The Man on the end sets the line and calls start (a little teamwork…Spartan Race is around the corner). Line starts when line in front of you gets halfway. At the end, peel to the side. Back peddle to middle cone, jog back to start. YHC is a big fan of the plyo/sprint combo and hopes it was #crowdpleaser.
- Lunge walk 15 yards / sprint 15 yards / back peddle to middle cone, jog to starting position, set line. Repeat 3x. Planks for the 6. T’Claps for the War Daddy who called it.
- Frog Jumps 15 yards / sprint 15 yards / back peddle to middle cone, jog to starting position, set line. Repeat 2x. Planks for the 6. T’Claps for the War Daddy who called it.
- 1-leg hops 15 yards / sprint 15 yards / back peddle to middle cone, jog to starting position, set line. Repeat 1x each leg
Circle up on the Q.
- Half bridges 3 x 20 seconds, #squeezeyourbunshoney, a staple of Beta’s yoga class
- David Lee Roth Burpees, 5x OYO – #vocalizationiskey
Time’s about up. Mosey to and circle up around the Flag.
CountORama and NameORama
19 men. No FNG’s
BoM (Ball of Man)
Duggar and The Bishop shared personal stories about father-son relationships, a reminder to all of us that our time on the Big Ball is too short to let preconceived notions and/or pride keep us from opening our hearts and minds to loved ones – in this case, the Old Man. What will you think about when he’s gone? Have you considered that your father loves you like you love your own children? Thanks for reaching deep, Brothers. Cruiser took us out, reminding us to be thankful for all we have, with special note to the father/son relationship.
The holiday season is upon us. Santa, and even the Easter Bunny, train year-round to move quickly with heavy loads. We took a cue from these holiday heroes to work our legs, core, and cardio. Then, we had just enough time for CSAUP with a celebrity burpee cameo #foreshadowing.
If you are thinking about losing your V with a Q, I refer you to the immortal words of Ferris Bueller: if you have the means, I highly recommend it. Do you have the means? Yes, you have the means – they are strong to quite strong, not unlike Gaylord Focker’s portfolio.
Wednesday: TheGeneral, aka BlackJack. Pershing Middle School, every Wednesday at 5:30am. Mix up the scenery and help expand F3 in Houston.
Thursday: 2nd F This Thursday, we’ll be meeting up at Kirby Ice House for the Thirsty Third Thursday Happy Hour. Make your best effort to get there. Commit this phrase to memory: the Fitness is the Magnet; the Fellowship is the Glue; and the Faith is the Dynamite. If you don’t work on the 2nd F, you’ll never comprehend the 3rd F, and without those two, well, all F3 will ever be for you is the latest in a long line of fitness crazes that have come and gone. Don’t be a Jane Fonda.
This Week: This is a great time to remind you to Hard Commit (HC) for the Spartan Sprint, which the AOs of F3 Texas will be converging on May 21. Check it out: https://www.spartan.com/en/race/detail/1880/overview
The New Year: 1/2/(F)3 Convergence. Each year on January 1st, it is traditional in F3 Nation to have a “Convergence” in honor of F3’s founding on 1/1/11. Since the 1st falls on a Sunday this year, we have called an audible to move it to January 2nd (and it also takes the hangover excuse of the table #NoExcuses). The 1/2/(F3) Convergence is intended to pull together everyone who has participated in a F3 Houston workout for a combined, extended event. A particular focus for the Convergence is for each member of the Pax to bring out FNGs (note: the plural was intentional!). Most guys are “New Year’s resolutionists” (“I need to get in shape this year…”), so it is a great time to bring them out to F3. It is also a great time to celebrate 3 months of F3 Houston #badassery More details to follow.
Everyday: Remember to put the EH on some FNGs for the Saturday workout. We need some more #homegrown F3 Houston PAX #ABH
See previous BackBlasts for more details on the following:
Twitter. Just do it, even if you’ve avoided social media this long. You can arrange it so you only get F3 stuff. Suggested Twitter handle: @F3[F3name]. #CommunicationIsKey
BackBlast Comments. Just do it. Get a login ID and password. #CommunicationIsKey #MumbleChatter
F3 Apparel. Just do it. The Official Gear Store of F3 Nation is Mud Gear (www.f3.mudgear.com).
LexiconOlogy (Word of the Day)
SHART: Unwisely breaking wind during a Workout without full assurance of a dry Outcome. (You know who you are…#CallMeIrresponsible2007 #ToBeLoved2013)
The F3 Lexicon provides the PAX with a language that uniquely conveys and captures much of what we do and believe in F3. It seems trivial, but the Lexicon helps connect us and enriches our fellowship. Take some time to check it out. (http://www.f3nation.com/lexicon/)
Many thanks for the opportunity to lead. #15Again