- When: 09/16/17
- QIC: Inferno
- The PAX: Gemini, Shots Fired!, Backhoe, Harvest Moon (FNG), Goose (PP), H-Bomb, Bullseye (R), HammerTime, Triple Threat, SnoopDog, Haggis, Camo, Leprechaun, Boris, Cruiser (RR), Inferno (QIC)
16 Pax, including 1 FNG posted this fine, fine morning to #ComeGetchaSome @ #TheHogg!!
YHC was happy to bring back “Where the H is Inferno” and a few other loose gems to this morning’s Casino… Lucky 21 was today’s theme – and “NO” Smokey The Bear and YHC did not coordinate Qs last night. The stars must have been aligned just right is all. Maybe we should all go out and play the lotto this weekend… or at least some Blackjack.
HammerTime reminded us all that this is the last weekend of the summer, so remember to look out for the changing seasons! Whoever finds the one red leaf in Houston is the grand winner.
YHC is not a professional. F3 workouts are voluntary and FREE – you are here voluntarily #YouAgainstYou. Modify as needed. Notify the Q or rest of Pax of any serious medical conditions #PushYourselfButDontHurtYourself.
With some of the Pax running late, YHC kept things close for a bit… YHC was also hoping a few other FNGs would show up (#NotAProudPapaToday), but they seem to want some more continued EH’ing before honoring us with their presence. YHC shall abide.
Mosey to parking lot in front of St. Theresa for some:
- High Knees, Butt Kickers, Side Shuffle Right, Back Peddle, Side Shuffle Left, Regulár back to SFs
CoP around SFs:
- SSH x35 IC ** (listen for faster cadence in the end – that’ll getcha every time)
- IW x21 IC
- Hand Release Merkins x21 IC
- SSH x21 IC ** (listen for faster cadence in the end)
- ‘Where the H is Inferno?‘ (Similar to “where in the world is Matt” but better with ‘High Knees‘ and ‘Lunges‘)
Mosey over to YHC’s seemingly favorite grassy knoll behind the Kickball field, and PARTNER UP for some…
- P1 & P2 align across the field from each other and perform:
- 20 High Knee Twists IC (total of 80)
- Then Mosey across the field with lots of encouraging High Fives en route, for
- 1 Grounded Russian Kick IC (total of 4)
- then lower the High Knee Twists IC count and increase the Grounded Russian Kicks count = always adding up to 21
- …eventually with all the extra #s of cadence counting, YHC wised-up and modified the latter to ‘Freddie Mercuries‘ & eventually modified the former to ‘Imperial Walkers‘ #WhoseIdeaWasThis???
-At #15/6 we took a break and circled up for 21 Monkey Humpers.
-At #10/11 we took a break and circled up for 21 Super Slow Squats (CopperHead style).
-At #5/16 we we took a break and circled up for 21 Hand Release Merkins.
Line up next to your Partner – Double Apple Sauce for ‘Walk Like an Egyptian‘ (a sort of Lunge Indian Run):
- All Pax hold the down Lunge position, then
- 2 Partners Pax in the back Jailbreak to the front and call next leg,
- All Pax take one step forward holding the other leg in the down Lunge position
As fun as this was, we definitely looked like a group of guys in a FREE workout with absolutely no professionals around holding a clipboard and yelling directions. We had fun trying to chase down some Tomatoes in the nearby parking lot… but was it just YHC, or did they look waaaay to young to be out alone at this hour with no adult supervision?!!
Move on to some standard Indian Run style around the parking lot – Right at the fork!! AVOIDING THE INFAMOUS BRITNEY-KILLER SIDEWALK #WeHateThatB!
Continue Indian Run until the SFs.
Circle up – 8 mins left for:
- Another few sets of ‘Where the H is Inferno?‘, and
- Howling Monkey Humpers! #AlwaysACrowdPleaser #AlwaysWorseThanIRemember
CountORama and NameORama
16 Pax, inlcluding 1 FNG.
Welcome to Harvest Moon, who’s an Aggie having studied some sort of badass-type of Aggie Major goodness related to harvesting and farming. Fortuitously, YHC listened to Neil Young en route to the Gloom this morning and Harvest Moon seemed poetically perfect. Way to get after it today, Harvest Moon! Come back for second helpings! #NoOneNightStands
TAPs to H-Bomb’s friend getting over some tough times, and Camo’s friend during his marriage troubles.
YHC took us out reminding us of this sad time for Camo’s friend. We all strive to be good husbands, fathers, and friends in the community. It is also good for us to remember that it is not about being right or any sort of power, but to do good and be good in all things. Let’s count our blessings and be mindful of how lucky we all are, and of our great responsibility as men.
TClaps to Boris for stepping up and showing us what good form looks like even when we’re tired. Stay strong and keep good form. Thanks for helping out! Push yourself but don’t hurt yourself is real. #NotFakeNews
TClaps to Cruiser (War Daddy) for helping everyone keep track of our counts during the Modified Blackjack. I lost track of my counting so many times, eventually, I would just wait until Cruiser finished – then do about 4 to 8 more reps and move on to next exercise. How does he keep getting faster??!?
On my drive home, I was reminded after COT of something Jordan B. Peterson said…
“Power is the tactic used by the incompetent to gain status. Competence is the tool used by the morally oriented to accrue authority to do good things in the world.”
– Jordan B. Peterson.
1st Anniversary Convergence!! ** ALL ARE WELCOME **
- Hermann Park on September 30th: 0630-0800 hrs
- ALL OTHER AOs WILL BE CLOSED THAT DAY #It’sMillerTime
Upcoming Area of Operations (AOs):
- Katy – Oct 7th
- Launch-Q : Camo
- Corner of Kingsland Blvd & Rennie Dr
- Austin – Oct 28th
- Launch in the AM / Capital Ruck Tour in the PM
- Humble/Kingwood/Atascocita area – End 2017
- Launch-Q : Cruiser
- Sugar Land – Early 2018
- Launch-Q : Inferno
Start EH’ing your friends and family for these upcoming AOs!!
Get with the above AO-Qs if you are available to help support these AOs.
For those few of you who have not yet signed on – get onto BAND today, either via smartphone app (links here: apple / android), or via the website. This is our new preferredComz Channel going forward – download it and join the band called “F3 Houston” to get all the info on F3 Houston. Here is where you can learn who are the upcoming Qs, sign up yourself to be the Q, read our Backblasts for each WO, learn details of our next CSAUPs, and as usual, make fun of the guys in the Pax in general with some good ol’ Mumble Chatter.