- When: 08/03/17
- QIC: Haggis
- The PAX: Morphius (HHH), Cannon, The Mick (R – DR NWind), Britney, Picabo (FNG), Beta, Hammer Time, Inferno, HookUp (R), Shoog, Boring, Pace Car, Olaf, Whiskey (R), Scalpel, Backhoe, Rosebowl, JR Ewing, Two Dinners, Fresh Prince, Cruiser (RR), Mullet (FNG), Brownbag (DR NOLA), Neo, Duggar, & Haggis (VQ)
Overview: 26 PAX including 2 FNGs and 2 DRVs were given their neeps and tatties by VQ Haggis in the gloom of #theHogg. Mumble chatter was high at the outset, but quickly died down as Haggis slowly unleashed a double claymore of pain on the PAX.
Nice and sticky 78 degrees & 85% humidity
I am most certainly not a professional. F3 workouts are FREE – you are here of your own free will. It’s you against you. Push yourself but don’t hurt yourself. Modify as needed. Notify the Q or rest of PAX if any medical conditions arise.
Warm up – Kicked off with an easy mosey through the houses northeast of the parking lot. Added in some Side Shuffle (L/R), Butt Kickers and High Knees for variety. Tried to keep mumble chatter to a respectable decibel range to avoid disturbing our friendly neighbors.
Circle of Pain –
- Grass Grabber x 15 IC
- Side Shuffle Hop x 20 IC
- Merkins x 15 IC
- The Lunge x 20 IC (with an early reset as VQ screwed up the cadence)
Mosey to parking lot near flags
Line up on kerb facing across the width of the parking lot. This section has 3 elements with ‘recovery’ shuttle jog/sprint in between.
- 20 x Little Baby Crunches. Jog/sprint half way across parking lot, turn around, and jog/sprint back. Jog/sprint full width of parking lot, turn around and jog/sprint back
- 20 x High Knees (box jumps without box). Jog/sprint half way across parking lot, turn around, and jog/sprint back. Jog/sprint full width of parking lot, turn around and jog/sprint back
- 10 x Burpee. Jog/sprint half way across parking lot, turn around, and jog/sprint back. Jog/sprint full width of parking lot, turn around and jog/sprint back
Rinse and repeat 5 times. Mumble chatter was very rare at this point….
Brief recovery time (count of 10), then mosey double apple sauce with what was supposed to be Indian Running (dissension in the ranks or unheard at the back?), instead regular mosey round the grass area of the play park (two times), stopping at intervals for some more Merkins, LBCs, and ‘Freedom’ Burpees (OYO).
Circle up round the flags for a short warm down stretch – IC 11 x Grass Grabber, & 9 x Lunges (correct cadence this time)
CountORama and NameORama
26 PAX, 2 FNGs & 2 DRV. Welcome FNGs Mullet and Picabo
- League City launch this Saturday (Aug 5th). We need a good split of veteran PAX to attend both League City and the Hogg – we are expecting a number of FNGs at both locations.
- Anniversary t-shirt orders will soon close, so get in now to avoid disappointment
TAPs: Cruisers sister in law still fighting. Whiskey’s friend Bill.
BOM: Haggis shared a few words and thoughts, and also asked that we take the positive energy we gain from working out in the gloom, and use it to make someone else’s day better.
Upcoming Area of Operations (AOs):
- League City – August 5th
- Launch-Q : TP
- Katy – Oct 7th
- Launch-Q : Camo
- Austin – Oct 28th
- Launch-Q : Hannibal in San Antonio
- Humble/Kingwood/Atascocita area – End 2017
- Launch-Q : Cruiser
- Sugar Land – Early 2018
- Launch-Q : Inferno