9 PAX posted at 0600 #TheHogg for a wet and slippery beatdown for #Brexit VQ. Was made clear any jokes made at her majesty’s expense were worth 10 merkins as punishment!
- YHC is not a professional instructor. F3 workouts are voluntarily and free of charge. Modify exercises if you need to. The goal is to push yourself, but don’t hurt yourself. #YouAgainstYou Notify the Q of any serious medical conditions. Lets do this..
- 66° / 93% humidity. Light rain and mostly cloudy, damp underfoot..this was going to be a wet one!
Mosey through the parking lot – turned left and to head around the loop. Along the way: high knees and butt kickers. Stopped on hitting the track:
- Monutain Climber x 15
- Imperial Walker x 10
- SSH x 20
Completing the loop while stopping intermittently for exercises. MARMITE (vegetable extract) the order in which exercises took place. Slogan being #You Either Love It Or You Hate It :
- Monkey Humper x 15 IC
- American Hammer x 25 IC #god save the queen
- Abe Pegoda x 10 IC
- Rosalita x 20 IC
- Merkin x 15 IC
- Indian Run
- Turk and burp x 10 OYO
- Empty Wheelbarrow (paired up each 25m)
Single file Indian run done with 5 x burpees from Memorial drive till Memorial Park Speedway with double back loop to Memorial Drive to adjust time. #CrowdPleaser
Turk and Burp – modified to lie on back, 1 arm get up into star jump #HardToAvoidTheWetPatch
Fun Deck of Pain
- 15 Dips IC
- Double Apple sauce Indian Run from Fun Deck of Pain back to playground for modified Empty Wheelbarrow through ditch to SHOVEL FLAGS for transition to COT
- 9 Pax. T’claps Brothers! #SoakingWetAndSweaty
- No FNGs. Let’s keep #EHing and keep growing The Hogg. Impressive number going on to Double down at 0700 with Cruiser
#BoM (Ball of Man)
- Circle of Trust, Ball of Man and Thoughts and Prayers. Every F3 Workout ends with a COT, wherein the PAX form a circle to conduct Counterama, Namerama, Announcearama and the Ball Of Man. During the BOM, the PAX are encouraged to offer TAPs, which is followed by a closing prayer to take us out. The COT, and all it encompasses, are a Core Principle of F3. TAPs were offered for:
- Hope cruisers shoulders get better soon
- VQ Brexit going to be a Dad to an american citizen #PollutingTheBloodline
- A second shout-out at the 07h WO to Brexit’s future 2.0 – #CheersMate !!
- Beta lead us out. T’Claps brother.
- As a reminder, the #3rdF pulpit is open to any Pax member. You are all #freedtolead, and every leader needs to find his “voice” among other men. Offering TAPs is a great way to do that.
- T’claps to the 7 PAX who braved the #DoubleDown and posted for Cruiser’s 0700 #BeatDown while being soaking wet
- We worked on our cardio fitness yesterday.
- T’claps to Beta for lending Q his watch to time properly
- Looking Ahead…
- SCOPE 5K: Run for Colorectal Cancer. This is the next F3 Houston #CSAUP event. Pace Car and Cruiser are the Event Q’s. Colorectal cancer is bad news and especially prevalent in men. The plan if for an F3 workout before the run starts, and then crush the race. Some details are still being finalized, but here is what we have so far:
- When: Saturday, March 25, 2017
- Where: Texas Medical Center, 1220 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX
- Start Time: 0800
- Event Q: Pace Car and Cruiser #Tclaps
- Registration Info: https://thedriven.net/event.race_reg/eid/7514234679?
- Team Name: F3 Nation (Make sure you register under our team)
- Donations: Pace Car and Cruiser are accepting donations towards obtaining a Gold Level Sponsorship, which will put the F3 logo on the back of the race shirt. The goal is to reach $3000. #givewhatyoucan
- Spartan Race. Please sign up for the first official F3 Texas(combined Houston, Dallas and San Antonio Pax) #CSAUP Quick summary, expect 4-5 miles with 20-23 obstacles, and lots of burpees. See link for more details on the race: https://www.spartan.com/en/race/detail/1880/overview?filter=sprint Key info:
- When: Sunday, May 21, 2017
- Where: Reveille Peak Ranch|105 CR 114 Burnet, TX 78611
- Event Q: We need a Q for the F3 Houston Pax. #leadershipopp Who wants it?
- Registration Info:
- Event:Spartan Sprint (NOT the Super)
- Heat: Sunday Morning, 1115-1200 Heat
- Team Name: F3Texas
- Password: Fish61
- Why: #CSAUP Races are signature events for the F3 Nation. The Spartan Race is a excellent chance to test your Fitness, growth in Fellowship and deepen your Faith (believe me, you will be praying during the race…) Ask any Pax who has done one, and they will tell you that #CSAUP events are their favorite F3 activity!!! #seeforyourself
- F3 COMZ. Because we are only working out together 3-4 hours a week, communication between the Pax is a key way to build our Fellowship as a group. #CommunicationIsKey There are multiple ways to stay in touch:
- Twitter. YHC highly encourages the PAX to get on Twitter. It’s not a scary as it sounds, and it’s a great source of real-time updates, #MumbleChatter and hilarious (and occassionally horrifying!?!) images from the PAX. If YHC can do it, then trust me that anyone can. Suggested Twitter handle: @F3[F3name].
- f3nation.com. This is the key resource for all things F3, but especially for the Backblasts, a written account of a Workout or Event that the Q Posts to a public forum. You can find the #BBs for F3 HOU here: http://f3nation.com/locations/houston-tx/
- Facebook. F3 Houston has both public and private pages (Duggar can get you access to the latter). It is a great place to look at pics and videos from our workouts.
- F3 Swag. T-shirt orders for The Hogg are closed, but place your orders on the Wait List to build us up for another order. Also, check out 2017’s limited time National Race Jersey at: https://f3.mudgear.com/collections/2017-official-f3-race-jersey-pre-order. Order by 21st March!
- Word of the Day (WOD): BREXIT – The United Kingdoms withdrawal from the European Union following referendum 23rd June 2016
Thank you for allowing a Brit to lead you!