- When: 12-17-2017
- QIC: Cruiser – SnoopDog
- The PAX: Duggar, Triple Threat, Snoop Dog, H-Bomb, Boy Scout, Leprechaun, Britney, T-P, Bulls Eye, Shots Fired, Haggis & YHC Cruiser
0400hrs on a cool, wet, December Sunday morning, “In The Gloom”, 12 Houston PAX met for a little GrowRuck08 training. We were formally introduced to the newest member of the group > “The Hogg Log” ~200#.s. Also participating this morning was “The Hogg Sack” 28#’s.
48* – 98% wet
We are not professionals. F3 workouts & Ruck training are voluntary and FREE – you are here of your own free will #YouAgainstYou. If you can’t complete an exercise modify as needed but use good form. Notify the Q & PAX of any serious medical conditions #PushYourselfButDontHurtYourself.
We’re going to start our Ruck by carrying the Hogg Log outbound ~ 2 miles. Quick demo on the proper technique for picking the log up from the ground. Partner up, 2 men on the log at a time, switching ~ 50-70 steps, steps being counted each time the left foot hits the ground. With only 2 men on the log we were able to maintain a pretty good pace.
CoP: Rucks stay on, stopped at the 1.5 mile marker
- Copperhead Squat x 15 > 3 PAX on the log, balance doing the exercise
- Incline Merkins x 15 > Rucks on, 3 new PAX did squats with the Hogg Log while the rest did incline merkins
Mosey until we got to about mm 2 on the Ruck where we set the Hogg Log down for a bit.
The Ruck continued for another 2 miles towards Buffalo Bayou trail. At the halfway point we stopped for another Pain Station.
- The Step Up x 10 > Alternating legs – IC
- Incline Merkins x 20 > IC
- Copperhead Squat x 20 > IC > Upon completion of #20 hold the down going into “Al Gore” then
- Angry Chair x 20 IC
Let’s Mosey back west on Memorial
- Stop at 5300 Memorial for Stair Challenge. Up and down 2 times, heart rate up real good now.
Let’s Mosey, back to find the Hogg Log
- Pick up the Hogg Log and head back to base. Same as the start, 50-70 steps, 2 man carry.
- ~ 7-8 miles round trip, little less than 3 hrs. The obligatory adult beverage was consumed as per Rucking rules and regulations upon completion.
- Certainly had a few heads turned as other runners at The Hogg were just arriving to workout and we’re having a cold one.
12 Pax with no FNG’s
- Thirsty Third Thursday, Dec 21st Gingerman in Rice Village
- Next formal training after the new year
*F3 Texas GrowRuck*
> Officially in Houston the last weekend in February. Get your hallpasses now and block that entire weekend for all THREE Fs.
*Houston Spartan Sprint*
> March 24th, 2018 – EBERLY RANCH, CHAPPELL HILL TX – More details here.
*Austin Spartan Sprint – All Texas Pax Convergence*
> May 20th, 2018 – REVEILLE PEAK RANCH, BURNET TX – More details here.
For those few of you who have not yet signed on – get onto BAND today, either via smartphone app (links here: apple / android), or via the website. This is our new preferred Comz Channel going forward – download it and join the band called “F3 Houston” to get all the info on F3 Houston. Here is where you can learn who are the upcoming Qs, sign up yourself to be the Q, read our Backblasts for each WO, learn details of our next CSAUPs, and as usual, make fun of the guys in the Pax in general with some good ol’ Mumble Chatter.