Approaching the AO this morning, YHC had to wonder what the heck he was thinking. Having been out for a solid week, due to flu-like symptoms, YHC couldn’t figure out why he had volunteered to Q. Wouldn’t it have been smarter to ease back into things? Well, it probably would’ve been, but YHC was just too jazzed up to get back out there, so he rolled with it.
Upon circling up for the Disclaimer, YHC genuinely expressed to the PAX how thrilled he was to be back among them, and that there was no place else or with any other people that he’d rather be at that moment. Ah, that sentiment was warmly embraced by the PAX, who dutifully gave YHC all kinds of grief, including several offers to provide Kleenex if need. Hearing the Mumble Chatter of the PAX, YHC thought to himself, “Yes, it’s good to be back among them indeed!”
“F3 is a free workout. You’re out here voluntarily. I am not a professional…wait…any FNGs? No? Then let’s mosey!”
Ok, maybe that wasn’t setting the best example of how to run through the Disclaimer and YHC should be a little more thorough the next time…but after a week of being OOC, YHC was chomping at the bit to get on with it. So, omission acknowledged and YHC will try to satisfy all would-be attorneys with a more fulsome Disclaimer the next time.
Despite the field being too wet to properly plant the SFs in the usual spot and circle up around them, at 59° F with a clear morning sky, the conditions were still absolutely perfect for getting it on!
- Mosey along to the back of St. Theresa’s Church with Butt Kickers, High Knees, and Side Shuffles R/L along the way, until we reached the back parking lot and circled up
- Side Straddle Hops x 25 IC
- Seal Jacks x 25 IC
- Plank Jacks x 25 IC
- Mosey back, pair up, each man grabbed bricks/blocks, and headed out to the parking lot on the other side of Kickball Field #1, over by the pool
Pairs of PAX lined up on the hash marks on the west side of the parking lot for a DORA that included:
- Single-leg, Peter Parker Derkins x 100
- Block Swings x 150
- Flutter Kicks x 200
Actually, it was slightly more involved than that. For the first exercise, P1 placed one foot on their block, while holding the other straight out in the air. As they went down for a Derkin, they brought their free leg forward, touching their outside knee to their elbow. They did this 5 times on the Right and then 5 on the Left, all while P2 was in a Plank, then P1 and P2 would swap. After each had completed their 10, they Bear Crawled to the Piece Pipe (Yes, YHC knows how to spell Peace, but because the Pipe bi-sects the parking lot into two pieces, YHC thinks it should be called the Piece Pipe) and back, only to RnR. Once complete, the PAX ran a lap around the parking lot.
For the second set of exercises, P1 performed 25 Block Swings, while P2 was in People’s Chair. In the interest of time, there was no Bear Crawl this go-around. Instead, the PAX just cycled through, rinsing and repeating until complete.
For the last exercise, running out of time, YHC abbreviated the DORA, calling an audible for 100 Flutters with Blocks High.
After that, it was time to return the Coupons to their rightful homes, so the PAX could circle up.
Setting another new record for The Hogg, 28 PAX took their DRP this morning! For those keeping count, 28 matches the number of PAX present at The Big Bang, back on Oct. 1st, when the majority of the PAX were men coming DR from other AOs to help with the launch. That’s a sign of how far we’ve come.
If there were a single negative about today, it’s that we didn’t have a single FNG out there. We may congratulate ourselves on what we’ve accomplished individually and cumulatively…BUT WE CAN NOT BE SATISFIED OR LET UP… make no mistake, we’re just at the start of this awesome journey. So, STAY FROSTY; STAY HARD, and #ABH.
Ball of Man
Circle of Trust, Ball of Man and Thoughts and Prayers
- TAPs for our F3 brethren in San Antonio, who were impacted by the tornado that touched down there this past week. Thank to the Sky Q for their families’ safety and strength to the PAX, as they face the challenge of rebuilding their homes and lives.
- Dr. Suess took us out, thanking the Sky Q for bringing us all together on such a glorious morning to strength our minds, bodies, and spirits; asking that we be granted us the Wisdom and Courage; and for the protection of all those that Serve this Great Country.
- YHC was energized this morning at the beginning of the Warm Up, hearing the PAX count in unison, as we knocked out our first ten SSHs. Then something funny happened, the PAX went silent and remained so through the Seal Jacks and Plank Jacks. Not sure what YHC did to silence everyone, but as an experiment, the next time YHC Qs, it will be in an F3 Race Jersey that doesn’t have the perma-stench that this morning’s one did.
- YHC and Inferno were partners for the DORA…well, kind of….that is, when Inferno wasn’t taking breaks to field calls in the middle of the workout…all kidding aside, the lesson we could all take away from Inferno today is that he could’ve skipped the workout, because he knew that he was going to have to answer/respond to several important business calls this morning and yet he still posted. He posted. It would’ve been an easy excuse for him to FartSack and sit around the kitchen with a cup of coffee, while making those calls, but he didn’t. He posted. That’s called having fire in the belly. Way to be Inferno!
- YHC owes El Blanco an apology. YHC had tried as best as possible to follow all of the Tweets and BBs last week while out sick. YHC had seen/read about El Blanco’s conversion from FNG status and entering the fold. Going around the Circle today, YHC had stopped to recognize El Blanco’s return for what YHC thought was Second Helpings, only to discover that it was already his fourth time posting. So, my apologies for not knowing better El Blanco, and congrats on being off to such a strong start!
- GrowRuck 03 – New Orleans June 9-11 combines F3 Grow School with a GoRuck Tough. Details to follow. Have no doubt, this will be a transformative event for the PAX that do it, as well as for F3 Houston and F3 Texas. Get excited!
- Spartan Race. Please sign up for the first official F3 Texas(Houston, Dallas and San Antonio Pax) #CSAUP Quick summary, expect 4-5 miles with 20-23 obstacles, and lots of burpees. See link for more details on the race: https://www.spartan.com/en/race/detail/1880/overview?filter=sprint Key info:
- When: Sunday, May 21, 2017
- Where: Reveille Peak Ranch|105 CR 114 Burnet, TX 78611
- Event Q:We need one for the F3 Houston Pax. #leadership opportunity. Who wants it?
- Registration Info:
- Event:Spartan Sprint (NOT the Super)
- Heat: Sunday Morning, 1115-1200 Heat
- Team Name: F3Texas
- Password: Fish61
- Why:#CSAUP Races are signature events for the F3 Nation. The Spartan Race is a excellent chance to test your Fitness, growth in Fellowship and deepen your Faith (believe me, you will be praying during the race…) Ask any Pax who has done one, and they will tell you that #CSAUP events are their favorite F3 activity!!! #seeforyourself
- SCOPE 5K: Run for Colorectal Cancer. This is the next F3 Houston #CSAUP event. Pace Car and Cruiser are the Event Q’s. Colorectal cancer is bad news and especially prevalent in men. The plan if for an F3 workout before the run starts, and then crush the race. Some details are still being finalized, but here is what we have so far. See link for more details on the race:https://thedriven.net/event.race_reg/eid/7514234679?
- When: Saturday, March 25, 2017
- Where: Texas Medical Center, 1220 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX
- Start Time: 0800
- Event Q:Pace Car and Cruiser #Tclaps
- Registration Info: https://thedriven.net/event.race_reg/eid/7514234679?
- Team Name: F3 Nation (Make sure you register under our team)
- Donations: Pace Car and Cruiser are accepting donations. The goal is to reach $1000 to obtain Silver Level Sponsorship, which will put the F3 logo on the back of the race shirt.
- @F3_250.What the heck is this?!? Well, it is a challenge to the Pax to make a personal commitment to working out 250 times in 2017. F3 workouts count, as well as any 30+ minutes exercise sessioin you complete (yes, even with your M if you can last that long!?!). T’claps to Duggar who just completed the #F3twofiddy challenge this week. The Bishop, Britney, Cruiser and Duggar Hard Commits #HC for 2017. Time for YOU to step up for your own @F3_250 #accountability
- F3 COMZ. Because we are only working out together 3-4 hours a week, communication between the Pax is a key way to build our Fellowship as a group. #CommunicationIsKey There are multiple ways to stay in touch:
- Twitter. YHC highly encourages the PAX to get on Twitter. It’s not a scary as it sounds, and it’s a great source of real-time updates, #MumbleChatter and hilarious (and occassionally horrifying!?!) images from the PAX. If YHC can do it, then trust me that anyone can. Suggested Twitter handle: @F3[F3name].
- f3nation.com. This is the key resource for all things F3, but especially for the Backblasts, a written account of a Workout or Event that the Q Posts to a public forum. You can find the #BBs for F3 HOU here: http://f3nation.com/locations/houston-tx/
- Facebook. F3 Houston has both public and private pages (Duggar can get you access to the latter). It is a great place to look at pics and videos from our workouts.
- Word of the day – GROW RUCK: The combination of a G-School with a GORUCK IOT Accelerate the Leadership Development Process in a Nomad or Region.
Thanks for the chance to Lead.