YHC is not a professional, this workout is voluntarily and free of charge. Modify as needed, #YouAgainstYou, push yourself but don’t hurt yourself, use good form. Notify the Q of any serious medical conditions.
65* and 55% humidity>>> Better enjoy this, may be the last weather like this for a while> Let’s Mosey over to the Pool & Spa
#Warm Up >
- SSH x 10 IC
- Abe Vigoda x 10 IC
- Copperhead Squat x 20 IC
- Grass Grabber x 10 IC
- Hillbilly Walker x 10 IC
HIIT or High Intensity Interval Training is designed to get the heart rate up and burn fat. PLEASE, if you start to feel light headed>STOP IMMEDIATELY< Push yourself but don’t hurt yourself. You against you. Tabata Style 20 seconds of exercise followed by 10 seconds of rest.
- Freddy Mercury x 3 sets > 20 secs on – 10 secs off
- Big Boy Sit ups x 3 sets > 20 secs on – 10 secs off
- 60 second break
- Mountain Climbers x 3 sets > 20 secs on – 10 secs off
- Windshield Wipers x 3 sets > 20 secs on – 10 secs off
- 60 Second break
- American Hammer x 3 sets > 20 secs on – 10 secs off
- Reverse Crunch x 3 Sets > 20 secs on – 10 secs off
- 60 Second Break
- Oblique Crunch x 3 sets > Right side > 20 secs on – 10 secs off
- Oblique Crunch x 3 sets > Left side > 20 secs on – 10 secs off
- 60 Second Break
- Burpees x 3 sets > 20 secs on – 10 secs off
Mosey back to the Shovel Flag
Time left for a short round of
- Captain Thor x 5 IC
- Bird Dog x 10 IC L&R side
CountORama and NameORama:
18 PAX and one visitor “Bongo” who’s DR from New Orleans < Welcome >
- Announcements > Welcome Back Kotter aka HammerTime.
- Memorial Day > It is not a holiday, it’s a day of remembrance. TAP’s for all the men and women that have given the ultimate sacrifice in defense of this great nation. Remember them this week.
GrowRuck 03 – DRIVER NEEDED – New Orleans June 9-11 combines F3 Grow School with a GoRuck Tough. This is a custom GoRuck event, which has been specifically designed for F3 to help reinforce the Leadership Development training that the PAX will be exposed to over the course of the GR03. Ruck training is underway – to join the chatter on Band.
Convergence: YHC is seeking opinions on holding a “Convergence” on Saturday, June 17th prior to Fathers Day. This convergence would be held at Memorial Park. Normal 6-7 and 7-8 workouts with the 2.0’s joining us 0800 – 0830. Invitations to all “M’s” and “2.0’s” are highly encouraged and this would be a chance for more 2ndF. Need hard commits> Cruiser bringing breakfast tacos, Camo has adult beverages, Britney bringing donuts, Cannon bringing coffee.
Tough Mudder > Sat, 11/11/2017 9:00 AM – Sun, 11/12/2017 10:00 AM >5 Miles. 13 Obstacles. 1 Extraordinary Experience. Escape the ordinary with Tough Mudder Half Houston Presented by Merrell. Tough Mudder Half isn’t a race – it’s the best 5-mile mud obstacle course challenge on the planet (with no ice or electricity). Need Hard Commits> These fill up fast and get more expensive as they get closer to start date
Houston Spartan Sprint> March 24th > 3-5 miles, 20-23 Obstacles. The Reebok Spartan Sprint: This is our shortest distance. It is perfect for athletes of all levels; from Spartan first timers to seasoned racers. The 3-5 Mile Sprint may be our shortest distance but it packs more than 20 Signature Spartan Obstacles. If you think you can’t do it, you’re wrong. Get to the starting line and show yourself what you are capable of.
Twitter/Band: We have a good comms system going for F3 Houston via Twitter and Band. Get on either and look up F3 for regular updates and #Mumblechatter. Inferno or one of the other PAX (YHC included) can also help get you hooked up.