A record-breaking 17 F3 soldiers survived a Full Metal Jacket-style #beatdown in the #gloom while paying their dues to #TheGeneral. The sight of 2 FNGs (#ABH) made YHC proud enough to offer up a multitude of suicides to deliver the pain. Every good soldier needs their #DRP of #downpainment.
- YHC is not a professional instructor #IPlayOneOnTV. F3 workouts are voluntarily and free of charge (you’re here on your own accord). Modify as needed. Notify the Q of any serious medical conditions. Aye! #PushYourselfButDontHurtYourself #YouAgainstYou.
- Conditions were perfectly clear at 65° and 93% humidity. #bucketsofsweat
#WarmUp around the Shovel Flags
- SSHs (Side Straddle Hops) x21 IC (42x total) #breaktheice
- Windmills x10 IC (20x total) #stretchitout
- Burpees x10 OYO #getthebloodmoving
- Monkey Humpers x20 civilian cadence #feelyourhammys
- HRM (Hand-Release Merkin) Cycle x20 civilian cadence #thiswillmakeacomeback #crowdpleaser #wearyourgloves
- Diamond Merkin x1, hand release on up
- Merkin x1, hand release on up
- Wide-Arm Merkin x1, hand release on up
- Merkin x1, hand release on up
- RnR x5
- Burpee Indian Run / Mile (aka, Bataan Death March, or BIR Run thanks to Bishop)
- Double Applesauce mosey left on Stella Link, left on Blue Bonnett, left on Braes (pass the school #wejustgotstarted), left on Bellafontaine, left on Stella Link, back into The General’s Parking Lot
- PAX in the back drop to do Burpees 5x, then sprint to front of line, RnR through entire PAX
- Modify to normal Indian Run after 1 cycle
- Total: 5x Burpees, ~1.2 mi
- Partner up (1s and 2s)
- DLC Suicides starting at far end of The General’s Parking Lot
- Partner 1 does SSHs, AMRAP while Partner 2 does 1st leg of suicide, then switch, RnR
- 1st leg of suicide: Duck Walk to 1st light pole and back
- 2nd leg of suicide: Lunge Walk to 2nd light pole, run back #modifyonthefly
- 3rd leg of suicide: Bear Crawl to 3rd light pole, run back (Reverse Bear Crawl back if you’ve got the guts)
- Partner 1 does exercises while Partner 2 runs suicides (1st, 2nd, 3rd light pole), then switch, RnR until reps complete:
- 100x Merkins #militarystylepunishment
- 200x Squats #legbreakdown
- 300x LBCs (Little Baby Crunches) #absofsteel
- Total: 600x reps as above, ~0.75 mi
- Mosey back to Shovel Flags for COT
#CountORama and #NameORama
- 17 men, including 2 FNGs. A record-setting turnout at The General! Aye!
- Welcome FNGs Frank Hogan (Southpaw) and Todd Reppert (T-Rex). #NoOneNightStands
- T’claps to proud papas The Bishop (T-Rex) and Leprechaun (Southpaw).
#BoM (Ball of Man)
- T’claps to Whiskey for taking us out. TAPs go out to Hookup and T-Rex ahead of Sunday’s Houston Marathon.
- The #3rdF pulpit is open to any PAX member. You are all #FreedToLead, and every leader needs to find his “voice” among other men. Offering TAPs is a great way to do that.
- Military-grade suicides a la Full Metal Jacket today produced maximum amounts of sweat. #F3logosontheasphalt YHC designed this workout so you will remember him in 2 days #ItsSupposedToHurt but realized a few of the suicides may have been a bit aggressive – don’t worry, they’ll be back and we’ll be #stronger
- For those keeping score at home, we ran ~2.0 miles and burned ~500 calories #notbadforaweekday
- Our honorary 18th PAX posted again in the #gloom. Have to admire Mahjong for his consistency.
- Looking Ahead. A couple of workouts you don’t want to miss:
- Leprechaun’s Celebrity Beatdown v1.0 tomorrow at #TheHogg
- #DoubleDown this Saturday. #Downpainment will begin at 0600, followed by your normal #DRP at 0700. For those of you looking to get #Stronger (#NotABoyNotYetAMan), there is no better way than to #DoubleDown. #HitMeBabyOneMoreTime.
- Remember to put the EH on some FNGs for the Saturday workout. We need some more #homegrown F3 Houston PAX #ABH
- Twitter. YHC highly encourages the PAX to get on Twitter. It’s not a scary as it sounds (if the old guys can do it, so can you!), and it’s a great source of real-time updates, #MumbleChatter from the PAX and pics of men in blue spandex #NeverTakeEmOff. Suggested Twitter handle: @F3[F3name]. #CommunicationIsKey
- Backblast Comments. You’re likely reading this on F3Nation.com. YHC highly recommends getting a login ID and password, so you can comment and post for all of F3 Houston to see. #CommunicationIsKey #MumbleChatter
- F3 Apparel. T’claps to the PAX who are already sporting their own F3 logo gear. For the rest of you, place your orders! YHC is working on a #BadAss design for The General – coming at you very soon (finalizing design this week #skulls #blackjack). The Official Gear Store of F3 Nation is Mud Gear (www.f3.mudgear.com).
- Spartan Race. Please sign up for the first official F3 Texas (Houston, Dallas and San Antonio PAX) #CSAUP convergence. Quick summary, expect 4-5 miles with 20-23 obstacles, and lots of burpees. See link for more details on the race: https://www.spartan.com/en/race/detail/1880/overview?filter=sprint Key info:
- When: Sunday, May 21, 2017
- Where: Reveille Peak Ranch |105 CR 114 Burnet, TX 78611
- Event Q: We need one for the F3 Houston PAX. #leadership opportunity. Who wants it?
- Registration Info:
- Event: Spartan Sprint (NOT the Super)
- Heat: Sunday Morning, 1115-1200 Heat
- Team Name: F3Texas
- Password: Fish61
- Why: #CSAUP Races are signature events for the F3 Nation. The Spartan Race is a excellent chance to test your Fitness, growth in Fellowship and deepen your Faith (believe me, you will be praying during the race…) Ask any PAX who has done one, and they will tell you that #CSAUP events are their favorite F3 activity!!! #seeforyourself
- A number of F3 Houston PAX have already registered. #jointhefun
- @F3_250. What the heck is this?!? Well, it is a challenge to the PAX to make a personal commitment to working out 250 times in 2017. F3 workouts count, as well as any 30+ minutes exercise sessioin you complete (yes, even with your M if you can last that long!?!). T’claps to Duggar who completed the #F3twofiddy challenge for 2016. Britney, The Bishop, Duggar, Inferno and others are all Hard Commits #HC for 2017. Time for YOU to step up for your own @F3_250 #accountability
- GINGER KING: A particularly Zealous red-haired PAX (aka Leprechaun).
- The F3 Lexicon provides the PAX with a language that uniquely conveys and captures much of what we do and believe in F3. It seems trivial, but the Lexicon helps connect us and enriches our fellowship. Take some time to check it out. (http://www.f3nation.com/lexicon/)
Thanks for allowing me to bring the pain