12 PAX posted at #TheGeneral for the VQ by Fireball. T’Claps to those who made it out this morning for the sweat-o-rama!
YHC is not a professional instructor #clipboarder. F3 workouts are voluntarily and free of charge. It is important to use good form to complete the exercises, so ask for a demonstration if you need one. Take breaks if/when needed and/or modify exercises if you need to. The goal is to push yourself, but don’t hurt yourself. #YouAgainstYou Notify the Q of any serious medical conditions.
67° and humid #winterinhouston but at least the ground was wet!
Circle around the Flags
- SSH x 20 IC (40 total)
- IW x 20 IC (40 total)
- Windmill x 20 IC (40 total)
- Hillbillies x 20 IC (40 total)
- Moroccan Nightclub x 20 IC (40 total)
- Merkins x 15 IC (30 total)
Mosey around the block
- Single file Indian Run x2
Arrive at the Monuments of Glory for some heart rate acceleration
- Dips x 10 IC (20 total)
- In-and-outs (Knee ups) x 10 IC (20 total)
- Step ups (10 each leg) OYO
- Rinse and Repeat X3 and get your sweat on!
Mosey back to The General’s parking lot for some fun with Dora 1-2-3. Partner 1 runs 50 yard sprint forward and then backward to where they started, while Partner 2 exercises, completed the following as a team:
- 100 – Merkins #chiseledchest
- 200 – LBC’s #absofsteel
- 300 – squats #assgoodassitgets
The PAX that finished early planked up for the #6 #Why’sOurQinthe#6? (He probably did a few extra squats!!!)
Mosey back to the Shovel Flags for some a little floor work
- Flutter kicks – x20 IC (40 total) – the Q detects a moan from the PAX
- Rosalitas – x20 IC (40 total) – the Q confirms said moan from the PAX
- LBC’s x 20 IC (40 total) – it’s contagious, as multiple moans now emanating from the PAX
- Merkins x 10 IC (20 total) – #missionaccomplished
Transition to Circle of Trust
12 PAX, 1 FNG (Bobcat)
Warm welcome to Bobcat and shout-out to Whiskey for the EH – Tough workout for a first day. Almost warned you that you might want to save one of the two shirts for the ride home. #Change-o-ClothesHighlyRecommended
Ball of Man
Circle of Trust, Ball of Man and Thoughts and Prayers
- Reminder announcements made about 5k Race for Colorectal Cancer, the Spartan Race and F3 gear order deadline. (more info on both below)
- Whiskey took us out with final prayer.
- Great workout today with some heavy focus on abs, cardio, and legs. Thanks to all that came out and for making my VQ a great experience! #readytorepeat
- Highlights from the Gloom.
- Duggar showing up conveniently at the end of the torture #OnlyDryGuyAround
- Mahjong maintains his flawless attendance record #ironman
- Spartan Race. Please sign up for the first official F3 Texas(Houston, Dallas and San Antonio Pax) #CSAUP Quick summary, expect 4-5 miles with 20-23 obstacles, and lots of burpees. See link for more details on the race: https://www.spartan.com/en/race/detail/1880/overview?filter=sprint Key info:
- When: Sunday, May 21, 2017
- Where: Reveille Peak Ranch|105 CR 114 Burnet, TX 78611
- Event Q:We need one for the F3 Houston Pax. #leadership opportunity. Who wants it?
- Registration Info:
- Event:Spartan Sprint (NOT the Super)
- Heat: Sunday Morning, 1115-1200 Heat
- Team Name: F3Texas
- Password: Fish61
- Why:#CSAUP Races are signature events for the F3 Nation. The Spartan Race is a excellent chance to test your Fitness, growth in Fellowship and deepen your Faith (believe me, you will be praying during the race…) Ask any Pax who has done one, and they will tell you that #CSAUP events are their favorite F3 activity!!! #seeforyourself
- SCOPE 5K: Run for Colorectal Cancer. This is the next F3 Houston #CSAUP event. Pace Car and Cruiser are the Event Q’s. Colorectal cancer is bad news and especially prevalent in men. The plan if for an F3 workout before the run starts, and then crush the race. Some details are still being finalized, but here is what we have so far. See link for more details on the race:https://thedriven.net/event.race_reg/eid/7514234679?
- When: Saturday, March 25, 2017
- Where: Texas Medical Center, 1220 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX
- Start Time: 0800
- Event Q:Pace Car and Cruiser #Tclaps
- Registration Info: https://thedriven.net/event.race_reg/eid/7514234679?
- Team Name: F3 Nation (Make sure you register under our team)
- Donations: Pace Car and Cruiser are accepting donations. The goal is to reach $1000 to obtain Silver Level Sponsorship, which will put the F3 logo on the back of the race shirt.
- F3 Apparel. T’claps to the Pax who are already sporting their own F3 logo gear. For the rest of you, I quote Cramer on Mad Money – “Buy, Buy, Buy!” #flythecolors The Official Gear Store of F3 Nation is Mud Gear (www.f3.mudgear.com). Only 1 week left to order the two suggested items via links below:
- The Official Race Jersey of The General is here, and they are #badasserthanhell. T’Claps to Britney for Q’ing the shirt design and logistics.: www.f3.mudgear.com/collections/2016-official-f3-race-jersey-pre-order
- The Official F3 Houston Race Jersey is here, and they are #badasserthanhell. T’Claps to Inferno and Spewer for Q’ing this shirt design and logistics. www.f3.mudgear.com/products/f3-houston-pre-order
- @F3_250.What the heck is this?!? Well, it is a challenge to the Pax to make a personal commitment to working out 250 times in 2017. F3 workouts count, as well as any 30+ minutes exercise sessioin you complete (yes, even with your M if you can last that long!?!). T’claps to Duggar who just completed the #F3twofiddy challenge this week. The Bishop, Britney, Cruiser and Duggar Hard Commits #HC for 2017. Time for YOU to step up for your own @F3_250 #accountability
- F3 COMZ. Because we are only working out together 3-4 hours a week, communication between the Pax is a key way to build our Fellowship as a group. #CommunicationIsKey There are multiple ways to stay in touch:
- Twitter. YHC highly encourages the PAX to get on Twitter. It’s not a scary as it sounds, and it’s a great source of real-time updates, #MumbleChatter and hilarious (and occassionally horrifying!?!) images from the PAX. If YHC can do it, then trust me that anyone can. Suggested Twitter handle: @F3[F3name].
- f3nation.com. This is the key resource for all things F3, but especially for the Backblasts, a written account of a Workout or Event that the Q Posts to a public forum. You can find the #BBs for F3 HOU here: http://f3nation.com/locations/houston-tx/
- Facebook. F3 Houston has both public and private pages (Duggar can get you access to the latter). It is a great place to look at pics and videos from our workouts.
- Word of the Day (WOD): NAKED-MAN MOLESKIN. That portion of the BackBlast in which the Q describes interesting things about the Workout that are at least partially true. #funny #informative