- When: 03-24-2018
- QIC: Cruiser
- The PAX: Adam Nolan (FNG) aka Beignet and YHC Cruiser (RR)
Pretty dang nice, 72* and 80% humidity
I am not a professional. F3 workouts are free and voluntary, it’s #YouAgainstYou, modify as needed. Notify the Q or rest of PAX of any serious medical conditions #PushYourselfButDontHurtYourself.
CoP: Being the “Q” and in complete control of the workout, YHC was completely ready today for “SelfPunishment” for 6 days of less than normal workout activity, excessive input of carbs, adult beverages and just laziness, I was ready for a 1 hour workout on my own . I did manage a couple of runs and w/o’s with FERN, just really isn’t the same without my “Brothers of the Gloom”. Suddenly, with Ninja like form, Adam, aka Beignet snuck up on me. The “Q” was happy!!!!!! Enough of this, let’s get after it.
- SSH x 20 IC
- Abe Vigoda x 10 IC
- Copperhead Squat x 10 IC
- Merkin x 10 IC “FNG” Smiled, says he knows what a Merkin is.
- LBAC > F&B x 10 IC
Mosey around the park for more warmup, cuz “B.L.I.M.P.S. are on the menu
- B = 10 Burpees OYO > then run to the other side of the park
- L = Lunges x 20 OYO, alternating legs < Use Good Form > then run to the other side of the park
- I = Imperial Walkers x 30 IC > then run to the other side of the park
- M = Merkins x 40 “FNG” Smiled agian. Let’s see if he’s still smiling after 40 of them > then run to the other side of the park
- P = Plank Jacks x 50 > then run to the other side of the park
- S = Squats x 60 > then run to the other side of the park
Now, in between all these there was plenty time to discuss F3, the exercises and the #10Count and if you really need a break, never call on Britney for a 10 count. I also pointed out at the end of the BLIMPS, we still had 30 minutes to go.
Mosey over to the benches for some
- Step Up Skull Crushers x 20 IC. These are tough on the experienced PAX, Cadence, coordination, stamina all come into play
- Dips x 10 IC
- Incline Merkins x 10 IC
Mosey back to the Shovel Flags and introduce the FNG to “Mary”
- Big Boy Partner sit ups x 25 > with hand slap at the top. I may have found a weakness. Up to now FNG was doing pretty good.
- The Low Flutter x 20 IC > Yep, weakness. Head Up, press the belly button to the ground, stay in cadence, use good form
- Dolly x 20 IC
- Rosalita (Dolly’s older and spicier sister) x 20 IC
- Oblique Crunch x 10 IC > Both Sides
Lastly, some Broga, YHC really likes to stretch the hip flexors
- Figure 4 Piriformis stretch > Left and Right, hold for 30 seconds each
- Pigeon Stretch > Left and Right, hold for 30 seconds each
CountORama and NameORama
2 PAX, 1 FNG
Taps go out to my SIL Vicki who on the bright side received her new “Software” this week, she’s happy, although it was a painful procedure and she is still undergoing Chemo. As always we keep “PaceCars” co-workers in our TAP’s, Locksmith, his family and especially his father in our TAP’s and our FNG-Beignets father who’s undergoing some cardiac testing to make sure everything is working well. Lastly TAP’s for all our brothers that are doing the SCOPE run today to raise money for Colorectal Cancer Research. Great job PaceCar on putting this together, year 2 and another big turnout.
Well, Rome wasn’t built in a day and patience is a virtue. I on the other hand want everything to go quickly, correctly and I have little patience (but getting better). We’ll continue to EH, advertise and spread the F3 word to the NE side of town. I know in my heart this is a good thing and it will happen. With that, keep the pressure on friends in the industry, family etc that may be in the area to come join us. Next week we’re going to move to another location just because. Beignet came up with some thoughts on a name for the AO based on the area, the survival after Harvey and immediately “The Resurrection” came to my mind. Now this being the beginning of Holy Week on the Christian calendar really didn’t come to mind until after I said it, but this area is still in recovery. Many of the businesses are just now re-opening, some are still boarded up after Harvey. Lambo told the story of Jet Ski’s riding around the very location “Kingwood Town Center Park” during the flood. It’s truly amazing “The Resurrection” of the area.
Also, from “The Daily Stoic” from Xenophon’s 2,400 year old book about Cyrus the Great, he has Cyrus make this observation:
“In my experience, men who respond to good fortune with modesty are harder to find than those who face adversity with courage.”
Xenophon was an interesting writer. He was a student of Socrates, a Greek who sent his sons to be raised in the Spartan agoge, a man whose own life was defined by a singular act of nearly inhuman bravery in which he led 10,000 Greek soldiers trapped in Persia back home safely. Yet he was saying that actually courage wasn’t that rare. That modesty and self-control and humility are actually more impressive. And indeed he’s right. Particularly in today’s age of great prosperity.
*Austin Spartan Sprint – All Texas Pax Convergence*
> May 20th, 2018 – REVEILLE PEAK RANCH, BURNET TX – More details here.
*GoRuck Light Houston
- Sunday, May 27th > 4-5 HOURS, 7-10 MILES. LIGHT = FUN ON A TEAM. AVERAGE COMPLETION RATE: 100%
- Sign Up and more details> https://www.goruck.com/event-12935/
- Memorial Day is an opportunity to ruck for those who have served to preserve our freedom and paid the ultimate sacrifice…America’s Fallen. We build bridges between the civilian and military worlds at GORUCK, and Cadre and Ruckers alike are expected to bring a photo and a story of someone who lost their life during their service to our country. Never Forget.
For those few of you who have not yet signed on – get onto BAND today, either via smartphone app (links here: apple / android), or via the website. This is our new preferred Comz Channel going forward – download it and join the band called “F3 Houston” to get all the info on F3 Houston. Here is where you can learn who are the upcoming Qs, sign up yourself to be the Q, read our Backblasts for each WO, learn details of our next CSAUPs, and as usual, make fun of the guys in the Pax in general with some good ol’ Mumble Chatter.
YHC – Cruiser
As usual, it’s an honor to lead this group. Thank You