25 PAX lined up for their DRP and a Cruiser > Arm & Core workout.
YHC is not a professional instructor. This workout if free of charge, you’re here of you own free will. Push yourself but don’t hurt yourself, modify the exercise if you need to but use good form. Notify the Q of any serious medical conditions. Grab your coupons and let’s mosey.
#Conditions > A Moist 71 degrees, 95% humidity.
#TheMosey > Well, it’s almost summer and vacations at the beach and trips to the pool will soon be upon us. YHC decided it was time for Arms & Abs to be whipped into shape, especially since YHC is headed to Hawaii in 3 months. So we headed over to the Bushwood Country Club with our coupons. PAX will carry the coupons in a 90*-arm-curl position > Palms ups. On the call “Switch” the PAX will carry the coupons in the 90*-arm-curl postion > Palms in or “hammer style”. On the call “Switch” the PAX will carry the coupons in the 90*-arm-curl position > Palms down. It was about this point the the mid-wife noises started. Arriving at Bushwood, Q called “Circle Up” Let the Herding of Cats begin.
- Modified SSH x 15 > With coupons
- Abe Vigoda x 15 > With or w/o coupons
- Grass Grabbers x 15 > With or w/o coupons
- Merkins x 10 > On the coupons
# The Thang
- Curls & Reverse Curls > with Coupons > Palms up on the up, Palms down on the down. Use good form, elbows in x 40 In Cadence
- Overhead Tricep Press > With Coupons > x 40 In Cadence
- Super 21 Curls (Q fail on the explanation) but we managed. Use good form, elbows in, slow on the down.
- First 21 are 1/2 curls from the bottom to 90*
- Second 21 are 1/2 curls from the 90* to the top
- Third 21 are full curls > good form, elbows in, feel the burn
- On your 6 for some core work
- Low Flutter x 20 IC
- The Dolly x 20 IC > and recover for more arm workout
- Overhead Tricep Press > With Coupons > x 20 In Cadence
- Overhead Press > with coupons x 15 In Cadence
- On your 6 for more core
- American Hammer x 20 In Cadence > With Coupons
- High Flutter x 20 In Cadence
- Rosalita x 20 In Cadence
- Side Plank Coupon Raise x 20 In Cadence > Both Left & Right Sides
- Mosey back to the Shovel Flag > Using the same 90*-arm-curl position > Changing the hold on my call to “Switch” > Lots of MC
- Upon arrival back at the shovel flag > just a little more arm work
- Overhead Tricep press > With Coupons x 20 In cadence
- Curls > With Coupons x 25 normal In Cadence x 10 rapid cadence x 5 insane cadence
- Getting the Guns ready for Summertime > Thinking of our good friend F3HammerTime who’s on IR. Get well soon.
CountORama and NameORama:
25 PAX including “ManUp” DR from Atlanta < welcome >, 0 FNGs
TAPs continue to HammerTime and Hostage’s family as well as The Bishops friend mentioned this morning. Special welcome back to our DR friend F3Stakeout back in action from a very scary IR event.
YHC took us out reminding us we have so many things to be thankful for and to keep our soldiers, sailors, airmen, police and firefighters who put their lives on the line for us daily in TAP’s.
- Spartan Race on May 21
- GrowRuck June 9-11
- *Convergence” We’d like to get everyone’s thoughts on a convergence of local AO’s. Plan is to meet at The Hogg, Saturday, June 17th (day before Fathers Day) inviting the M’s and 2.0’s to attend as a meet and greet all the people that are so special in our lives. Thoughts? Ideas?
Spartan Race. The first official F3 Texas (Houston, Dallas and San Antonio PAX) #CSAUP convergence. Quick summary, expect 4-5 miles with 20-23 obstacles, and lots of burpees. See link for more details: https://www.spartan.com/en/race/detail/1880/overview?filter=sprint
Key info / THERE’s Still TIME to sign up:
◾ When: Sunday, May 21, 2017; Where: Reveille Peak Ranch|105 CR 114 Burnet, TX 78611; Event Q:We need one for the F3 Houston PAX. #leadership opportunity. Who wants it? Registration Info: ◾ Event:Spartan Sprint (NOT the Super) Heat: Sunday Morning, 1115-1200 Heat; Team Name: F3Texas; Password: Fish61
◾ GrowRuck 03 – New Orleans
- New Orleans June 9-11 combines F3 Grow School with a GoRuck Tough. You don’t want to miss this! If you’re sitting on the fence about this event, sign up today. This is a custom GoRuck event, which has been specifically designed for F3 to help reinforce the Leadership Development training that the PAX will be exposed to over the course of the GR03. As a FenceSitter, you will have nothing but regret for a long time to come, as the PAX that do participate come back and retell story after story of this transformative experience. So, don’t miss out – sign up! http://bit.ly/2nWxT5H ◾ Ruck training is underway – to join the chatter on Band, let Inferno or Leprechaun (local event Q) know. Rucking is a fun workout, join us even if you can’t make the event.
F3 COMZ. Because we are only working out together 3-4 hours a week, communication between the Pax is a key way to build our Fellowship as a group. #CommunicationIsKey There are multiple ways to stay in touch… start with “BAND” – download here: http://band.us/n/a7a8Uek6x3Y7H < Also, if you haven’t opened a TWITTER account please do so. It’s easy, it’s painless, #OldFartApproved > Set it up with your F3 nickname, friend the Houston F3 guys and you’ll be notified when things are happening with the PAX.
As always, it is an honor and privilege to lead this group. Cruiser out>