14 Pax took their #DRP and posted in #TheGloom at The Hogg for the first (unannounced) muscle group focused #beatdown, in this case the Core.
YHC is not a professional instructor #clipboarder. F3 workouts are voluntarily and free of charge. It is important to use good form to complete the exercises, so take a break, ask for a demonstration and/or modify if you need to. Push yourself, but don’t hurt yourself. #youagainstyou Notify the Q of any serious medical conditions. Aye!
After a brief brush with Artic temperatures, we were back to our regularly scheduled climate conditions: 64° with 90% humidity. It was windy with clear skies. Beautiful morning, but we were back to producing our usual quantities of #sweat
Mosey through the parking lot. Along the way do Agility Drills weaving between the pilings. Then head across to the El Camino Real and hang a right. At Bushwood Country Club, take advantage of #freevaletparking for the Circle of Pain.
– Plank Jacks x 20 IC
– Mountain Climbers x 20 IC
– Freddy Mercury x 20 IC
– Peter Parker x 20 IC
– Parker Peter x 20 IC
– LBCs x 20 IC
Mosey to the Driving Range for a little rail and tee box work.
– Donkey Kicks over the rail x 20 OYO
– Dolly x 20 IC
– Low Flutter x 20 IC
– Donkey Kicks x 20 OYO
– High Flutter x 20 IC
– Rosalita x 20 IC
Mosey back to the ECR then hang a left. Mix it up with some well timed Side Shuffle L/R, Backpeddle and Karaoke L/R on our way to the Fun Deck for… Core FUN! #alwaysaparty
– Knee Ups x 19 (yes 19 not 20!) IC
– American Hammer x 19 IC
Mosey over to the Great Wall for some Partner work.
– Partner 1 does Hip Slappers on the GW, while Partner 2 runs a lap. Flapjack.
– Partner 1 does Decline Mountain Climbers on the GW, while Partner 2 runs a lap. Flapjack.
Mosey back along the ECR to the Fun Deck for… more Core FUN!
– Knee Ups x 20 IC
– American Hammer x 20 IC
Resume mosey working in Butt Kickers and High Knees along the ECR as we headed back to Bushwood Country Club #freevaletparking for Plank-o-Rama.
– Regular x 15 IC
– R/L Arm High x 15 IC
– Regular x 15 IC
– R/L Leg Up x 15 IC
– R/L Arm Out Front x 15 IC
– Elbows x 1 IC
Resume mosey crossing the road to the Garden of Tranquility and then back to the Shovel Flags for COT. But first… Oblique Crunches L/R x 10 IC while Duggar gets his iPhone. #overtime #itwasfreeofchargeCount-O-Rama
14 men, including 1 FNG. Aye!
#FNG Welcome Seuss (Sam Curtis) – strong work today! Seuss is a native of the 404 and a Fresno State Bulldog. He will need all of his Orthopedic and Compound Pharmacy (is that legal?!?) training to recover from today’s Core work. Great to have you out there with us Seuss! #MakeTheNameEpic Come on back for seconds. #noonenightstands Duggar is the #ProudPapa, with another B’day Party pick-up. It may be stalkerish, but it is a damn effective #EH tactic.
BoM (Ball of Man)
In honor of the upcoming Thanksgiving Holiday, the Pax gathered in a BoM to remember the many blessings in our lives, but we particularly offered Thoughts and Prayers (TAPs) for those who are less fortunate, hungry, homeless, lonely, depressed. Afterwards, Cruiser offered TAPs for the men and women of the Armed Forces of the United States of America, their families and the #sacrifices they make for all of us.
– T’claps to the Pax today. Normally, a Q offers a balanced assortment of core, chest, arm and leg exercises, while keeping the heart rate high with a good bit of running. However, that isn’t the only way to deliver a #beatdown. YHC worked to put a bunch of stomach and back exercises together for a #CoreMeltdown designed to achieve #TBQ (Total Bowel Quiver). You will feel it tomorrow!!! Oh, we also ran about two miles to keep it interesting.
– Microphone Anyone?!? It isn’t easy calling cadence in the best of circumstances, but it is damn hard during a serious Core #downpainment with leaf blowers going all around the Pax. #DidMyBest Thanks for hanging with me.
– Sightseeing. Lots of nice ripe #Tomatoes along the ECR this morning. One in particular distracted the Q so much that he lost count during the first Fun Deck set. #ItHappens YHC did his best to provide good viewing angles for the Pax. Does that make me a #professional!?!
– New Exercise. The Decline Mountain Climbers seemed to be a #crowdpleaser Definitely putting those in the Exercon. #wheelhouse
– Wednesday Workout. Britney reminded the Pax that there will be a 0530 workout at Pershing Middle School off Stella Link Road in West U. Full disclosure: the forecast calls for rain. One of the fundamental pillars of F3 is that all workouts are held outdoors, rain or shine, hot or cold. #embracethesuck
– Thanksgiving Workout. Duggar will be Q’ing the Thursday workout this week. Since it is Thanksgiving, Duggar thought it would be nice to let you sleep in another 30 minutes – he is a swell guy! – so the workout will launch at 0600. Thanksgiving is a family holiday, so bring your sons, brothers, fathers, brothers-in-law, fathers-in-law, cousins, neighbors and/or strangers you meet at birthday parties (Duggar…). It is a chance to show these men what F3 is all about. Will it help that they think you are a badass afterwards?!? Yeah, yeah it will… You will be able to dawg on them all day!!!
– F3 Apparel. Inferno reminded us that today is the last day to pre-order your Official F3 Houston Race Jersey. Get them while you can. They are #badasserthanhell. www.f3.mudgear.com/products/f3-houston-pre-order As a special bonus, you can also order The Official 2016 F3 Nation Race Jersey: www.f3.mudgear.com/collections/2016-official-f3-race-jersey-pre-order
– Word of the Day (WOD): THIRD F: The “Faith”, in F3. What is Faith? F3 is an interfaith organization. Each man’s faith journey and religious choice is a personal decision. We respect all religious traditions, and all are welcome in F3. All we ask is that you believe in something greater than yourself and support the right of others to make their own personal faith choices.
Aye! The Bishop