Seventeen PAX fought the fartsack temptation and posted in the #Gloom for another wet and blustery (for Houston) #Beatdown
* YHC is not a professional instructor #IPlayOneOnTV. F3 workouts are voluntarily and free of charge (you’re here on your own accord). Modify as needed. #PushYourselfButDontHurtYourself #YouAgainstYou. Notify the Q of any serious medical conditions. Aye!
* Chilly and blustery at 50°. The ground was very wet and muddy from rain this week and we had a cold mist with a strong wind which presented our colors and F3 flags quite well!
* MOSEY behind the church for Side Straddle Hops (SSHs) x 20 /Windmill x 15 and Imperial Walker x 20 Church Back Lot
* Enjoyed some Love Sack work with partners. One PAX runs a lap around the lot while his partner does Over Head Press w 50 pound sacks, Squats with sacks (AMRAP), and 5 Merkins with sack on back alternating each exercise while partner runs a lap around lot.
* Circled up tightly and passed sacks to the left and then flapjack.
* Mosey on over to the pool lot
* Circled around concrete ledge of playground doing 20x Dips, flutter, StepUp (10 each side OYO), V-Up. Rinse and repeat
* MOSEY to the pool lot to say hello to a Dora-esq workout:
* 100 over head claps/50 Squat jumps/ and 25 Burpees alternating with partner
* Time ran out so Mosey on to the flags
#CountORama and #NameORama
* 17 men. No FNG’s
* Great workout today with a balance of cardio, upper body and lower body.
* Good use of extra added weight of sacks.
* YHC is happy to see Duggar push through the pain today knowing his right arm continues to trouble.
Looking Ahead. A couple of workouts you don’t want to miss:
* Leprechaun’s VQ at The Hogg on Tuesday. Could be bad luck to fart sack.
* 1/2/(F)3 Convergence. Each year on January 1st, it is traditional in F3 Nation to have a “Convergence” in honor of F3’s founding on 1/1/11. Since the 1st falls on a Sunday this year, we have called an audible to move it to January 2nd (and it also takes the hangover excuse of the table #NoExcuses). The 1/2/(F3) Convergence is intended to pull together everyone who has participated in a F3 Houston workout for a combined, extended event. A particular focus for the Convergence is for each member of the Pax to bring out FNGs (note: the plural was intentional!). Most guys are “New Year’s resolutionists” (“I need to get in shape this year…”), so it is a great time to bring them out to F3. It is also a great time to celebrate 3 months of F3 Houston #badassery More details to follow.
* Remember to put the EH on some FNGs for the Saturday workout. We need some more #homegrown F3 Houston PAX #ABH
* Twitter. YHC highly encourages the PAX to get on Twitter. It’s not a scary as it sounds (if the old guys can do it, so can you!), and it’s a great source of real-time updates, #MumbleChatter from the PAX and pics of men in blue spandex #NeverTakeEmOff. Suggested Twitter handle: @F3[F3name]. #CommunicationIsKey
* Backblast Comments. You’re likely reading this on F3Nation.com. YHC highly recommends getting a login ID and password, so you can comment and post for all of F3 Houston to see. #CommunicationIsKey #MumbleChatter
* F3 Apparel. T’claps to the PAX who are already sporting their own F3 logo gear. For the rest of you, order your Christmas presents now! #TimeIsRunningOut #FlyTheColors The Official Gear Store of F3 Nation is Mud Gear (www.f3.mudgear.com).
* CONVERGENCE: A gathering of two or more Groups for a specific Event.
* The F3 Lexicon provides the PAX with a language that uniquely conveys and captures much of what we do and believe in F3. It seems trivial, but the Lexicon helps connect us and enriches our fellowship. Take some time to check it out. (http://www.f3nation.com/lexicon/)
Thanks for allowing me to bring the pain!