The General (YHC) handed out a pre-birthday present to a record-setting 20 PAX this AM #DRP #downPAINment. This brutal #BeatDown is described in all its glory below…
- YHC is not a professional instructor #IPlayOneOnTV. F3 workouts are voluntarily and free of charge #YouAgainstYou. Modify as needed. Notify the Q of any serious medical conditions #PushYourselfButDontHurtYourself. Aye!
- 54°, 80% humidity, clear #Refreshing #HoustonWinterIsHoldingOn
#WarmUp around the Shovel Flags
- SSHs x21 IC
- Windmills x10 IC
- Grass Grabbers x10 IC
- Tin Soldiers x20 IC
Mosey down to the General’s Streetball Courts and line up on one side of the courts
- Animal Burpee Walk
- PAX animal walks across the court on Q’s call, 7x burpees on the other side, RnR 5x:
- Bear Crawl, 7x burpees
- Duck Walk, 7x burpees
- Reverse Bear Crawl, 7x burpees
- Frog Jump, 7x burpees
- Crab Walk, 7x burpees
- 2 10-counts help keep everyone together #HeartRateIsUp
- 35 total burpees signify YHC’s pending bday – turning 36 tomorrow. Aye!
PAX lines up single file facing Stella Link
- Walk Like an Egyptian
- Modified Indian Run where entire PAX lunges forward right leg and holds while last PAX sprints to front of line, then entire PAX steps forward and holds left leg lunge, RnR until reach far end of The General’s Parking Lot
- New one for the PAX. Lots of groans. Took a few sprints for YHC to figure out a good rhythm and pattern. #CrowdFavorite #LookForThisOneAgain
- Indian Run (single-file, sprint x2) down Stella Link / Bellafontaine / Braes through The General’s Courtyard (aka Cruiser’s Courtyard) to the Hall of Pain #LetThePainContinue
Partner Up (1s and 2s) and grab some wall
- People’s Sit-Ups
- Partner 1: People’s Chair
- Partner 2: Big Boy Sit-Ups x30 (lock feet with Partner 1)
- RnR x5 #ItsStartingToHurt #ComfortableTailBones
- After 2 sets, reduce to x20 reps #ModifyOnTheFly
Mosey back to the Shovel Flags for a (pre)BDAY Surprise
- Burpees x10 OYO #CrowdFavorite
- Diamond Merkins x10 civilian cadence (CC)
- American Hammer x20 IC #RememberThoseTailBones
- Yule Brenner on Q’s call
- 5x Carolina Dry Dock CC
- 5x Crucible Merkin (wide with hands facing out) CC
- 5x Wide Merkin CC
- 5x Merkin CC
- 5x Ranger Merkin CC #WhenDoesThisEnd
- 5x Diamond Merkin CC #NotAgain
- 5x Hand-release Merkin CC #EveryLastOunce
Recover for CoT
#CountORama and NameORama
- 20 PAX (a new record for The General!). No FNGs. 2H by Lil Papi, Mr. Clean and Inhaler (converted from The Yard AO at Condit Elementary) #AdditionByDivision #NoOneNightStands
- MD Anderson SCOPE 5k Run #CSAUP
When: Saturday, March 25th at 0800 (following an F3 workout nearby)
We have set up a team for F3 Nation, for more info contact PaceCar or Cruiser, and consider donating to MD Anderson Colorectal Cancer awareness via PaceCar or Cruiser to help F3 make the Gold Sponsor level – we’re almost there! Aye!
- Spartan Race #CSAUP
When: Sunday, May 21st
Where: Reveille Peak Ranch (105 CR 114 Burnet, TX 78611)
Event Q: We need one for the F3 Houston PAX. #leadership opportunity. Who wants it?
Event: Spartan Sprint (NOT the Super)
Heat: Sunday Morning, 1115-1200 Heat
Team Name: F3Texas
- Whiskey took us out, asking the Sky Q to help make us better husbands, fathers, and men.
- For those keeping track at home, today’s totals were ~1.2 miles and ~400 calories burned with #PlentyOfPain.
- YHC tried to mix it up a bit today with some wall work, partner time, plenty of burpees #birthdaygift and some new exercises #crowdpleasers. Walk Like and Egyptian is sure to make a comeback.
- Our honorary member Mahjong continues his perfect attendance record. He’s starting to engage with the PAX with a friendly “hello” before our workout began. #SlowlyHeadlocking #ABH
- Plenty of burpees today killed any motivation for extracurricular Spartan Race training. #MaybeTomorrow
- Welcome back Whiskey after a few weeks on boondoggle up in the mountains and down at sea level (Cuba). #WhereAreTheCigars? #WelcomeBackCotter
- Plenty of Mumble Chatter today, with echoes in the Hall of Pain to boot!
- Saturday: 0600 and 0700 The Hogg and 0630 at The Yard
- Need a Q for 0700 at The Hogg
- The Wreck stepped it up big time for a VQ at The Yard this Saturday. #SteppinOnUp #ComeGetSome
- @F3_250. You’ve heard about it. 250 workouts in 2017. Includes F3, Fern, and any other 30+ minute workout. Time for YOU to step up for your own @F3_250 #accountability
- Twitter & F3Nation website: Sign up to stay informed and bust b@llz. #CommunicationIsKey #VirtualMumbleChatter
- MUMBLE CHATTER: Talking incessantly during the Workout to Inspire the Q, encourage the other PAX and/or connect with FNGs. http://f3nation.com/lexicon/
Thank you for allowing me to bring the pain!