“Be Prepared for What You Expect, Get Ready for What you Don’t Expect” – Dredd at GrowRuck ‘17
The PAX: Camo, Whiskey, Hookup, Fire & Ice, The Wreck, Pace Car, Pot o’ Gold, Shug, The Bishop, Scalpel, Weezer, Rose Bowl, JR Ewing, Britney, Duggar, Inferno
YHC is not a professional and I don’t play one on TV. F3 workouts are free and voluntary. Use good form and don’t be afraid to ask for a demonstration. Modify if you need to modify. Push yourself, but don’t hurt yourself! #youagainstyou
Schwetty as it’s ever been in the gloom. Humidity in the 80s, but temp in the 70s.
Warm it Up:
Mosey to BWCC parking lot. The tractor mounted leaf blower was out in force, although unclear if there were actually any leaves in the parking lot. #TaxDollarsatWork
- SSH 15x
- Abe Vigodas 15x
- LBAC 15x – Little Baby Arm Circles, both directions
- Grass Grabbers 15x
This was an unplanned Q, so YHC was winging it. I reverted back to some of my old favorites.
Head on over to the driving range for some pole action.
- 10x Donkey Kicks OYO
- 10x Aussie Pullups OYO
- 10X Derkins OYO
- 10X One Legged Squats using the pole (OYO)
- Rinse and Repeat
Indian Runs to the Fun Deck.
- 15x Dips
- 10x Step ups, each leg
- 15x American Hammer
- 10x Derkins
- 10x Skull crushers
- Rinse and Repeat
Indian run back to the shovel flags, with a stop along the way at the benches to collect up the 6. We had about 8 minutes to burn back at the flags, so we did some hazing err… circle exercises.
- One at a time – 5 monkey humpers, run around the circle, assume the monkey squat position
- 5 merkins, run, plank position
- 5 squats, run, air chair position
FEELLL THE BUURRRRNNN!
17 Pax, no FNGs.
Ball of Man:
Remember those who are struggling in relationships and for all the blessings we have. Camo took us out.
So, my recent efforts to conserve fartsack time by showing up at #thehogg two minutes before each workout backfired. I was the last person to show up this fine morning and as I stepped out of my truck, I heard “Wanna Q today?” – not in the “Hey, maybe this is something you’d be interested in..” tone, but more in the “You don’t have a choice…” tone. What the heck? I said yes, and started to make it up on the fly.
Despite no prep time, I had a blast and the workout went great. I also got to thinking about some common excuses for not Q’ing and how they’re all really complete BS. Here we go:
- “I don’t have time to prepare a 45 min workout in my spare time”: This has been my go-to excuse and just means you’re overthinking it. Being unprepared to Q this AM was liberating as it taught me the silliness of over preparing. We have the opportunity to get 6 beat downs a week (F3 Gears makes 7), so there are plenty of workouts and plenty of leaders to learn from. Don’t be afraid to plagiarize something you liked about another man’s Q. Just add your own personal touch. If you have a short attention span like I do, take a small sheet of paper and write down two or three locations (Fun Deck, Memorial Motor Speedway, etc) and three exercises for each location. Then just let the creative juices flow for a great workout.
- “I don’t want to embarrass myself”: Does anyone remember Inferno’s VQ where he popped his hammy 5 minutes into the workout? Bishop grabbed the ball that day and delivered a great beatdown. Since then, we have regularly poked fun at Inferno for said incident, but he has been crushing workouts as Q ever since and is a leader in F3 Nation that we can look up to. We are out here to lift each other up – we all Co-Q every work out
- “My schedule is hectic, I don’t want to end up flaking on a workout” – get a back-up or worst case, let someone know the night before if you have to miss your Q. Life will go on without you and you can Q the next workout.
I will be the first to admit that I haven’t been Q’ing as much as I should. We all owe it to our F3 brothers to lead. Who’s up next?!?
Thanks for the Opportunity to lead. BOOM!