15 PAX posted at 0530 #TheHogg – first workout with Daylight Savings Time (back to serious #ITG) and the new Hogg Shirt #badassery.
YHC is not a professional instructor. F3 workouts are voluntarily and free of charge. Modify as needed. #YouAgainstYou. Notify the Q of any serious medical conditions. Aye!
Glorious! 48F with light to moderate winds.
Mosey through the St Theresa back parking lot, with Agility Drills: Side Shuffle (R/L), Back Peddle, Carioke (R/L), Butt Kickers, High Knees.
Circle of Pain
- SSH x 30 IC
- Arm-o-rama: LBAC (F/R), Lightbulbs, Moroccan Nightclub 10x IC; BBAC (F/R) x5 OYO
- Speed Lunge (R/L) x5 IC
- BLIMPS – instructional style: 1 Burpee, 2 Lunges, 3 Imperial Walkers, 4 Merkins, 5 Plank Jacks, 6 squats
Mosey over to the driving range at Bushwood Country Club.
SLAM (Speed Lunge, Aussie pull up, Merkin). 6-minute SLAM (a.k.a., WoooOOOooo, Ric Flair!) broken up into quarters today with a 15 second grace period.
- SL – speed lunge (R/L) x25
- A – Aussie merkin (or pull-up – naming convention under review) x13
- M – x25
OYO in 1:45. RnR x4 (~30 seconds rest b/w sets). When you complete, and many did, salute the PAX with WoooOOOooo, Ric Flair!
Mosey over to north parking lot (The Landing Strip?). BLIMPS time.
Perform BLIMPS exercise (all OYO), run to end of parking lot, perform BLIMPS exercise, run back, etc. Continue until BLIMPS is/are complete.
- 10 Burpees
- 20 Lunges (each leg)
- 30 Imperial Walkers (each side)
- 40 Merkins
- 50 Plank Jacks
- 60 Squats
Mosey back to the Shovel Flags, taking the scenic route over the Bridge to Nowhere.
Alternating sets of:
- Iron Cross Merkins (x10 OYO) and Werkins (x10 OYO).
- RnR x3 (note: only 6 Werkins in the last set, that’s 200 for the day! Aussie “Merkins” / Pull-ups don’t count)
Some moaning and groaning about tight legs led to a Q-Mod:
- Grass Grabbers x20 IC
- Abe Vigoda x7 IC (time is up)
CountORama and NameORama:
15 PAX, no FNGs.
Announcements: Usual reminders: MD Anderson Run on March 25; Spartan Race on May 21; GrowRuck.
TAPs: Camo and Bishop, heal up soon.
Cruiser took us with thanks to the Sky Q.
Ye Olde NakedManMoleskin
Simple but effective #DRP today. Lots of legs and merkins, with some SLAM cardio and running mixed in.
The PAX made quick work of the 6-minute SLAM in quarters. Next time: thirds. Houston PAX are Accelerating physically.
Some guys win an Oscar. Some guys win a Super Bowl MVP. And some very lucky guys get a “good form” from C.A. Booyah!
SCOPE 5K: Run for Colorectal Cancer. This is the next F3 Houston #CSAUP event. Pace Car and Cruiser are the Event Q’s. Colorectal cancer is bad news and especially prevalent in men. The plan if for an F3 workout before the run starts, and then crush the race. Some details are still being finalized, but here is what we have so far:
- When: Saturday, March 25, 2017
- Where: Texas Medical Center, 1220 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX
- Start Time: 0800
- Event Q: Pace Car and Cruiser #Tclaps
- Registration Info: https://thedriven.net/event.race_reg/eid/7514234679?
- Team Name: F3 Nation (Make sure you register under our team)
- Donations: Pace Car and Cruiser are accepting donations towards obtaining a Gold Level Sponsorship, which will put the F3 logo on the back of the race shirt. The goal is to reach $3000. #givewhatyoucan
- Spartan Race. Please sign up for the first official F3 Texas(combined Houston, Dallas and San Antonio Pax) #CSAUP Quick summary, expect 4-5 miles with 20-23 obstacles, and lots of burpees. See link for more details on the race: https://www.spartan.com/en/race/detail/1880/overview?filter=sprintKey info:
- When: Sunday, May 21, 2017
- Where: Reveille Peak Ranch|105 CR 114 Burnet, TX 78611
- Event Q: We need a Q for the F3 Houston Pax. #leadershipopp Who wants it?
- Registration Info:
- Event:Spartan Sprint (NOT the Super)
- Heat: Sunday Morning, 1115-1200 Heat
- Team Name: F3Texas
- Password: Fish61
- Why: #CSAUP Races are signature events for the F3 Nation. The Spartan Race is a excellent chance to test your Fitness, growth in Fellowship and deepen your Faith (believe me, you will be praying during the race…) Ask any Pax who has done one, and they will tell you that #CSAUP events are their favorite F3 activity!!! #seeforyourself
GrowRuck 03 – New Orleans June 9-11 combines F3 Grow School with a GoRuck Tough. Details to follow. Have no doubt, this will be a transformative event for the PAX that do it, as well as for F3 Houston and F3 Texas. Get excited!
F3 COMZ. Because we are only working out together 3-4 hours a week, communication between the Pax is a key way to build our Fellowship as a group. #CommunicationIsKey There are multiple ways to stay in touch: Twitter, Facebook, F3Nation.com
F3 Swag. T-shirt orders for The Hogg are closed, but place your orders on the Wait List to build us up for another order. Also, check out 2017’s limited time National Race Jersey at: https://f3.mudgear.com/collections/2017-official-f3-race-jersey-pre-order. Order by 21st March!
ACCELERATION: Increase in the pace of Movement. http://f3nation.com/lexicon/
Thank you for the opportunity to lead.