- When: 31 March 18
- QIC: Beta
- The PAX: Camo, Hundo, Skipper, Choo Choo, Neutron, Carburetor, Knob Creek, Tomahawk (kotter), Tater, Headlock, KFC, Eastbound (FNG- Kenny Powers), Elvis (FNG- Rick Vargas), Cage (FNG- Francisco Vargas)
Guest Q time for YHC, considered labeling both Neutron and YHC as DR. In reality, it not that far boys, go explore.
Knob Creek arrived right at 0700 and proceeded to sweat out his namesake for the next 60minutes. Something about heating the pool and drinking. Choo Choo, I saw you sneak in the back at 0701
Camo labeled it California weather, though I think that’s fake news as Camo surely has not stepped foot in the people’s republic. 60 degrees and rising through the workout, clear skies, full moon.
YHC is not a professional. F3 workouts are voluntary and FREE – you are here voluntarily #YouAgainstYou. Modify as needed. Notify the Q or rest of Pax of any serious medical conditions #PushYourselfButDontHurtYourself. Q has phone, Knob Creek has the six. and Camo has Knob Creek.
- SSH x10 IC
- IW x10 IC
- Tin Soldier x10 IC
- Carolina Dry Dock x10 IC, hold plank for next exercise
- Merkin x10 IC, hold plank
- 2 leg mountain climber x10 IC, hold plank
- Copperhead Squat x10 IC
- Broga Sun B (stand, drop, down dog, plank, merkin, up dog, merkin, jump forward, stand up) x5 IC
Mosey to the sand pit for “hit the sand”
- High knees in place
- When Q says “DROP” hit the sand and do a merkin, then back to high knees
- 2 minutes, we probably did 10 merkins, YHC lost count
Partner up for a 4 corners mini-dora
- Two teams per corner of the pit
- P1 runs to middle and back, P2 exercises
- Merkin x25, Derkin x25, Incline Merkin x25 Partner count
- plank for six, then plank-o-rama with whole pax.
Mosey to Mason Creek through the hood
- Jailbreak from stopsign to bridge
- 50 speed lunges
- 25 merkins
- 25 toe touches (tomahawk audible, as Q’s choice of bar was a little low) lay on back and touch toes to handrail
- AMRAP in 3 minutes
- RR (crowd pleaser)
Mosey to the bunny patch
- Oh, wait! Stop at the bonus bar. YHC spied another feature and made up for the Aussies
- 25 Aussie Merkins IC (civilian count)
- 10 aussies IC CC
- 10 aussies IC CC
- 5 aussies IC CC
NOW mosey to the bunny patch
- pick and “Easter egg”
- triceps extensions w egg x10 IC
- curls with egg x10 IC
YHC might have been aggressive with the mosey back, but Carburetor, Elvis, Cage, and Headlock(?) ran ahead for extra credit with the tire, while the rest of the PAX split the run with some nice slow Abe Vigodas.
Since Camo had specific Broga requests, YHC went overtime for some glute/hip stretches
- 10 count down dog
- 10 count one legged dog, right leg up
- 10 count scorpion (knee to Butt in one legged dog, then open hips)
- 10 count pigeon (leg perpendicular to body on the ground, then lean forward)
- Flapjack for other side.
CountORama and NameORama
Excellent PAX of 15 with 3 FNGs Eastbound’s name origin is obvious, but we did hear more from him- newlywed, trying to keep in shape for the M, from El Salvador. The Vargas brothers brought it, both dads, Cage is a “Family man”, and Elvis loves the USA and Rock and Roll!
TAPs of thanks for Ava’s continued recovery, cast is off, starting the physical therapy. Prayers for Hundos dad and his battle with depression, and Hundos brother who ships off to serve our country next month. Keeping Jessica, the boys, and Cruiser in our prayers as they adapt to life without big wheel. TAPs for YHC’s daughter Molly.
YHC found meaning in Camos invite to guest Q. His reaching out to me is a great example of iron sharpening iron. I’ve been needing to get out of my routine and this was a perfect way to do it. We all have “things we’ve been meaning to get to” and sometimes it takes a brother to ask “why haven’t you done that yet?” It’s as hard to be the brother who asks that question as it is to be the brother who needs the kick in the ass. The other inspiration for me this morning was Hundo bringing up his dads depression. I shared with the group my experience with depression and the challenge for men, specifically, to name the problem and get help. The support of the brotherhood through fellowship and exercise, as well as proper treatment can get you there. Feel free to reach out to me if you have questions about what this disease looks like.
*Mend a Fence
>Hundos parents need help mending a fence that went down during the last storm. Check Band for details .
> First Thursday – next week, BB’s on Grand Parkway, 1730h or whenever you can get there
>Third Thursday – rotates inside the loop watch band
*Fathers Day Convergence
>Bring the 2.0s for a workout at the hog 16Jun18. Details to follow on band, this has been great fun when we’ve done it before, the kiddos love to workout with dad. Picnic with Ms after workout.
*Player to be named later– Kingwood AO Launch*
> June 2, 2018 – 0630 hours – Cruiser has the Q, watch band for details.
*Austin Spartan Sprint – All Texas Pax Convergence*
> May 20th, 2018 – REVEILLE PEAK RANCH, BURNET TX – More details here.
For those few of you who have not yet signed on – get onto BAND today, either via smartphone app (links here: apple / android), or via the website. This is our new preferred Comz Channel going forward – download it and join the band called “F3 Houston” to get all the info on F3 Houston. Here is where you can learn who are the upcoming Qs, sign up yourself to be the Q, read our Backblasts for each WO, learn details of our next CSAUPs, and as usual, make fun of the guys in the Pax in general with some good ol’ Mumble Chatter.