• When: 1/1/18
• QIC: Haggis, TP and PaceCar
• The PAX: Beta, CradleRobber, Cruiser (RR), Detention, Duggar, DumpTruck, Haggis, HammerTime, H-Bomb, Leprechaun, PaceCar, ShotsFired!, TheBishop, TheWreck, TP, TripleThreat, Hostage
Seventeen PAX posted at Eleanor Tinsley Park for a Tri-Q beatdown to start off the year right. The PAX were reminded that Houston has a few hills; we got a good laugh from some interesting cadence calling; we saw a few of the many tons of sand dumped along Buffalo Bayou by Hurricane Harvey; and we helped rearrange some of the rock landscape.
32 degrees and 15 to 20 knots of wind – damn cold for the South
YHCs are not professionals. F3 workouts are voluntary and free – you are here voluntarily #YouAgainstYou. Modify as needed. Notify the Q or rest of PAX of any serious medical conditions #PushYourselfButDontHurtYourself.
• Imperial Walker 18x IC
• Abe Vigoda 18x IC
• Hillbillies 18x IC
• Grass Grabbers
• Tin Soldiers 18x IC
The Thang – Part 1
• Pair up and Double Applesauce to first set of stairs
• Dora – 100 Merkins; 200 Box Jumps; 300 LBC (while partner runs the stairs and down the hill)
• Mosey to the Amphitheater
• 11s Burpees; Squats (up and down the hill)
• Dragon Run (Follow the Leaders) Breakfast Club, SSR, SSL, High Knees, Butt Kickers
• Step Up Skull Crushers 18x IC
• Dips 18x IC
• Inclined Merkins 18x IC
• Dragon Run to second set of stairs; Breakfast Club, SSR, SSL, High Knees, Butt Kickers
• Two passes up and down the stairs (photo op)
• Declined Merkins 18x IC
• Calf Raises 20x IC Regular; 9x IC Heels Out; 9x IC Heels In
• Mosey to the Bridge
• SSH 36x IC
• Mosey to the Rock Yard – (Select one rock at least bigger than your head)
o Bent Forward Row 18x IC
o Elf on the Shelf 9x IC left to right; 9x IC right to left
o Tricep Extension Skull Crushers
• Dragon Run and Jail Break to the Police Stables for Water Break
The Thang – Part 2
• Quiet Mary in the Apartment Yard
o Low Flutter 18x IC
o Rosalita 18x IC
o High Flutter 18x IC
o LBC 18x IC
• Dragon Run up the Stairs to Sabine Street Bridge (photo op)
• Mosey to the Amphitheater
o Duck walk down (to the ducks’ chagrin)
o Bear Crawl up
o Army Crawl/Slide down
• Recovery Mosey across the Duck Pond
• Jack Went Up the Hill with Two Pails of Water
(4 teams, 2 gallon jugs of water each team, Freddy Mercury until your turn up the hill)
RR with Squats until your turn up the hill
• Duck Duck Goose – Plank and Sprint
• Abe Vigoda
CountORama and NameORama
2017 was a rough year for all and especially rough for many. F3 has helped us all to be stronger in mind, body and spirit and to use that strength to support each other and help those around us. Thanks again to The Bishop and Duggar for bringing F3 to Houston.
*The Rocket – Sugar Land AO Launch*
> January 6, 2018 – 0630 hours – Memorial Park and Brazos Corridor – Inferno has the Q
*Galveston GoRuck Light*
> January 27, 2018 – 1400 hours – Menard Park
*F3 Texas GrowRuck*
> Officially in Houston the last weekend in February. Get your hallpasses now and block that entire weekend for all THREE Fs.
F3 Growruck Shirts are now available on F3 MudGear – get yours today!
*MDA SCOPE 5K*
> March 24, 2018 – Workout at Hermann Park, then train ride to MDA for 5K. PaceCar will have the Q and will be coordinating F3 team and fund raising to support MDA GI Clinic
*Houston Spartan Sprint*
> March 24, 2018 – EBERLY RANCH, CHAPPELL HILL TX – More details here.
*Austin Spartan Sprint – All Texas Pax Convergence*
> May 20, 2018 – REVEILLE PEAK RANCH, BURNET TX – More details here.
For those few of you who have not yet signed on – get onto BAND today, either via smartphone app (links here: apple / android), or via the website. This is our new preferred Comz Channel going forward – download it and join the band called “F3 Houston” to get all the info on F3 Houston. Here is where you can learn who are the upcoming Qs, sign up yourself to be the Q, read our Backblasts for each WO, learn details of our next CSAUPs, and as usual, make fun of the guys in the Pax in general with some good ol’ Mumble Chatter.
YHCs – Haggis, PaceCar, TP