14 PAX gathered at #TheGeneral to get the month of May kicked off right… first they got knocked down, but they got up again.
No FNG’s (unfortunately), but 14 enthusiastic PAX ready for a MMMBD (Monday Morning Musical Beat Down).
YHC is not a professional. This workout is voluntary and free. Modify as needed. #YouAgainstYou Notify the Q of any serious medical conditions. Hopefully you brought gloves. #PushYourselfDontHurtYourself Aye!
Beautiful 58 degrees, are you kidding me, it is May 1 and it is below 60 degrees. The Sky Q Loves us.
Circle up around the shovel flags.
- Imperial Walkers x 12 IC (at a healthy pace)
- Grass Grabbers x 12 IC
- Abe Vigodas x 12 IC
- Little baby arm circles x 12 IC
- Reverse Little baby arm circles x 12 IC
Staying in the Warmarama circle, and keeping with Duggar’s musically themed Saturday Beatdown at #TheYard, YHC figured that he shouldn’t stop a good thing. As YHC perused The Exicon, he came across the ChumbaBurpee. You see, YHC’s M recently made a comment about 4 straight minutes of SSH in her bootcamp class, which YHC responded was totally lame and had to be mind-numbingly boring. Truth be told, YHC was quietly questioning himself if he could accomplish that feat… so when YHC came across the ChumbaBurpee, it immediately called out to him.
- The timeless 1997 classic “Tubthumping” by Chumbawamba is played. PAX start with SSH during the song and then each time they say “I get knocked down, but I get up again,” PAX do a Burpee. 27 Burpees over the course of 3:30 mins of one serious, stuck-in-your-head jam, which is being blared through a mini-wireless speaker. (Fun fact, that song made it to #6 on the Billboard hot 100 in 1997… Purple Rain was in pre-school?)
After a much needed 10 count, PAX Count off 1’s & 2’s and then mosey’d in a double applesauce through the parking lot and then back around to the other side of #TheGeneral to the benches.
- All PAX grab some bench for Dips X 15 IC
- Partner 1 does 20 step ups (10 each leg) while Partner 2 does Low Flutter – FLAP JACK
- Rinse & Repeat
PAX Mosey back to the BBALL Court for Cuatro Esquinas (that is Spanish for Four Corners) – With their Partner
- Corner 1 – Star Jumps (5, 10, 15)
- Corner 2 – Hand Slap Merkins (10, 15, 20)
- Corner 3 – Big Boy Sit Ups – Slapping Hands with your partner (15, 20, 25)
- Corner 4 – Squats (20, 25, 30)
***Running from Corner to Corner
PAX Mosey back to the Stella Side of the Parking Lot and line up for a quick DORA.
- Partner 1 lunges while Partner 2 starts with 75 wide armed Merkins and then 150 Freddie Mercurys (double count)
Mosey Back to the Shovel Flags, circle up… there are 2 mins left… Perfect. Just enough time for ½ of a ChumbaBurpee. (For future reference, the last 1 minute of the song is basically solid burpees.)
It was great to see so many PAX embracing a #MondayMorningBeatdown. YHC can’t think of a better way to kick off the work week.
Britney reminded that there are only a couple more days to get #TheYard shirts from the Mudgear website, so go order a couple, if you haven’t already.
TAPs for Bishops Ankle, Hostage’s M, and all others who are in recovery mode.
SIGN UP FOR BOTH THE SPARTAN RACE AND GROWRUCK 03! “Some people ask why, we ask why not?!!” – F3 Duggar of the Land of Houston (who STILL needs to sign up himself!!)
Spartan Race. Please sign up for the first official F3 Texas(combined Houston, Dallas and San Antonio Pax) #CSAUP Quick summary, expect 4-5 miles with 20-23 obstacles, and lots of burpees. See link for more details on the race: https://www.spartan.com/en/race/detail/1880/overview?filter=sprint Key info:
- When: Sunday, May 21, 2017
- Where: Reveille Peak Ranch|105 CR 114 Burnet, TX 78611
- Registration Info:
- Event: SpartanSprint (NOT the Super)
- Heat: Sunday Morning, 1115-1200 Heat
- Team Name: F3Texas
- Password: Fish61
- Why: #CSAUP Races are signature events for the F3 Nation. The Spartan Race is a excellent chance to test your Fitness, growth in Fellowship and deepen your Faith (believe me, you will be praying during the race…) Ask any Pax who has done one, and they will tell you that #CSAUP events are their favorite F3 activity!!! #seeforyourself
GrowRuck 03 – New Orleans June 9-11 combines F3 Grow School with a GoRuck Tough. Have no doubt, this will be a transformative event for the PAX that do it, as well as for F3 Houston and F3 Texas. Get excited! HC’s Leprechaun (Event Q), Cruiser, Duggar, Inferno, Britney, TP, JackRabbit, Cannon, & Fireball. We need more from the Houston PAX. We also need drivers> a non participant in the event that can drive some very tired & worn out souls back to Houston from Nola.
Thanks to all the PAX this morning in supporting me in my #SecondHelping Q. It was an honor.