Start with a big thanks to Inferno for working out the glitch here on this fine website so I could post the BB from yesterdays workout. Just wish it was fixed yesterday as every muscle in my body hurts this morning. Ample warning was given, don’t forget your gloves. Camo and Inferno had the “Assist” this morning as they brought along #CamosLilDarlins AKA – Cinder Blocks. As I was stringing together ideas of what exercises to do with the blocks, I was worried it wouldn’t push the PAX and it would go too fast. Boy was I wrong on both.
- QIC: Cruiser > aka WarDaddy
- The PAX: Camo, Leprechaun, Brexit, Guitar Hero, Cannon, Shoog, CC, JR Ewing, Golfer (or was it Gopher), The Wreck, Gemini, El Blanco, PaceCar, TP, Inferno, YHC Cruiser (RR) and last but not least our FNG > BOP.
YHC is not a professional, these workouts are free of charge, push yourself but don’t hurt yourself. Modify if needed but use good form. If you have any medical conditions please let someone know. *LASTLY* HYDRATE HYDRATE HYDRATE* #
77* and 90% humidity, let the sweat begin to pour.
Warm Up > Circle up around the flags boys
- SSH x 20 IC
- Abe Vigoda x 10 IC
- Copperhead Squats x 10 IC
- LBAC – Forward and Reverse
- Merkins x 10 IC
#TheThang or Circle of Pain > Say hello to #TheLilDarlins
- The Kettle Bell Swing> Or Coupon Swing. Using hips and legs swing the Coupon up to eye height x 20, then x 15 and finally x 10. All OYO with a ~30 second break in between reps.
- 1 minute rest and hydrate
- The Squat Press> AKA Squat to Press the Coupons. Using good form on the squat, back straight, weight on your heels, picking the Coupon up from the ground, lifting, then pressing overhead, return to the ground via the squat. x 20, x 15 then x 10 OYO with ~30 second break in between
- 1 minute rest and hydrate
- Tricep Press> Extra caution was instructed as we were holding 30# cinder blocks over our heads. Using good form (elbows in tight) press the Coupon up x 10 R&R x 3 with ~ 30 break in between reps.
- 1 minute rest and hydrate
- The Bicep Curl> Holding the Coupon in the most comfortable way you can, using good form (elbows in tight and slow on the down) x 20, x 15, x 10 In Cadence with ~ 30 seconds break between reps > Oh Hail Yes. Hawaii in 3 weeks, better have the CHL for these guns.
- 1 minute rest and hydrate > Mumble chatter picking up, sweat flowing like a river. Several were heard cursing Camos Lil Darlins. Note> Count off 1 – 2, 1’s look to your left, 2’s look to your right. That’s your partner.
- The Big Boy Partner Situp> x 20, lock your legs with your partners R&R x 3
- ~ 30 second break in between reps with ~ 1 minute break upon complete > Then Line up on the Shovel Flags
- The Farmer Carry> Partner 1 grabs both Coupons, walks to the trash can, to the picnic table, around the swing set and back to the shovel flags ~ 75 yds. While he’s doing that > Partner 2 is doing Merkins. R&R x 3 boys. We alternated from Merkins to LBC’s to Planks when we weren’t carrying the Coupons.
- ~ 3 minutes of rest after this one. Proved to be the one that #Burned the most. HYDRATE was the key
- The Bent Over Rows> Feet spread hip width, knees slightly bent, bend over until your back is parallel to the ground, keeping back straight, head up. Lower the Coupon to the ground then pull up to your chest, driving your elbows to the sky. x 10 IC, x 15 then the call came out “Is that all you got” x 25 IC. Oh hail yes I got more. Now today I have a heating pad on my back but I got more.
We have time for 12 minutes of Mary, so on your 6 *Disclaimer> YHC is old, forgets often. If I don’t write this stuff down quickly, well you see where I’m going. If I forget some of the following, uh, what were we talking about?
- The Dolly > x 20 IC
- The Low Flutter> x 20 IC
- Oblique Crunch x 10 IC > each side
- The Bridge x 20 IC
- The Donkey Kick x 20 IC
CountORama and NameORama:
17 PAX posted at #TheHogg for their DRP and #DownPainment> Welcome our FNG – BOP – Trey is an engineer for Big Oil, worked on many offshore projects. BOP stands for Blow Out Preventer. You guys can figure out the rest of his back story from that. Anyway, welcome BOP and thanks to Proud Pappa > Camo for continuing to EH.
BOM: I ask that you continue to lift my SiL Vicki up in your TAP’s as she was diagnosed with breast cancer. Short back story. My M is 1 of 4 girls in the family. Mom passed from breast cancer, Vicki is #2 of the 4 to be diagnosed. This gene continues to be passed down to all the daughters, so tough days, weeks and years to go. PaceCar asked that we lift up his co-worker at the firm who’s going through colo-rectal cancer treatments.
YHC took us out with the reminder to always be thankful for what we have. Continue to pray for those that are ill and to keep all the soldiers, sailors, airmen, police, firefighters, dr’s and nurses in our TAP’s.
F3 Gears– From F3_Beta> If you like to bike, post on “Band” or get with Beta
Capital Ruck Tour: Saturday October 28th > Austin, TX 1700 – 2400, ~20 miles > Details here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/capital-tour-2017-austin-tx-tickets-32076969078?aff=efbeventtix Need More HC’s > this event will tie in with the Austin Launch same day.
GrowRuck Texas > 1st Quarter of 2018
Second F > Fellowship > Thursday, Aug 17th at TBN > 1730 hrs, be there! I’m DR that week.
Further details on above Announcements
Anniversary Convergence – All PAX Welcome: As we approach our 1st Anniversary of Launching F3 Houston this coming Fall, pencil in Saturday, Sept 30th on your calendars for our Convergence Celebration. Details will get ironed out as we get closer, but SAVE THE DATE for now – All PAX are Welcome for this critical birthday.
Upcoming Area of Operations (AOs):
- League City – August 5th
- AO-Q : TP
- Katy – Oct 7th
- AO-Q : Camo
- Humble/Kingwood/Atascocita area – End 2017
- AO-Q : Cruiser
- Sugar Land – Early 2018
- AO-Q : Inferno
Start EH’ing your friends and family for these upcoming AOs!!
Get with the above AO-Qs if you are available to help support these AOs.
For those few of you who have not yet signed on – get onto BAND today, either via smartphone app (links here: apple / android), or via the website. This is our new preferred Comz Channel going forward – download it and join the band called “F3 Houston” to get all the info on F3 Houston. Here is where you can learn who are the upcoming Qs, sign up yourself to be the Q, read our Backblasts for each WO, learn details of our next CSAUPs, and as usual, make fun of the guys in the Pax in general with some good ol’ Mumble Chatter.
As always> I’m honored to lead this group of men today and thank God for bringing F3 into my life. Psalm 18:16 He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters.
LexiconOlogy: EMOTIONAL HEADLOCK: The method by which most FNGs are recruited into F3. Abbr: EH.