- When: Jan 4, 2019
- QIC: KY
- The PAX: Beetle Juice, Abacus, KFC, Big Star, Bullseye (R)
- AO: The Current
This was YHC’s VQ, part deux. YHC got his VQ Card punched in another region and this was his first Q after finding his new home. The men of The Current got to enjoy one of YHC’s favorite Dora rotations. Mumble Chatter was low, so no gems to share with the readers. Short of it: we did work, we made up an exercise on the fly, and we got better.
38F and Clear
YHC is not a professional. F3 workouts are voluntary and FREE – you are here voluntarily #YouAgainstYou. Modify as needed. Notify the Q or rest of Pax of any serious medical conditions #PushYourselfButDontHurtYourself.
- Grass Grabbers x10 IC
- Don Quixote x10 IC
- Partner up. P1 does the exercise, P2 moseys with a 40# sandbag out and back
- Exercise rotation:
- 100 Merkins
- 200 LBCs
- 300 Squats
- Exercise Rotation:
- P1: 20 Overhead Press with 40# sandbag/P2: Hold high plank. Flap Jack
- P1: 20 Curls for the Girls/P2: Al Gore. Flap Jack
- P1: Dips/ P2: Flutter Kicks. Flap Jack
- P1: Bent Over rows/P2: Lunges Flap Jack
- Rinse and Repeat
The Carousel. *New Exercise!
- Start at a low wall, lined up on alternating sides of the wall. Sandbag at feet
- Merkin on the Sandbag
- Stand up and chest pass the sandbag over the wall
- Move to the next position on the wall, the sandbag will be waiting on you.
- Once at the end of the wall, switch to the other side and continue until QIC is satisfied that the PAX is sufficiently crushed.
- Big Boy Situps – 30X on Q
- Peter Parkers – 15X IC
CountORama and NameORama
5 PAX / 0 FNG
YHC had made a personal committment to himself to get back in the Q seat after the move. Being the Q puts a different spin on the BD. You’re in charge of the execution while making sure every man out there gets a quality workout. And you get to do that while pushing yourself physically.
I encourage every member of the PAX to set a goal to Q a BC this year. You don’t have to be a specimen of physical ability. Some of the best BD’s that YHC has been part of was lead by a Q that was rocking the Dad bod. You don’t have to create a complex winkie, simple winkies work just as well as a complex one. Plus the Blast Back archives provide a wealth of ideas that can be used.
Sign up for a Q School, read Freed to Lead (it’s short, I promise), and get the VQ scheduled. Remember: F3 is ultimately after developing effective male leadership. It’s your turn to start to work on yours.
Talked with the PAX about taking on their first (or twentieth) GORUCK challenge. Plenty of opportunities to try something new. Get out and do something to challenge yourself.
For those few of you who have not yet signed on – get onto BAND today, either via smartphone app (links here: apple / android), or via the website. This is our new preferred Comz Channel going forward – download it and join the band called “F3 Houston” to get all the info on F3 Houston. Here is where you can learn who are the upcoming Qs, sign up yourself to be the Q, read our Backblasts for each WO, learn details of our next CSAUPs, and as usual, make fun of the guys in the Pax in general with some good ol’ Mumble Chatter.