- When: 01/18/2018
- QIC: Hostage
- The PAX: Hammer Time, Hayseed, Inferno, O’fer, Sledgehammer, Toolbag, Wolverino, Zamboni
8 courageous men + QIC braved the gloom to sharpen one another in the name of fitness, fellowship and faith.
28 degrees but disappointingly no rain or wind.
Hostage is not a professional. F3 workouts are voluntary and FREE – you are here voluntarily #YouAgainstYou. Modify as needed. Notify the Q or rest of Pax of any serious medical conditions #PushYourselfButDontHurtYourself.
- Parking lot mosey returning to the flags (a courtesy to the stragglers)
- 20 side straddle hops IC
- 10 Abe Vigoda IC
- 10 grass grabbers IC
- 10 burpees OYO
Mosey to the opposite side of the AO with side shuffles and back pedal.
Partner work in the parking lot:
- 10 partner merkins with partner claps
- PAX 1 runs the length of the parking lot and back while PAX 2 does as many LBCs as possible
- When PAX 1 returns, 9 partner merkins with partner claps
- Rinse and repeat until each partner runs 5 times
Mosey to pavilion to pick a picnic table not covered in or near ice.
- 20 alternating step ups IC
- 10 dips IC
- 10 American hammer time IC
- Rinse and repeat
Circle up around QIC
- 25 arm circles forwards IC (100 total)
- 25 arm circles backwards IC (100 total)
- 25 overhead arm claps IC (50 total)
- 25 forward arm claps IC (50 total)
- Holding a sumo squat, each PAX gives 10-count. For one 10-count, shift all weight to right side squat with left leg straight. Flapjack for one 10-count.
Mosey back to the flags for cool-down stretch
- Arms straight overhead, right hand grab left wrist and stretch to the right; flapjack
- Right arm shoulder stretch straight across chest with left arm pulling in; flapjack
- Wide legged straddle stretch, reach for right foot, reach for left, then middle
CountORama and NameORama
Hammer Time, Hayseed, Hostage, Inferno, O’fer, Sledgehammer, Toolbag, Wolverino, Zamboni
Tclaps to Hayseed, O’fer, Sledgehammer, Toolbag, and Zamboni who were EH’d as FNGs for the Rocket’s launch and have been regulars since.
We tend to treat life like our physical comfort. When it feels good, we take those times for granted. When things hurt, the pain gets our full attention, usually trying to stop it. I encourage us all to change our reactions. Let’s intentionally give the good times all our attention and appreciation as if they’ll be lost forever. Then let’s, not only endure, but also actively welcome the pains knowing they’re momentary lessons intended to strengthens us.
*January Merkin Challenge*
> 3,000 merkins OYO for the month of January. Keep track on Band. Push yourself. #NeverTooLateToStart. Start the year off strong, and get stronger!
*Galveston GoRuck Light*
> January 27, 2018 – 1400 hours – Menard Park
*F3 Texas GrowRuck*
> Officially in Houston the last weekend in February. Get your hallpasses now and block that entire weekend for all THREE Fs.
> CLICK HERE FOR FURTHER DETAILS AND REGISTRATION INFO
> F3 Growruck Shirts are now available on F3 MudGear – get yours here!
*MDA SCOPE 5K*
> March 24, 2018 – Workout at Hermann Park, then train ride to MDA for 5K. PaceCar will have the Q and will be coordinating F3 team and fund raising to support MDA GI Clinic
*Houston Spartan Sprint*
> March 24th, 2018 – EBERLY RANCH, CHAPPELL HILL TX – More details here.
*Austin Spartan Sprint – All Texas Pax Convergence*
> May 20th, 2018 – REVEILLE PEAK RANCH, BURNET TX – More details here.
For those few of you who have not yet signed on – get onto BAND today, either via smartphone app (links here: apple / android), or via the website. This is our new preferred Comz Channel going forward – download it and join the band called “F3 Houston” to get all the info on F3 Houston. Here is where you can learn who are the upcoming Qs, sign up yourself to be the Q, read our Backblasts for each WO, learn details of our next CSAUPs, and as usual, make fun of the guys in the Pax in general with some good ol’ Mumble Chatter.