17 PAX posted at #TheHogg. After a gut-wrenching Duggar v. Leprechaun Rock-Paper-Scissors duel and brief but inconclusive discussion of who won or lost the Q, YHC took the Q.
YHC is not a professional instructor. F3 workouts are voluntarily and free of charge. Modify as needed. #YouAgainstYou. Push yourself but don’t hurt yourself. Notify the Q of any serious medical conditions. Aye!
Glorious! Truly Glorious!! Remember this day, gentlemen: 67 degrees, low humidity, cool breeze. Summer is Coming, long before Game of Thrones.
Mosey through St Theresa’s lot into the Garden of Tranquility (GOT). Along the way: side shuffle (L/R) and back peddle.
Circle of Pain
20x IC of SSH, Imperial Walker, LBAC (F/R), and Freddy Mercury. Then, 10x IC of Merkins.
Count off 1-2 and mosey Double Applesauce out of the GOT.
Partners combine for 60 pull ups. Modify as needed. Partner 1 pull ups, Partner 2 runs around the bleachers. RnR until 60 pull ups completed. Plank for the Six.
Mosey over to the kickball parking lot. Our friend in the early ‘90s white long-bed pick up was kind enough to play Willie Nelson at high volume for:
Perform designated BLIMP exercise, run length of parking lot, perform exercise, run back, etc., etc.
- Burpees x10
- Lunges x20 (each leg)
- Imperial Walker x 30
- Merkins x40
- Plank Jacks x50
- Squats x60
Mosey back to the Bleachers.
RnR partner work for 60 pull ups.
Mosey via GOT and the MSM to St. Theresa’s back lot. YHC was wearing new shoes so we took the high and dry route. The #MumbleChatter almost convinced me to savage my new kicks. Next time, yatches.
Partner 1 AMRAP hip slappers while Partner 2 sprints (emphasis on sprint) around the parking lot.
Flapjack. Then, since most PAX were still breathing RnR.
Mosey back to Shovel Flags. There’s time left so a little modified:
- LBCs x50 OYO
- John Travolta (L/R) x10 IC
- Bird Dog x20 IC
- Half Bridge – hold until the Q is tired.
CountORama and NameORama:
17 PAX, 0 FNGs.
- Q line ups for W,Th, Sat
- Start incorporating Q schedules into COT
- Spartan Race is a month out – if not HC’d, still time to join the fun
- GrowRuck – Time to HC and start training
- Capital to Coast relay race – F3 Dallas and San Antonio are looking for additional PAX
- Inferno’s M and son – athletic success this past weekend (not sure what our intrepid PAX accomplished…just kidding)
Thanks to Camo for taking us out.
The four legs of the Q planning kit are: 1) focus on a body part (e.g., legs or chest); 2) run a lot; 3) hit every body part; 4) coupon work. There are probably more but that’s how I think about it. Today, YHC decided to see what was behind door #3. BLIMPS are great for that, then build around it with pull ups for the back, hip slappers for the shoulders, and then modify Mary for some oblique, hip, and lower back work. BLIMPS and the Back Lot let us get some decent running / sprinting in, too.
Strong work from the PAX today. Buble and Duggar were out in front on the Hindenburg BLIMPS today (YHC harbors a certain disdain for fit PAX with long legs, but I digress), and Pace Car was pushing through on his sore getaway sticks (get that knee fixed up, bro). Dr. Seuss is rounding back into form – he crushed the pull ups today, as is Camo who put his speed on display in St Theresa’s back lot. Mass x Acceleration = Camo.
With no FNGs today, YHC thought there might be a little more effort EH’ing the MSM in the GOT. #justsayin’
Spartan Race. The first official F3 Texas (Houston, Dallas and San Antonio PAX) #CSAUP convergence. Quick summary, expect 4-5 miles with 20-23 obstacles, and lots of burpees. See link for more details: https://www.spartan.com/en/race/detail/1880/overview?filter=sprint
Key info / How to sign up:
- When: Sunday, May 21, 2017
- Where: Reveille Peak Ranch|105 CR 114 Burnet, TX 78611
- Event Q:We need one for the F3 Houston PAX. #leadership opportunity. Who wants it?
- Registration Info:
- Event:Spartan Sprint (NOT the Super)
- Heat: Sunday Morning, 1115-1200 Heat
- Team Name: F3Texas
- Password: Fish61
- GrowRuck 03 – New Orleans June 9-11combines F3 Grow School with a GoRuck Tough. You don’t want to miss this! If you’re sitting on the fence about this event, sign up today. This is a custom GoRuck event, which has been specifically designed for F3 to help reinforce the Leadership Development training that the PAX will be exposed to over the course of the GR03. As a FenceSitter, you will have nothing but regret for a long time to come, as the PAX that do participate come back and retell story after story of this transformative experience. So, don’t miss out – sign up! http://bit.ly/2nWxT5H
- Ruck training is underway – to join the chatter on Band, let Inferno or Leprechaun (local event Q) know. Next ruck work Saturday 0500 at The Hogg.
MSM: abbr. for Mysterious Shirtless Male, often found lurking alone in dark areas of local parks, generally in a sweat-soaked condition. Treat with caution, call the Po-Po, or EH as appropriate. http://f3nation.com/lexicon/
Thank you for the opportunity to lead.