YHC wanted to send a quick shoutout to F3 Columbus for their BIG BANG this past Saturday! As we were finishing up our WO in Houston, I got a message from my BIL who posted at Columbus, Ohio’s Launch. He said it was harder than he expected, as the Gloom always is – I know he was impressed and will be back. F3 Houston will remember Diamond from his FNG posting with us this past Christmas. Good work, F3 Columbus – we gave a huge shout in your glory at the end of our WO when I received the msg!
6 PAX posted at #TheHogg for the early bird special 06h WO, including 1 who caught up halfway through. A few of the Pax had great St Patrick’s Day parties the night before, so we had a rough start of things. Guiness was flowing strong last night in H-Town.
No FNGs, so YHC began a shortened disclaimer while we began our first mosey. #Let’sGetThatLoop.
65 degrees and 95% humidity – great weather to steam out some of last night’s St Patrick’s festivities.
After a quarter mile mosey, YHC was finally able to find a dry patch for COP (thinking back now, not sure why it had to be dry, but mostly YHC forgot about warming up in the beginning):
- SSH x 20 IC
- Abe Vigoda x 10 IC
- Tin Soldier x 10 IC
- Merkins x 10 IC
- Duck Walk around the COP – #EasierSaidThanDone
After over three and a half decades of declaring himself a “non-runner,” YHC has recently come to the conclusion F3 may have changed him… YHC would go so far as to say, F3 has evolved him into a better version of himself. Therefore, wanting to see how much we could run with fewer stops, today’s Thang was running the loop with hardly any stops and make it back to the SF for some further exercises. We moseyed around the 3 mile loop with just 3 short stops, plus above’s COP (YHC wanted no stops, but who can pass up a pull-up bar!?!) :
- At the first sight of bars, 10 Pull-up oyo, 2nd Pax member spots, while balance does Slow Squats OYO
- At the second sight of bars, 10 Australian Pull-ups while the Pax does Slow Squats OYO
- Pit stop at the Fun Deck for about 2 minutes of non-stop Dips OYO
- Timing was a bit vague as we used the Dips for an excuse to await a #CodeBrown victim
A quick note about pull-ups, YHC has recently learned that the down portion of the pull-up is just as important, if not more so due to its learning curve potential. YHC reminded the Pax to work on the down portion as slowly as possible with the spotter to help build up our personal Pull-up numbers.
Around this time is when YHC spotted one of our newest members, Fresh Prince, stretching at the Fun Deck. Fresh Prince was late for our start, but stuck around and joined us for the balance of this 06h WO, and also doubled-down with the rest of us for the 07h WO as well – #StayStrongMyFriends
Once the SF was in sight – #MayNeedBinoculars: The Pax finished the mosey with Walk Like an Egyptian until we made the circle around the flag. Pax lines up single-file, and does an Indian Run-style run while holding a single-leg lunge – alternating legs with each Jail Break.
Once we arrived at the SF, YHC explained a Burpee legal shortcut to the Pax he just recently learned… how bending at the hips on the down and up will save your arms when you are trying to break your 1,000 burpees in one day records. With that, we knocked out 10 Burpees OYO as a test. Was also an important lesson during Cruiser’s hellish 07h DownPainment.
Then we finished the remaining 5-10 minutes with Captain Thor! A 4×1 ratio of Big Boy Sit-ups and Russian Twists. We had to take a break after #8, but we were all committed and finished strong hitting #10 (10×40)! Well done, brothers – looked good today! All in, we ran nearly 3.5 miles today – burning nearly 500 calories.
CountORama and NameORama:
6 PAX, no FNGs. As mentioned above, this is when I received the message from my BIL – Diamond that F3 Columbus had a successful launch – we had some nice victory howling for F3 CBUS! #ABH
**NOTE** There is NO Workout at The Hogg this Saturday 3/25. 0600 – 0700 at Hermann Park Miller Outdoor Theatre prior to the MD Anderson SCOPE 5K Run at 0800.
Spartan Race on May 21;
GrowRuck June 9-11 in New Orleans
Second F > Fellowship > this Thursday, March 23rd at Kirby Ice House > 1730 hrs, be there!
TAPs: CA’s son and his family!
YHC took us out with a moment of silence for us to count our blessings and keep building upon becoming better husbands, fathers, brothers, sons, friends, and colleagues.
Further details on above Announcements:
SCOPE 5K: Run for Colorectal Cancer. This is the next F3 Houston #CSAUP event. Pace Car and Cruiser are the Event Q’s. Colorectal cancer is bad news and especially prevalent in men. The plan if for an F3 workout before the run starts, and then crush the race. Some details are still being finalized, but here is what we have so far:
- When: Saturday, March 25, 2017 **There is still time to register**
- Where: Texas Medical Center, 1220 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX
- Start Time: 0800
- Event Q: Pace Car and Cruiser
- Registration Info: https://thedriven.net/event.race_reg/eid/7514234679?
- Team Name: F3 Nation (Make sure you register under our team)
Spartan Race. Please sign up for the first official F3 Texas(combined Houston, Dallas and San Antonio Pax) #CSAUP Quick summary, expect 4-5 miles with 20-23 obstacles, and lots of burpees. See link for more details on the race: https://www.spartan.com/en/race/detail/1880/overview?filter=sprintKey info:
- When: Sunday, May 21, 2017
- Where: Reveille Peak Ranch|105 CR 114 Burnet, TX 78611
- Event Q: We need a Q for the F3 Houston Pax. #leadershipopp Who wants it?
- Registration Info:
- Event:Spartan Sprint (NOT the Super)
- Heat: Sunday Morning, 1115-1200 Heat
- Team Name: F3Texas
- Password: Fish61
- Why: #CSAUP Races are signature events for the F3 Nation. The Spartan Race is a excellent chance to test your Fitness, growth in Fellowship and deepen your Faith (believe me, you will be praying during the race…) Ask any Pax who has done one, and they will tell you that #CSAUP events are their favorite F3 activity!!! #seeforyourself
GrowRuck 03 – New Orleans June 9-11 combines F3 Grow School with a GoRuck Tough. Details to follow. Have no doubt, this will be a transformative event for the PAX that do it, as well as for F3 Houston and F3 Texas. Get excited! HC’s Cruiser, Duggar, Inferno, Britney. We need more from the Houston PAX. We also need drivers> a non participant in the event that can drive some very tired & worn out souls back to Houston from Nola.
F3 COMZ. Because we are only working out together 3-4 hours a week, communication between the Pax is a key way to build our Fellowship as a group. #CommunicationIsKey There are multiple ways to stay in touch: Twitter, Facebook, F3Nation.com
- ABH – Always Be Headlocking! Remember to put out the EH even to our Pax in other cities… F3 Nation is growing and you can help men across this fine nation!
Thank you for the opportunity to lead this great group once again – an honor as always, Aye! Inferno